Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Foe

10,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Could consuming your own blood be traced back to a mental disorder, or could it be considered normal behavior? Could consuming your own blood, or any human's blood, be considered cannibalism?

Blessed Phantom

5,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
I don't know if I could call it wrong. It's not common at least. I think most people would consider consumption of human blood cannibalism, though as long as it's consensual and doesn't result in significant harm I wouldn't call it a wrong practice.

Fanatical Zealot

A better question is, is it wrong to crave other people's blood?

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

No, it's not wrong to crave the taste of blood. It's actually a common recipe in other countries for native dishes. But be warned, the human stomach isn't meant to handle digestion of blood and so drinking or consuming blood can build up in the bottom of your stomach and cause blockages known as bezoar's, Which in the long run can kill you..
It is wholly inappropriate.

4,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
"Wrong" is a highly subjective concept.

It depends upon your own personal standards and ideology.

Personally, I don't think it's that strange or deviant. If you're going to indulge in it though I'd recommend being highly educated on how to draw blood and take extreme care to avoid major vessels.

Conservative Lover

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
I think it's pretty common to crave the 'taste of blood' or be at least intrigued by it. It's not wrong as long as no one gets harmed and you don't have excessive amounts (kinda need yours to live and others for blood transfusions and that sweatdrop ).

Yichem's Queen

Hardworking Sweetheart

MollyMyth

Consuming your own blood is fine, if one day you cut yourself too deep or do something wrong, you'll probably die and that would be your own problem.
Consuming someone else's blood is a problem (if it's not consensual, that is).
But.. who am I to judge? I'm Transylvanian..

Greedy Consumer

CH1YO
Inappropriate in relation to what?

Hallowed Gekko

I believe it's considered self-cannibalism, but it's fairly common. Most people don't fess up to it.

I suffer from Dermatillomania, a skin picking disorder. Part of this is eating the skin you pick off. Not everyone who picks their skin does it, but most do. I do. It's disgusting and I hate it, but it's something I am not in control of at all.

I mean, as long as you aren't biting off chunks of your own flesh, I don't think it's too much of a problem. I know my disorder signals that my wiring is weird or I'm missing a few screws, but I am not compulsed to go eat other people.
I do like biting, though.
We Are Organisms
CH1YO

Anything reasonable.

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Drink enough blood and you'll get diabetes. Truth.
As with all harmful habits, the answer is "yes," regardless of the reason. As it stands I don't think it's the end of the world, but there are definite health concerns here, the potential of scarring only one of them
We Are Organisms
CH1YO
Social practice and hygiene for starters.

Blessed Phantom

5,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
CH1YO
We Are Organisms
CH1YO

Anything reasonable.

What makes consuming your own blood, assuming you do it without causing serious or lasting harm to yourself, unreasonable?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff