Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chatty Lunatic

11,775 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Streaker 200
Rose die Valkyrie
"Wrong" is a highly subjective concept.

It depends upon your own personal standards and ideology.

Personally, I don't think it's that strange or deviant. If you're going to indulge in it though I'd recommend being highly educated on how to draw blood and take extreme care to avoid major vessels.

That is some of the worst advice possible and I recommend that the OP does not take it. A person who is not medically trained or have certification should not be messing around with major vessels. As I said in one of my other posts, a person with unusual cravings might have pica which can be a sign of nutritional deficiency.

Standards and ideology have nothing to do with it when it comes to science and healthcare.

4,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
MemoriesOfGreen
Rose die Valkyrie

Personally, I don't think it's that strange or deviant. If you're going to indulge in it though I'd recommend being highly educated on how to draw blood and take extreme care to avoid major vessels.

That is some of the worst advice possible and I recommend that the OP does not take it. A person who is not medically trained or have certification should not be messing around with major vessels. As I said in one of my other posts, a person with unusual cravings might have pica which can be a sign of nutritional deficiency.

Standards and ideology have nothing to do with it when it comes to science and healthcare.

Rose die Valkyrie
take extreme care to avoid major vessels

Chatty Lunatic

11,775 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Streaker 200
Rose die Valkyrie
MemoriesOfGreen
Rose die Valkyrie

Rose die Valkyrie

Wow, this post was a long time ago. Your advice is highly ignorant and should be disregarded.

4,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
MemoriesOfGreen
Rose die Valkyrie
MemoriesOfGreen
Rose die Valkyrie

Rose die Valkyrie

Wow, this post was a long time ago. Your advice is highly ignorant and should be disregarded.

And yet it still seems you haven't actually read it. neutral

Chatty Lunatic

11,775 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Streaker 200
Rose die Valkyrie
MemoriesOfGreen
Rose die Valkyrie
MemoriesOfGreen
Rose die Valkyrie

Rose die Valkyrie

And yet it still seems you haven't actually read it. neutral

I don't think YOU get the point. If someone doesn't have the proper medical training, they should not even be attempting to fiddle with their veins. Medical training costs a good bit of money. You would have to be deeply disturbed to pay all that money for medical training just so you can sip a little bit of your blood. Do you honestly think someone would know how to "avoid major vessels" without hours of practice? Practicing on one's self would be highly dangerous and downright stupid.

So please, tell me how you're an expert on common sense.

Dapper Gawker

Maybe it's pica.

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Well I thought the disorder of blood drinking was reffered to as Rhimfield's Syndrome(you know Dracula's minion--ironic yes?), but I suppose if you don't hurt people it shouldn't be a mental disorder.

There is an underground society of role playing vampires who drink one another's blood and the role-playing is what causes the urge to drink blood. However, in that society they've even leaned more away from blood drinking and more toward the draining of psychic energy(they're psychic vamps), and as stated in their own rules even that must be done with permission of the host.
Goldgato
I don't know if I could call it wrong. It's not common at least. I think most people would consider consumption of human blood cannibalism, though as long as it's consensual and doesn't result in significant harm I wouldn't call it a wrong practice.

Consuming blood isn't cannibalism.Cannibalism specifically refers to eating the flesh of another human, not drinking their blood.

Craving blood is probably a result of some kind of vitamin deficiency. I wouldn't just assume it's a mental disorder, and it's certainly not wrong to have cravings, but I probably would see a doctor about it.

Beloved Bloodsucker

20,225 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
MollyMyth
Could consuming your own blood be traced back to a mental disorder, or could it be considered normal behavior? Could consuming your own blood, or any human's blood, be considered cannibalism?
maybe you are lacking in iron

Blessed Phantom

5,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
LordKhrima
Goldgato
I don't know if I could call it wrong. It's not common at least. I think most people would consider consumption of human blood cannibalism, though as long as it's consensual and doesn't result in significant harm I wouldn't call it a wrong practice.

Consuming blood isn't cannibalism.Cannibalism specifically refers to eating the flesh of another human, not drinking their blood.

Craving blood is probably a result of some kind of vitamin deficiency. I wouldn't just assume it's a mental disorder, and it's certainly not wrong to have cravings, but I probably would see a doctor about it.

Cannibalism is consumption of a human parts, including flesh but also internal organs and even blood.
Goldgato
LordKhrima
Goldgato

Cannibalism is consumption of a human parts, including flesh but also internal organs and even blood.

No, it's really not.

Blessed Phantom

5,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
LordKhrima
Goldgato
LordKhrima
Goldgato

No, it's really not.

Still a common application of cannibalism is eating blood. Most people would regard it as cannibalism.

Timid Vampire

10,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Streaker 200

User ImageI have a blood fetish...it's more common these days so I don't make too big a deal out of it.User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff