Welcome to Gaia! ::

slytheringirl_92
cybergirl522
slytheringirl_92
cybergirl522
You don't have to keep the child to raise yourself but you shouldn't abort it either

A fetus isn't legally a person. They can't survive away from the mother, even with care, for the first several months of pregnancy. They are not given citizenship on conception. You don't get citizenship where you are conceived. You get citizenship where you are born. You use the term "child" without understanding what it legally and medically means. Also, what about not forcing children to carry their rapists' children? Most rapes happen to people under age 25. So what happens if you are too traumatized to deal with pregnancy? Abortion is a right because the government shouldn't answer personal questions like that for us.

I dont appreciate you thinking you can tell me what I do and do not know. Abortion is never right and yes it may be a fetus but it still is a human being in my eyes and like I said before murder is illegal and abortion is murder therefore it should be illegal also. If you don't like my opinion I'm sorry but thats how and what it is just an opinion.

"In my eyes" isn't a legal defense. Legal and medical standards say a fetus isn't a person. If you don't want people to disagree with you, don't reply to them and get out of the ED.

I dont care what legal and medical standards say apparently you can't read because I said IN MY EYES THAT IT WAS big difference there has nothing to do with what legal and medical standards say and also I'm sure as hell not going to have someone like you telling me what to do and where to go or not go I couldn't care less if you agree or not I don't need you to agree but I do not appreciate being bitched at by someone who also knows absolutely nothing about abortion apparently. You can't even tell me you know anything about it unless you've had one which I highly doubt you did.

4,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
cybergirl522
slytheringirl_92
cybergirl522
slytheringirl_92
cybergirl522
You don't have to keep the child to raise yourself but you shouldn't abort it either

A fetus isn't legally a person. They can't survive away from the mother, even with care, for the first several months of pregnancy. They are not given citizenship on conception. You don't get citizenship where you are conceived. You get citizenship where you are born. You use the term "child" without understanding what it legally and medically means. Also, what about not forcing children to carry their rapists' children? Most rapes happen to people under age 25. So what happens if you are too traumatized to deal with pregnancy? Abortion is a right because the government shouldn't answer personal questions like that for us.

I dont appreciate you thinking you can tell me what I do and do not know. Abortion is never right and yes it may be a fetus but it still is a human being in my eyes and like I said before murder is illegal and abortion is murder therefore it should be illegal also. If you don't like my opinion I'm sorry but thats how and what it is just an opinion.

"In my eyes" isn't a legal defense. Legal and medical standards say a fetus isn't a person. If you don't want people to disagree with you, don't reply to them and get out of the ED.

I dont care what legal and medical standards say apparently you can't read because I said IN MY EYES THAT IT WAS big difference there has nothing to do with what legal and medical standards say and also I'm sure as hell not going to have someone like you telling me what to do and where to go or not go I couldn't care less if you agree or not I don't need you to agree but I do not appreciate being bitched at by someone who also knows absolutely nothing about abortion apparently. You can't even tell me you know anything about it unless you've had one which I highly doubt you did.

You keep arguing with legal and medical reasons, yet you have failed to provide a specific reason for why a fetus is considered a person. What exactly is "someone like me?" I know nothing? I don't have to have a procedure, but I've done research for medical discussions and arguments with people who are adamantly pro-life and haven't researched the procedure.

Really, all I want to know is what "someone like me" is exactly and why that invalidates any argument I've made.

nextjune's King

Romantic Paradox

37,400 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
I believe abortion should only be an option when someone is raped and not wanting the rapist's baby.
Other than that, a woman has the right to do with her body as she pleases.
slytheringirl_92
cybergirl522
slytheringirl_92
cybergirl522
slytheringirl_92
cybergirl522

You keep arguing with legal and medical reasons, yet you have failed to provide a specific reason for why a fetus is considered a person. What exactly is "someone like me?" I know nothing? I don't have to have a procedure, but I've done research for medical discussions and arguments with people who are adamantly pro-life and haven't researched the procedure.

Really, all I want to know is what "someone like me" is exactly and why that invalidates any argument I've made.

Someone like you is someone who thinks their right all the time and thinks that everyone should agree with their opinion when someone like me clearly DOES NOT! I know what I know and you know what you know leave it at that.
cybergirl522
slytheringirl_92
cybergirl522
slytheringirl_92
cybergirl522

Someone like you is someone who thinks their right all the time and thinks that everyone should agree with their opinion when someone like me clearly DOES NOT! I know what I know and you know what you know leave it at that.

Please, calm down. This is not a debate. Listen, a while ago, I said an opinion is nothing more than an opinion. An opinion is a personal point of view based on an individual's own beliefs, true?
I understand you don't agree with abortion, but let me ask you one thing:
If you could do something to stop abortions, would you do it?
Rykaio
cybergirl522
slytheringirl_92
cybergirl522
slytheringirl_92
cybergirl522

Please, calm down. This is not a debate. Listen, a while ago, I said an opinion is nothing more than an opinion. An opinion is a personal point of view based on an individual's own beliefs, true?

Yes I would
cybergirl522
Rykaio
cybergirl522
slytheringirl_92
cybergirl522

Yes I would

Then you are not expressing your opinion, you are imposing your way of life on people. You gave your opinion based on what you feel needs to happen, regardless of how others feel. Like I said before, people need choices. You are saying that you would forcefully take choices from people, even though their lives are none of your concern. Let me ask you one more thing:

If I told you that you can only have a baby if I say that it is okay, would you agree?
Rykaio
cybergirl522
Rykaio
cybergirl522
slytheringirl_92
cybergirl522

Yes I would

Then you are not expressing your opinion, you are imposing your way of life on people. You gave your opinion based on what you feel needs to happen, regardless of how others feel. Like I said before, people need choices. You are saying that you would forcefully take choices from people, even though their lives are none of your concern. Let me ask you one more thing:

If I told you that you can only have a baby if I say that it is okay, would you agree?

Well considering im probably never having kids anyway it wouldn't matter
cybergirl522
Rykaio
cybergirl522
Rykaio
cybergirl522

Yes I would

You choose to not have children, and yet, you feel you have the right to make the choice for other people? Well then, it's not a choice, now is it? See? This is why there's such a debate.

4,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
cybergirl522
slytheringirl_92
cybergirl522
slytheringirl_92
cybergirl522

Someone like you is someone who thinks their they're right all the time and thinks that everyone should agree with their opinion when someone like me clearly DOES NOT! I know what I know and you know what you know leave it at that.

I don't think I'm right all the time. You came on this thread saying how horrible women are for having abortions. I'm fine with you disagreeing with me until you start with the ad hominem attacks. If you're pro-life, that's fine. But you'd better be prepared to actually do something like work at a crisis pregnancy center instead of yelling at people online. I have no problem with you disagreeing with me, but our entire conversation has clearly NOT been "agree to disagree."
Rykaio
cybergirl522
Rykaio
cybergirl522
Rykaio
cybergirl522

Yes I would

You choose to not have children, and yet, you feel you have the right to make the choice for other people? Well then, it's not a choice, now is it? See? This is why there's such a debate.

Never said I chose not to have children now your making assumptions and you know what they say about that
slytheringirl_92
cybergirl522
slytheringirl_92
cybergirl522
slytheringirl_92
cybergirl522

Someone like you is someone who thinks their they're right all the time and thinks that everyone should agree with their opinion when someone like me clearly DOES NOT! I know what I know and you know what you know leave it at that.

I don't think I'm right all the time. You came on this thread saying how horrible women are for having abortions. I'm fine with you disagreeing with me until you start with the ad hominem attacks. If you're pro-life, that's fine. But you'd better be prepared to actually do something like work at a crisis pregnancy center instead of yelling at people online. I have no problem with you disagreeing with me, but our entire conversation has clearly NOT been "agree to disagree."

Why should I be prepared to do something? I'm just saying that it should be illegal cuz its murder but I really don't care what some pathetic woman does because they cant handle the consequences of their actions
cybergirl522
Rykaio
cybergirl522
Rykaio
cybergirl522

Yes I would

Never said I chose not to have children now your making assumptions and you know what they say about that

1.Yes, you did. 2. No, I don't know what they say. 3. Who knows? Maybe two years from now, you might want to. And, 4. I'll say this one more time: no one has the right to decide the fate of your children! To do that, would make you worse than the cause you're fighting against. I don't decide what goes on in your life, why are you doing it to others?
This is pointless. You can't argue with a fanatic. I'm done.

4,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
cybergirl522
slytheringirl_92
cybergirl522
slytheringirl_92
cybergirl522

Why should I be prepared to do something? I'm just saying that it should be illegal cuz its murder but I really don't care what some pathetic woman does because they cant handle the consequences of their actions

You should be prepared to do something because women who cannot handle having children will give birth. If a pregnancy cannot be terminated, what happens to the baby?

You don't care what a woman does, but you still think it's wrong? You basically just said, "I'm pro-choice because I'm too lazy to be pro-life." It's a lot easier to criticize someone in the forums than it is to actually do anything. If you volunteered at a pregnancy care center or were an advocate for better sex education or even abstinence, I'd applaud you for standing up for your beliefs. Instead, you're here.

Finally, calling women "pathetic" because they made the decision to have a legal medical procedure instead of carrying a pregnancy to term is just wrong. You make moral judgments about the person instead of the society and man that put her in that position.
Rykaio
cybergirl522
Rykaio
cybergirl522
Rykaio
cybergirl522

Yes I would

1.Yes, you did. 2. No, I don't know what they say. 3. Who knows? Maybe two years from now, you might want to. And, 4. I'll say this one more time: no one has the right to decide the fate of your children! To do that, would make you worse than the cause you're fighting against. I don't decide what goes on in your life, why are you doing it to others?
This is pointless. You can't argue with a fanatic. I'm done.

I never said that I chose not to have kids I just said that I was probably not having them because I cant keep a steady relationship your assuming things and cant back your comments claiming i say that s**t up so maybe you need to learn how to read better

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff