Welcome to Gaia! ::

GLBT Only Please-- Did you choose?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on December 28, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 >

"It's their choice."

I've heard this statement far too many times, used in both arguments for and against homosexuality. However, as nearly as I can recall, I've only heard it from heterosexuals. I don't believe I've ever had a homosexual person tell me it was their choice to be gay. You can't choose who you fall in love with, and-- in the words of one of my dear friends-- "you can't help what makes you wee-wee tingle."

So how about it? Any homosexuals out there who chose to be gay? (Same goes for bisexuals and the transgendered.)
do you know why they never say they chose? because that would put the responsibility on thier shoulders. it would make it so that they would have to either defend their position wiht something other than "its not my fault" or "OMG U R So INTOLRENT!!11!! Is NOT M FULT!!oneone!!eleventy-one!"
[/cynicism]
i was once in a point in my life when i considered women. The more i thought about it, the more i felt...unsettled. As a transvestite/transexual/whatever you want to call it, i wouldn't mind having the body of a woman... but genuinely, i am sexually attracted to men. Being in a sexual/lust relationship with a woman wouldnt be right for me.
I never got to choose.
I wouldn't call it a choice. If it was a simple choice I would have chosen the other path because of events that happened after-the-fact. But it's not something you choose. I am bi for the simple reason that there are three women I could (have) be(en) with. Two of the three are already gone. (If not only the distance thing, it would be that I'm forgotten. The third and last is leaving state next year.* ). Save them, I've never felt anything for females. And the only reason I've felt anything for them is because they were my closest friends for a long time. (But then, if it that I could make, then my choice now would be the same, I would keep this path. Someone doesn't like it? Too bad for them. xp )

* Not a guilt-trip type attack. Going to a school that's halfway decent is a good thing. I just can't do the distance relationships thing.
I didn't just wake up one morning and decide to be bi, it just sorta happened, and thats it.
Exactly.

Heterosexuals don't decide to be straight, and homosexuals don't decide to be gay. That's just the way it is.

(I have to admit that there are extenuating circumstances [such as traumatic incidents that trigger fear of the opposite/same sex])
Quote:
"It's their choice."

I've heard this statement far too many times, used in both arguments for and against homosexuality. However, as nearly as I can recall, I've only heard it from heterosexuals. I don't believe I've ever had a homosexual person tell me it was their choice to be gay. You can't choose who you fall in love with, and-- in the words of one of my dear friends-- "you can't help what makes you wee-wee tingle."

So how about it? Any homosexuals out there who chose to be gay? (Same goes for bisexuals and the transgendered.)

i didn't choose to be this way... but i did choose to tell others that i am. i never made myself like other girls, but i did choose to say "i like other girls..."
Quote:
Quote:
"It's their choice."

i didn't choose to be this way... but i did choose to tell others that i am. i never made myself like other girls, but i did choose to say "i like other girls..."

i've never actually gone out with or done anythign with a girl though... i've had nine boyfriends, but not one girlfriend... i just like guys more... but sometimes i fidn myself daydreaming about girls... it's odd... mayeb it's a teenage thing... and maybe it'll go away in a few years... but for now... i kinda like being bisexual...
it is a choice and its not a choice you cant choose whether you feel this way or not but you do choose to accept it and you can choose to deny it

Dapper Dabbler

I don't believe I choose. All I remember is always feeling like a boy on the inside, Wishing on stars to change me into a boy, Praying to God to make me a boy, Throwing temper tatrums the each morning to find I was still the same but I don't remember choosing to feel like a boy inside. Oh well...
i never really chose to like girls, i've always liked chicks since i was a little girl. i used to like guys but now they kinda repulse me. as friends they're cool but dating one or marrying one disgusts me.
I never chose to like girls.. I guess I was born bisexual. I've always like girls ever since I was in second or third grade.
I never got to choose really. I think if it was a choice then a lot of homosexual and bisexual people would've chosen to be straight to avoid the extra stress it can cause. Then again, some people thrive on that kinda stress. I just think some heterosexual people don't understand homosexuality because it's something you have to try hard to understand unless your gifted in the way that you just "get it". People don't respond well to things they don't understand, thus, making the ignorance (though I think ignorance is too strong of a word for that).
Spice_Posh
I never got to choose really. I think if it was a choice then a lot of homosexual and bisexual people would've chosen to be straight to avoid the extra stress it can cause. Then again, some people thrive on that kinda stress. I just think some heterosexual people don't understand homosexuality because it's something you have to try hard to understand unless your gifted in the way that you just "get it". People don't respond well to things they don't understand, thus, making the ignorance (though I think ignorance is too strong of a word for that).

Exactly. Generally speaking, if you consider all the stuff that usually goes along with being GLBT, why would you choose to be that way?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff