Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Phantom

5,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
The loving face
Well I gave you the general definitions for normal in psychology. Was a point coming? Or a reply to the small paragraph above the one sentence that said normal?

Either way if you want to speak in really broad and overly mechanic terms, then yes, ****** can be dubbed an orientation. At the same time however it remains HIGHLY atypical, and a disorder.

I'm still not sure why you consider it be a disorder any more than any other orientation.
Goldgato
The loving face
Well I gave you the general definitions for normal in psychology. Was a point coming? Or a reply to the small paragraph above the one sentence that said normal?

Either way if you want to speak in really broad and overly mechanic terms, then yes, ****** can be dubbed an orientation. At the same time however it remains HIGHLY atypical, and a disorder.

I'm still not sure why you consider it be a disorder any more than any other orientation.

evert single bloody reason i said, majority of which you keep on ignoring, simply saying that you think it is exactly like any other orientation.
Goldgato

Do you know what the word disorder means?
CH1YO
Goldgato

Somehow I doubt it. And then trying to hide it by asking how I would define normal...err. just eurgh.

That or they are a ****** etc.

Blessed Phantom

5,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
Goldgato
The loving face

I've addressed every single reason you've given that ***** is a disorder and they've all fallen short.

The loving face
CH1YO
Goldgato

Somehow I doubt it. And then trying to hide it by asking how I would define normal...err. just eurgh.

Forgive me for making an effort to understand your meaning better. Clearly that was a mistake.
Goldgato
Goldgato
The loving face

I've addressed every single reason you've given that ***** is a disorder and they've all fallen short.

The loving face
CH1YO
Goldgato

Forgive me for making an effort to understand your meaning better. Clearly that was a mistake.

It is atypical.
It is harmful to either/both the ****** and child.Even when not acted apon then its just the bleeding ******.
Sexual attraction to be typical kinda require some sort of attraction to someone that has sexual sighns that are atleast developing. Otherwise it is a paraphilia.
Since it is a paraphilia, and since the first two apply, it can be considered clinical.
since it is a clinical paraphilia it is a disorder.
of the mental process. None of these have fallen short. None.
You ARE sick for comparing this to gender orientation. Whatever gender you are attracted to you can act on your attraction without harming someone.
With ******? No you bloody can't. Don't bring this loli s**t into it because it is not necessarily ******, its more similar to people having fantasies of sleeping with a woman is schoolgirl dress, but not with an actual schoolgirl.

Say you had a kid, about 6, would you let a ****** babysit? If yes I hope you get sterilized.

DSM rejected homosexuality as a mental disorder as it does not necessarily cause harm. ****** does. At least to someone.

Consider this, if the attraction wasn't taboo, but it was still illegal to do ANYTHING of the sort with a child, would a ****** really feel good? No. Especially considering there is even more of a drive to act out on their desires than in a typical person (statistical average definition).

Please prove that it is not a disorder.
An obsessive desire, whether acted on or not, to have sexual relations with a child is exactly as same as obsessive desire to harm a child. I would say that's disordered thinking right there, whether acted upon, or not. Mental disorder primarily relates to the mental part, and behaviour comes secondary.
Or would you not agree that wanting to harm a child is wrong?

And before you say anything, desiring a CHILD is different to finding features that are aesthetically childlike desirable.

Blessed Phantom

5,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
The loving face
Goldgato
Goldgato
The loving face

The loving face
CH1YO
Goldgato

It is atypical.

Assuming by atypical you mean it is only present in a small portion of the population, I'm not sure why this makes it a disorder. Many orientations, fetishes, and even non-sexual traits are only present in a small portion of the population without being labeled disorders.

Quote:
It is harmful to either/both the ****** and child.Even when not acted apon then its just the bleeding ******]

Still no. ***** is not harmful when not acted on. Even to the ***** himself it's other issues present that are the problem and should be addressed, not the ***** itself.

Quote:
Sexual attraction to be typical kinda require some sort of attraction to someone that has sexual sighns that are atleast developing. Otherwise it is a paraphilia.

This seems like an arbitrary distinction to me. Paraphilia is defined as sexual arousal that falls outside of the normative spectrum. However that normative spectrum is defined and shaped by culture and society. If we were a society that accepted ***** it wouldn't be called a disorder. For example look at homosexuality; when it was not accepted by society and even put on the same level as ***** it was described as a disorder. What has changed other than our acceptance of homosexuality?

Quote:
Since it is a paraphilia, and since the first two apply, it can be considered clinical.

I'm still not convinced that the first two apply, or that the term paraphilia is anything more than an arbitrary distinction.

Quote:
since it is a clinical paraphilia it is a disorder.

This is wrong. Paraphilia is not diagnosed as disorder unless it causes distress to the individual or harm to others.

Quote:
of the mental process. None of these have fallen short. None.

They really have. Even if I am willing to agree that paraphilia is more than an arbitrary distinction and ***** qualifies for classification as a paraphilia, the fact is that a paraphilia is not necessarily considered a disorder.

Quote:
You ARE sick for comparing this to gender orientation. Whatever gender you are attracted to you can act on your attraction without harming someone.
With ******? No you bloody can't. Don't bring this loli s**t into it because it is not necessarily ******, its more similar to people having fantasies of sleeping with a woman is schoolgirl dress, but not with an actual schoolgirl.

My point about bringing orientation into this was that homosexuality was a paraphilia, until society began to accept homosexuality. This points to paraphilia as an arbitrary distinction.

Quote:
Say you had a kid, about 6, would you let a ****** babysit? If yes I hope you get sterilized.

I'd have to be able the trust the person around my child on an individual level, as I'm not ready to render judgment against an entire group of people from behind a computer screen.

Quote:
DSM rejected homosexuality as a mental disorder as it does not necessarily cause harm. ****** does. At least to someone.

No, no it does not. ***** can be dealt with in a way that does not cause distress to the individual or harm to others around them. I don't know why you keep insisting otherwise.

Quote:
Consider this, if the attraction wasn't taboo, but it was still illegal to do ANYTHING of the sort with a child, would a ****** really feel good? No.

There's always a taboo around doing something illegal. I'm not sure what you're driving at.

Quote:
Especially considering there is even more of a drive to act out on their desires than in a typical person (statistical average definition).

Care to provide a source for that claim.

Quote:
Please prove that it is not a disorder.

How about the fact that it isn't a disorder unless it causes distress and/or harm? You know, the actual definition of a "paraphilic disorder"?
Alternatively, how about you actually prove that it is a disorder, since you're the one that made the claim? Or would you like me to explain to you how burden of proof works?
Oh My God.

Cognitive dissonance.

Look it up you sick muppet.

****** either causes at least that, or harm to child. Or als guilt and so forth, which you say are only due sociatal norms but the first two aren't.

Its harmful.

Are you stupid?

"***** can be described as a disorder of sexual preference, phenomenologically similar to a heterosexual or homosexual sexual orientation because it emerges prior or during puberty, and because it is stable over time.[51] These observations, however, do not exclude ***** from the group of mental disorders because ***** acts cause harm, and ***** can sometimes be helped by mental health professionals to refrain from acting on their impulses.[52]"
The loving face
CH1YO
Goldgato

That or they are a ******
etc.

Zoophile would be the word.

Out of curiosity how do you define normal?
CH1YO
The loving face
CH1YO
Goldgato

etc.

As i said before three ways to look at it. Statistically, current social norms and biological standard.

First normal is statisctical mode or mean. The second one is something that adheres to current sociatal morals and standards. The last one, well, if all the genes are correctly coded, without atypical bits in it, and then go up in scale if hormones are normal (stats) organs in the generally accepted place and form so forth.
The loving face
CH1YO
The loving face
CH1YO
Goldgato

etc.

As i said before three ways to look at it. Statistically, current social norms and biological standard.

First normal is statisctical mode or mean. The second one is something that adheres to current sociatal morals and standards. The last one, well, if all the genes are correctly coded, without atypical bits in it, and then go up in scale if hormones are normal (stats) organs in the generally accepted place and form so forth.

The third one is the only which is appropriate in this context; specifically in that it represents a functional ideal.
sorry but i really am not getting what you are trying to say.

You said that ****** shouldnt be put under pressure or made feel their desire for children is taboo.
You said anything illegal is taboo.
so it should be legal?
CH1YO
The loving face
CH1YO
The loving face
CH1YO
Goldgato

etc.

The third one is the only which is appropriate in this context; specifically in that it represents a functional ideal.

No, the third one is the only one that is least biased through opinion. The others are still appropriate due to psychological and cultural definitions being appropriate to society.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff