Welcome to Gaia! ::

13AnimePrincess13
i guess i don't kno enough about abortion to feel too strongly about it, but from what i do know, this is my opinion: personally i don't think it's necessarily wrong. if you're going to give birth to a child you don't want, isn't it more merciful not to have it?

You're basically arguing for infanticidal mercy killings.
Winry in Wonderland
Quote:
Would you abort a child if
The proper term would be fetus not child as a child has not yet been created; merely a vessel that holds no soul or recognition of individual thought capability at this point of development. So, fetus- not child!

Prove it.
Quote:
The proper term would be fetus not child as a child has not yet been created; merely a vessel that holds no soul or recognition of individual thought capability at this point of development.

What if the mind was the brain and therefore undergoing development when in the mother's womb?
Winry in Wonderland
CH1YO
Winry in Wonderland
Quote:
The proper term would be fetus not child as a child has not yet been created; merely a vessel that holds no soul or recognition of individual thought capability at this point of development. So, fetus- not child!

Prove it.

The OP asked for us to give our individual responses in the manner of independent thoughts and opinions. I am merely stating what stance I take and believe in on the matter. No explanation is needed as this is not a debate forum; supporting evidence is not pertinent to give a valid expression of belief.

Are you willing to admit that your statement was absurd or do I really have to explain it to you?
you knew for certain it was going to be run over by a car before the age of 13 (18?)
No

you knew it was going to have autism
Maybe or put it up for adoption

a very severe case of autism

if the father left and doesn't give child care
No

if it were the result of a rape

if you didn't have enough money.
No, I'd probably put it up for adoption

I think abortion should be kept a personal decision. There are all these people ragging on women who have had an abortion but they never consider their positions. From a moral stand point, it's wrong to get rid of a life but is it right to give birth to a child who may not necessarily be provided for? Is it right to force a mother to give birth to a child she can't necessarily take care of? I don't think so.
Winry in Wonderland
CH1YO
Winry in Wonderland
CH1YO
Winry in Wonderland
Quote:

Prove it.

The OP asked for us to give our individual responses in the manner of independent thoughts and opinions. I am merely stating what stance I take and believe in on the matter. No explanation is needed as this is not a debate forum; supporting evidence is not pertinent to give a valid expression of belief.

Are you willing to admit that your statement was absurd or do I really have to explain it to you?

It's not your place to tell me that my view on the matter is wrong as everyone is entitled to their own opinion? Now, are you willing to behave like a civil person or are you planning on continuing the immature act of harassing me just because I have a differing view on the matter than you do. I am not saying that your opinion, belief or view is wrong or any less pertinent than my own- I happen to respect others choices and beliefs and will not call them "absurd" as you have chosen to call mine. I do not need an explanation as I can infer where you were going with this since the moment you asked for me to "prove it." I suggest you not waste your time and energy on this matter and learn to respect what others may believe for if you do not do so it is likely that people will not respect yours just because of how you treat theirs.

Now please, stop spamming this forum as I am sure the OP would like to have room for others to give their views on the posed questions.

I have to explain it then?

First of all you've made the decision that a pregnancy can only be aborted if it is at the foetal stage, not before nor after. You have decided that the distinction between foetus and child is the acquisition of a soul and "recognition of individual thought capability".

You have, without any discussion, determined the meaning of a piece of previously defined terminology and done so relying upon a non-defined category.

I'll give you an opportunity to voice your opinion and to redeem your quasi-argument. At what point or through what means does a proto-human vessel acquire a soul and how did you come to know this?

Caring Gaian

6,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Peoplewatcher 100
CH1YO
Winry in Wonderland
CH1YO
Winry in Wonderland
CH1YO

Prove it.

It's not your place to tell me that my view on the matter is wrong as everyone is entitled to their own opinion? Now, are you willing to behave like a civil person or are you planning on continuing the immature act of harassing me just because I have a differing view on the matter than you do. I am not saying that your opinion, belief or view is wrong or any less pertinent than my own- I happen to respect others choices and beliefs and will not call them "absurd" as you have chosen to call mine. I do not need an explanation as I can infer where you were going with this since the moment you asked for me to "prove it." I suggest you not waste your time and energy on this matter and learn to respect what others may believe for if you do not do so it is likely that people will not respect yours just because of how you treat theirs.

Now please, stop spamming this forum as I am sure the OP would like to have room for others to give their views on the posed questions.

I have to explain it then?

First of all you've made the decision that a pregnancy can only be aborted if it is at the foetal stage, not before nor after. You have decided that the distinction between foetus and child is the acquisition of a soul and "recognition of individual thought capability".

You have, without any discussion, determined the meaning of a piece of previously defined terminology and done so relying upon a non-defined category.

I'll give you an opportunity to voice your opinion and to redeem your quasi-argument. At what point or through what means does a proto-human vessel acquire a soul and how did you come to know this?

A soul is a religious invention. Who is to say anyone has a soul? Your argument is weak and based on religion, like most abortion arguments. Make it secular.
Nana Genette
A soul is a religious invention. Who is to say anyone has a soul? Your argument is weak and based on religion, like most abortion arguments. Make it secular.

You're confusing me for the person who introduced the category of the soul, I'm the one secularising the argument.
Would you abort a child if...

you knew for certain it was going to be run over by a car before the age of 13 (18?)
How can you know that?

you knew it was going to have autism/ a very severe case of autism
You can't know that before the baby is born. Even then it takes time to discover autism.

if the father left and doesn't give child care
He needs to support you one way or another. Well, in Belgium the law is very clear about that, I don't know what it is like in other countries.

if it were the result of a rape
I think I would abort. I would probably be very depressed by the rape and stuff, having a child would kill me I guess

if you didn't have enough money
Let the baby be born and put it up for adoption to people who can't have children

Jade King LOVES's Partner

I think the only cases in which an abortion would be permissible would be in the case incest, rape, or the child having an overwhelming chance of being born with severe defects. Rape and incest are capital crimes in some places and no one should be forced to bear a child as a result of either. As for the child having an overwhelming chance of being born with severe defects, I wouldn't stop the mother from having an abortion. It's better to put the child down painlessly and quietly before they're born than have him/her go through hell every single day of their life.
I personally would opt for abortion no matter the circumstance at this particular point in my life, because I am not ready for a child and pregnancy scares the Hell out of me.

This would be much more interesting if you brought up points such as:

If you had conjoined twins that would die if one wasn't aborted?

If giving birth would either kill the child or it had very little chance of surviving once it was born?

If you found out you had cancer and in order to get treatment you needed to abort?

Pregnancy is not always the smooth sailing pro-lifers often think it is, and I'm 100% pro-choice in that I believe a woman should control her pregnancy whether it's abort, adopt, or keep.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff