Welcome to Gaia! ::

I don't personally, but there is one alternative I can say would be good to forget.

I have a few friends who were sexually violated as children. At this point, it has shaped their lives, and made intimacy and relationships harder than they needed to be. To forget it now would change them. But if you could make someone forget their rapist soon after the event had occured, it would be a blessing.

Salty Raider

16,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Trader 100
That's a very.. interesting idea. However, I can't say I would or wouldn't. I really can't. I can think of a few people, but there's good memories attached to that person, as well as bad.. Sooo.. It's really iffy. I'd probably say no. Proooobably.

Timid Streaker

I'm tempted to say a few people who thought of me as trash, but they weren't so terrible to the point where I wish I could erase my memories of them.

Codebreaking Kitten

10,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

3,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200
I am a strong believer that all the experiences I have had in my life so far have created the person that I am today. I know, as all people, there are things that have happened that were harder to deal with than others but each thing has happened for a reason.

Wheezing Gekko

4,350 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I honestly wouldn't, why would I want to erase a memory?

If i erase a memory, im erasing experience, if i erase experience, I erase knowledge.

therefore, im doomed to repeat the same mistake.
i'd forget every ex-bf i ever had.
Gramma NatZee
I honestly wouldn't, why would I want to erase a memory?

If i erase a memory, im erasing experience, if i erase experience, I erase knowledge.

therefore, im doomed to repeat the same mistake.

That's not really how anything works. Even if you are unique and have learned from every single experience you have had.

Darkesu's Darling

No one, it's what makes me who I am today.
nekofroggy
I wish I could erase them but you learn things from your past, dark memories. I think everything happens for a reason.

I used to believe this, but now...

The truth is, experience is the comb life gives you after you lose your hair.

My bad memories do nothing but cause me pain ~ yes, I would definately completely erase them if I could.

Lonely Lunatic

I would like to forget Lesfeena. She was one of my best friends. But she suddenly stopped speaking to me. Even when I asked her what I did wrong, she ignored me, as well as my other friends. Losing her as a friend was one of the worst things I've experienced, and it still bothers me even though it's been a year already.

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200
when i first read the question i immediately thought of one person i would love to never have met. but upon further reflection i think if i hadn't met that person and if i hadn't gone through the pain they had caused me, i wouldn't be who i am today, which would be very sad since i like who i am right now. and after trying to think of other people i would rather not remember i can't think of anyone who has not negatively affected me in a way that gave me positive outcomes.. if that makes any sense at all
so i guess i'm writing this to say that i wouldn't want to purposefully forget anyone in my past
I would not just want to erase them from my memory I would want to make sure it never happened.

Ruthless Autobiographer

I would forget my mother and previous best friend. The "Everything happens for a reason." phrase can only be applied to so much, I'm afraid.

Over a year ago, I met my best friend and after a month or so, she just stopped talking to me without any explanation; I tried contacting her with literally every way on Gaia with no response, and after a while, I decided to remove her; it was among the top 3 worst things to ever happen to me.
A few months ago, we ended up friends again, she said her internet was messed up for the year, although I was checking her log in times occasionally and know otherwise. We spoke almost every day for the first few weeks and now she's gone silent once more despite my trying to talk to her; it is true, I could try much harder, I guess I'm trying to be somewhat polite and not spam her so much even though I might want to. Who knows, was I too chatty before?

My mom on the other hand, I really shouldn't get started on her; I would just hope that forgetting her would give me the ability to live my life the way normal humans do, because the way I am now, it's as if I'm trying to get a job and start my life with a dead heart.

(Just turned 18, FYI.)
OMG : )

I WAS THINKING OF THE EXACT SAME THING : )

AND I THINK MANY COULD RELATE TO YOU NOT ONLY ME : )

.....i want to forget an EX

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces