Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Has there ever been a school shut down for an outbreak of laughing?

You're off your gord if you think that's true 0.35135135135135 35.1% [ 13 ]
Yep, 0.16216216216216 16.2% [ 6 ]
I DO NOT KNOW 0.48648648648649 48.6% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 37 ]
< 1 2 3

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
silvershadowedwings
Laughter is the greatest exercise that could have ever existed! It's good emotionally, and is a lung exercise biggrin DDDD whee
That's so true. Actually the fully belly laughter if you do that for like ten to fifteen minutes you've burned off the average amount of calories in a chocolate bar. Awsome, yes?

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Kick In The South
I wouldn't be as curious as to why the brain would use it to mask any emotion but more so as to why we would use it to hunt like a hyena. It's quite a memorable impression if you ask me.
To hunt fi we did could have two aspects. One communication with one another if it was in a large group because then you'd know where other of your hunting group was and also used accurately enough could confuse the prey. If all the laughter sounded the same, make them think they're surrounded by more than they actually are. Also, laughter can be eerie and that can unnerve said prey. If they're unnerved or afraid they'll be more likely to make a mistake. Easier pickings for the hunter than.
That's if we used laughter as a hunting device. However, the concept would make for an interesting killer.

Familiar Genius

Willow_T
People laugh because:

It's a good way to release stress.
laugh off inconvenient/unpredictable situations because he/she doesn't know how to react differently on the spot.
feeling amused
anger/frustration...though it stems from stress. so it's kinda the same thing.

oh and btw - I think that men try to be funny and tell off jokes because in our society, men feel they must impress other people intellectually more than women. Women feel that they need to impress in other ways (e.i looking good) and less by telling off jokes.

Women can be funny , but they're better at "on the spot" kind of jokes, less on telling a joke.

Before jumping on me, it's MY opinion from my own experience.

I believe you are very right!

Something to add is that some people that are having a panic/anxiety attack, can start laughing out loud seemingly for no reason, when it's how they deal with fear. There are also some people that can start laughing when experiencing great sorrow or loss.

Laughter can be triggered many times by different emotions and situations but how about being tickled, why do we laugh then?

Something I think is that laughter is a defense mechanism we have as humans but also a reward system depending on when we laugh. When feeling down, laughter is a great way to make yourself feel better! mrgreen

Sparkly Shapeshifter

5,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Contributor 150
Laughing makes me forget about the darkness of the world. I always laugh at the most inappropriate times but if it makes me laugh. Why shouldn't I?

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
BjordahlKathryn1991
Laughing makes me forget about the darkness of the world. I always laugh at the most inappropriate times but if it makes me laugh. Why shouldn't I?
Laughing at inappropriate times is usually just a way to deal with the stress of the times. Take in example me, who tends to laugh when I see a friend or someone crying. It's not that I'm laughing at their pain. It's just that the situation makes me so nervous and uncomfortable--because I'm not sure what will make this person feel better, if anything--that I need a way to release my own tension. Unfortunately this usually comes in the form of laughter.

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
I laugh when I am amused.

I am easily amused.

This means I laugh most of the time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash