26,865 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
CH1YO
XxTheSmittenKittenxX
CH1YO
XxTheSmittenKittenxX
It's not like we're born WANTING sex. I mean seriously, does a 1 year old wanna have sex with someone? For example, does a 1 year old boy want to shove his p***s up the rectum of another boy? Nope, he has to learn what that is later on.

Correct. We are, at birth, incapable of sexuality.

*applauds you* Thank you so much. You're intelligence is like a breath of fresh air to me.

Thank you, I am yours to inhale.

Ah ha ha!! xD Then I shall!
I'd have to say that it isn't a choice. Using Asexuality as an example, you don't choose to not think about sex, you just don't, because in order to choose to not think about sex, you have to think about not thinking about sex, which, in a way, is still thinking about sex. What causes it, I don't know. However, I've noticed people talking about there being no genetic causes. Many people forget that the brain has a gender. Every cell in the human body is comprised of either two "X" chromosones or an "X" and a "Y." [Note: I know that this doesn't actually cause sexual preference, but to get people thinking]
Mordeckai
I'd have to say that it isn't a choice. Using Asexuality as an example, you don't choose to not think about sex, you just don't, because in order to choose to not think about sex, you have to think about not thinking about sex, which, in a way, is still thinking about sex. What causes it, I don't know. However, I've noticed people talking about there being no genetic causes. Many people forget that the brain has a gender. Every cell in the human body is comprised of either two "X" chromosones or an "X" and a "Y." [Note: I know that this doesn't actually cause sexual preference, but to get people thinking]

The same chromosomes are present regardless of sexual preference.

Holy-men, in particular, are renowned for making a choice to not think about sex.
CH1YO
DXnobodyX
and no cigerettes will kill you.

They will if they ever become self-aware. We must burn them before that happens.

Im relying on you guys.
DakiDaki
Okay, quick summary.

Next time someone yammers about how sexuality is a 'choice' ask them to be gay.

Tried it, changed my mind and decided women are cheaper.

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Regular 100
Mordeckai

Exactly
DXnobodyX
CH1YO
DXnobodyX

They will if they ever become self-aware. We must burn them before that happens.

Im relying on you guys.

You need to do your share too.
CH1YO
DXnobodyX
CH1YO
DXnobodyX

Im relying on you guys.

Does keeping smokers alive count?

Witty Sweetheart

16,700 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
No, it's no choice. Though some jokers may believe it is.
DXnobodyX
CH1YO
DXnobodyX
CH1YO
DXnobodyX

Im relying on you guys.

Does keeping smokers alive count?

Only if they can smoke through little holes in their neck.

Dapper Dabbler

Look up the studies on the gay gene. Even if you doubt the theory, it's still interesting information.
For one, the 'gene' (or rather, the lack of) only exists in males. This has a wide range of implications. For one, it's possible that women are naturally pansexual, and men bisexual.
Think ancient Greece, and tribes in Papua New Guinea. Interesting stuff. c:
Not a choice.
You're attracted to who you're attracted to, the only choice is if you choose to admit and act on it. The only proof I have to offer is if it were a choice, there is no way people would choose to be gay in countries where they are brutally tortured, then killed for it. Or even in countries where you're simply abused, unprotected and ridiculed.
On the flip side, with all the grief, drama and heartbreak we cause one another, who chooses to be straight anyways? I know plenty of people who would happily be asexual if it were a choice, to avoid dealing with sexuality and its baggage at all.
Feril
Not a choice.
You're attracted to who you're attracted to, the only choice is if you choose to admit and act on it. The only proof I have to offer is if it were a choice, there is no way people would choose to be gay in countries where they are brutally tortured, then killed for it. Or even in countries where you're simply abused, unprotected and ridiculed.
On the flip side, with all the grief, drama and heartbreak we cause one another, who chooses to be straight anyways? I know plenty of people who would happily be asexual if it were a choice, to avoid dealing with sexuality and its baggage at all.

People make bad choices all the time. Sexuality is not really something special that people never make bad choices about. In fact there is lots of evidence that people routinely make bad decisions in regard to sexuality.
CH1YO
Feril
Not a choice.

People make bad choices all the time. Sexuality is not really something special that people never make bad choices about. In fact there is lots of evidence that people routinely make bad decisions in regard to sexuality.

By no means am I saying people don't make bad choices, especially involving sexuality.
I am saying, as someone who has experienced violence first hand for my nature, I tried very, very, very hard to not be queer. Many others like me have. We go through deprecation, self-harm and loathing, shaming, regular physical, emotional and sexual assault, oppression.
I choose over and over again to be straight, to be normal, to be like other people. I studied and practiced, trying my best to be what I thought was good and right, what everyone was telling me was the only way to be.
My friends have died trying to force their sexuality to be a choice, because people told them it was. My sexuality is a part of my nature, my core make up as a human being that I cannot healthily deny. The continued deaths of children because of this same issue, this same fight, share my message and for them, I will not be silent or try to change who I am any more. I will be proud of my self and who I love and will continue to work to make this world a place where anyone else can do the same. That is my only choice in the matter.
Feril
CH1YO
Feril
Not a choice.

By no means am I saying people don't make bad choices, especially involving sexuality.
I am saying, as someone who has experienced violence first hand for my nature, I tried very, very, very hard to not be queer. Many others like me have. We go through deprecation, self-harm and loathing, shaming, regular physical, emotional and sexual assault, oppression.
I choose over and over again to be straight, to be normal, to be like other people. I studied and practiced, trying my best to be what I thought was good and right, what everyone was telling me was the only way to be.
My friends have died trying to force their sexuality to be a choice, because people told them it was. My sexuality is a part of my nature, my core make up as a human being that I cannot healthily deny. The continued deaths of children because of this same issue, this same fight, share my message and for them, I will not be silent or try to change who I am any more. I will be proud of my self and who I love and will continue to work to make this world a place where anyone else can do the same. That is my only choice in the matter.

Are you applying the model that all changes can be reversed with a subsequent choice to the contrary?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff