Welcome to Gaia! ::

My life changed once I tripped and slammed the back of my head.
I stopped being 'normal'as others would say. Very "To myself".

Imagination flourished once that happend. Recalling memories of other lives, feeling 'out of it'.
Pschologically unstable, yet able to solve problems and deal with social matters(at an extent). Life took an immediate downfall once in high school.Hormones going crazy, people whom I'd cross day to day suddenly becoming of interest. Attention being the primary goal of the day.Guitar was the gateway of expression of feelings.My body would fill with energy to it's fullest as if I weren't in control.I 'd metaphorically sit inside my mind and watch it all happen while I'd play guitar.

Maybe life is just frequencies that the brain picks up... That's why music is very lovely, depressing, intruiging, warming. Maybe souls(frequencies) enter your body once that certain filter is damaged
through incidences involving brain damage.Is it plausible that our souls are merely a song? And life is just a symphony? I know my soul comes out of the amps when I play guitar.
Music is pleasurable because signals recieved by receptors are either harmonic, symmetrical or both.

Hows your eye sight?

IRL Nerd

8,350 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
While life as you describe it is just a mere perception of our own reality, the frequencies you speak of are not what we would traditionally call frequencies like in physics or music.

However once this stimulation reaches the brain, the brain fires off frequencies of action potentials (APs) generated by this external stimulation of the environment. So not only music can be this way but how we experience vision, touch, and basically all senses can be described as a symphony of frequencies happening in the brain to produce the perception we have of the world we constantly interact with on a daily basis and sometimes take for granted.

Dapper Lunatic

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Your fall did not change you; puberty probably changed you. Depending on exactly where you were hurt, a hit on the back of your head might change your eyesight, your balance, respiratory function, but not your imagination or personality.

It is possible that you are musical and poetic. It is not possible that our souls are songs, though one might be able to express his "soul" through song.
Rosy_Owl
Depending on exactly where you were hurt, a hit on the back of your head might change your eyesight, your balance, respiratory function, but not your imagination or personality.

primary trauma yes and secondry trauma no.

Dapper Lunatic

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
DXnobodyX
Rosy_Owl
Depending on exactly where you were hurt, a hit on the back of your head might change your eyesight, your balance, respiratory function, but not your imagination or personality.

Primary trauma would cause changes to the imagination or personality? (Sorry, not exactly sure what your response is referring to.)
Rosy_Owl
DXnobodyX
Rosy_Owl

Primary trauma would cause changes to the imagination or personality? (Sorry, not exactly sure what your response is referring to.)

Secondry trauma like pressure or stroke can cause changes greater then confined regions affecting imagination and personality. But the initial head bash would only effect posterior and temperal functions.

Dapper Lunatic

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
DXnobodyX
Rosy_Owl
DXnobodyX
Rosy_Owl

Secondry trauma like pressure or stroke can cause changes greater then confined regions affecting imagination and personality. But the initial head bash would only effect posterior and temperal functions.

He didn't mention anything about a stroke; he said he hit the back of his head. So I would expect the occipital cortex, cerebellum and/or medulla to be effected. I suppose it depends upon where he hit, but I wouldn't expect a hit on the back of the head to effect temporal regions. Hopefully he saw a doctor after this happened.

The type of damage depends upon the regions of the brain effected, whether by blunt trauma, stroke, tumor, etc. None of the regions in the back of the brain are typically implicated in imagination or personality. Those are more associated with frontal areas.

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
VisualSound
My life changed once I tripped and slammed the back of my head.
I stopped being 'normal'as others would say. Very "To myself".

Imagination flourished once that happend. Recalling memories of other lives, feeling 'out of it'.
Pschologically unstable, yet able to solve problems and deal with social matters(at an extent). Life took an immediate downfall once in high school.Hormones going crazy, people whom I'd cross day to day suddenly becoming of interest. Attention being the primary goal of the day.Guitar was the gateway of expression of feelings.My body would fill with energy to it's fullest as if I weren't in control.I 'd metaphorically sit inside my mind and watch it all happen while I'd play guitar.

Maybe life is just frequencies that the brain picks up... That's why music is very lovely, depressing, intruiging, warming. Maybe souls(frequencies) enter your body once that certain filter is damaged
through incidences involving brain damage.Is it plausible that our souls are merely a song? And life is just a symphony? I know my soul comes out of the amps when I play guitar.

What is it you need help with? This sounds like your typical adolescence/puberty. The rush of hormones and changes in perception are pretty normal. If you aren't experiencing any negative physiological effects, I bet your hit to the head didn't cause any damage. Especially if it wasn't hard enough to require immediate medical attention (concussions, bleeding, etc.).
The changes are rapid, strong, and surprising for most - if not all - teenagers. Enjoy them. If music helps, keep at it. The ability to imagine yourself in your own reality is something you should embrace, especially when attempting artistic ventures. It's not abnormal.
Rosy_Owl
DXnobodyX
Rosy_Owl
DXnobodyX
Rosy_Owl

He didn't mention anything about a stroke; he said he hit the back of his head. So I would expect the occipital cortex, cerebellum and/or medulla to be effected. I suppose it depends upon where he hit, but I wouldn't expect a hit on the back of the head to effect temporal regions. Hopefully he saw a doctor after this happened.

The type of damage depends upon the regions of the brain effected, whether by blunt trauma, stroke, tumor, etc. None of the regions in the back of the brain are typically implicated in imagination or personality. Those are more associated with frontal areas.

If he is analysing his on neurological trauma im pretty sure he wouldn't know what a stroke or intracranial pressure is.

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
Rosy_Owl
DXnobodyX
Rosy_Owl
DXnobodyX
Rosy_Owl

From those regions, he would either experience extreme physiological issues or visual hallucinations. He is experiencing neither, so it's safe to say it caused no major damage.
Superstition is common in humans - finding patterns that aren't really there. I'd be willing to bet he is attributing changes due to puberty to the hit. Nothing seriously damaging here. If there were, he would have been in such condition as to see a medical doctor, who would have noticed the damage (or potential damage) to any brain region and referred him to a psychologist.

Dapper Lunatic

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
DXnobodyX

I would hope that he went to the doctor after his fall and knows that he did not have a stroke, or at least, if he did, he was treated for it. Though I'm still unsure as to why you think stroke is a possibility here?

Dapper Lunatic

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Project Light
Rosy_Owl
DXnobodyX
Rosy_Owl
DXnobodyX
Rosy_Owl

From those regions, he would either experience extreme physiological issues or visual hallucinations. He is experiencing neither, so it's safe to say it caused no major damage.
Superstition is common in humans - finding patterns that aren't really there. I'd be willing to bet he is attributing changes due to puberty to the hit. Nothing seriously damaging here. If there were, he would have been in such condition as to see a medical doctor, who would have noticed the damage (or potential damage) to any brain region and referred him to a psychologist.

Yes, I had mentioned that, although I'd think visual deficits rather than hallucinations, if anything.
It is clear that whatever changes in personality, etc. that OP has experienced are most likely not due to his head trauma.

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
Rosy_Owl
I'd think visual deficits rather than hallucinations, if anything.

Hallucinations as in splotchy colors and shapes, not objects.

Dapper Lunatic

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Project Light
Rosy_Owl
I'd think visual deficits rather than hallucinations, if anything.

Hallucinations as in splotchy colors and shapes, not objects.

Ah so more like phosphemes, or scotoma? Those might happen.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games