Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Has there ever been a school shut down for an outbreak of laughing?

You're off your gord if you think that's true 0.35135135135135 35.1% [ 13 ]
Yep, 0.16216216216216 16.2% [ 6 ]
I DO NOT KNOW 0.48648648648649 48.6% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 37 ]
1 2 3 >

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
We all laugh, but have you ever thought of why we laugh? Turns out there's several reasons ranging from relief theory to superiority theory. Anyway, about only 20 percent of what we laugh at is jokes or humor and the rest is from nonserious things like... "bye, see you later' or "That party was awsome"

Anyway, I kind of just want to discuss this, so...have at it hound dogs.

answer to poll. Is yes. There was a school in Tanzania that had to have a boarding school close for a while.
We laugh because we are amused.

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
CH1YO
Not necessarily. I'm not sure if I said this, but...in an observational study it was determined that the reason behind laughter is only 10%-20% at something that was even remotely humorous. The rest was simply random things like someone falling and we're laughing to assure others that the person got back up and isn't hurt or that we're glad it wasn't us.
shadowedivinity
CH1YO
Not necessarily. I'm not sure if I said this, but...in an observational study it was determined that the reason behind laughter is only 10%-20% at something that was even remotely humorous. The rest was simply random things like someone falling and we're laughing to assure others that the person got back up and isn't hurt or that we're glad it wasn't us.

You said it before, it's still nonsense though.

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
CH1YO
shadowedivinity
CH1YO

Wait, what do you mean nonsense?

Sparkly Lunatic

Assumptions about the function of laughter should not be based on one observational study.
That is nonsense xD

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
THeSLuSH
Assumptions about the function of laughter should not be based on one observational study.
That is nonsense xD
The laughter studies are ongoing and it's not just one study that was an example of a study. Those who look in depth into laughter find that there are many reasons why we laugh other then humor. Such reasons and theories are that of relief theory, superiority theory(bullying) and incongruity theory (that which happens is directly opposite of what we expected to happen).

Sparkly Lunatic

shadowedivinity
...in an observational study it was determined that the reason behind laughter is only 10%-20% at something that was even remotely humorous.

I was referring to this ^ in my previous statement.
And trying to be amusing.

But anyways, I know nothing about laughter, and you stating the same thing over and over again has not intrigued me.

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
THeSLuSH
shadowedivinity
...in an observational study it was determined that the reason behind laughter is only 10%-20% at something that was even remotely humorous.

I was referring to this ^ in my previous statement.
And trying to be amusing.

But anyways, I know nothing about laughter, and you stating the same thing over and over again has not intrigued me.
I know, this topic was kind of DOA, which very much sucks because looking into it is kind of interesting.

Gaian

Laughter is one of the many realms of the Internet.

Like your Siggy.
shadowedivinity
CH1YO
shadowedivinity
CH1YO

Wait, what do you mean nonsense?

You know what sense means right? It's not that.

Greedy Consumer

shadowedivinity
We all laugh, but have you ever thought of why we laugh? Turns out there's several reasons ranging from relief theory to superiority theory. Anyway, about only 20 percent of what we laugh at is jokes or humor and the rest is from nonserious things like... "bye, see you later' or "That party was awsome"

answer to poll. Is yes. There was a school in Tanzania that had to have a boarding school close for a while.
but why did it close down? there were laughing shrooms in the soup or something? or there was somethign they all found funny and couldnt stop laughing for hours at a time, perhaps a chemical leak..

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
We Are Organisms
shadowedivinity

but why did it close down? there were laughing shrooms in the soup or something? or there was somethign they all found funny and couldnt stop laughing for hours at a time, perhaps a chemical leak..
No the school in Tanzania was just a really bizarre case of contagious laughter. Oddly enough none of the teachers caught it and it was mostly the girl students who later went home and spread it to their mothers, but not their fathers.

Greedy Consumer

shadowedivinity
We Are Organisms
shadowedivinity

No the school in Tanzania was just a really bizarre case of contagious laughter. Oddly enough none of the teachers caught it and it was mostly the girl students who later went home and spread it to their mothers, but not their fathers.
interesting.

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
We Are Organisms
shadowedivinity
We Are Organisms
shadowedivinity

interesting.
Yep, and statistically speaking women are 126% more likely to laugh in a conversation between a man and a woman then men are.
Also,something irrelevant but needs to be said, I like your username.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff