Welcome to Gaia! ::

Servent of KoRn
Gill_Of_Octane
Maybe shes posessed?

she was but we took the spirit out..he meant no harm which was good..
you know spirits exist? or are you just messing with me? I dont mean sound rude or anything
but i just hate when people are dicks on here...

Dont particularly believe in it, but from your description, it sounds like classic posession right out of a movie.
I think it's extremely irresponsible to come looking for help on a forum like this. You have no idea how credible the information received will be. I mean, I've got a psychology degree but you have absolutely no way of knowing that.
She needs to see a doctor and ask for a referral to a psychologist. It might be worth suggesting some scans to see if her problem is biological, not psychological.
If you're desperate, go and check out a copy of the DSM from the library.
Self diagnosis is extremely dangerous.
Watch your step.
Gill_Of_Octane
Servent of KoRn
Gill_Of_Octane
Maybe shes posessed?

you know spirits exist? or are you just messing with me? I dont mean sound rude or anything

Dont particularly believe in it, but from your description, it sounds like classic posession right out of a movie.

im amazed that you are the only one who actually got it right..somebody actually thinks outside the box in here..i came to he same conclusion right away at first but my guardian spirit and daughter (also a spirit) couldnt sense anything since they only sense things that mean any harm (like demons for example)
AllisaNero
I think it's extremely irresponsible to come looking for help on a forum like this. You have no idea how credible the information received will be. I mean, I've got a psychology degree but you have absolutely no way of knowing that.
She needs to see a doctor and ask for a referral to a psychologist. It might be worth suggesting some scans to see if her problem is biological, not psychological.
Watch your step.

you wouldnt believe what the answer to what caused the problem was if i told you..
I'm clairvoyant and this sounds nonsensical... I think I'll stick with traveling the multi-verse
Servent of KoRn
AllisaNero
Watch your step.

you wouldnt believe what the answer to what caused the problem was if i told you..

Probably not.

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
Born of Aphrodite
I'm clairvoyant and this sounds nonsensical...

If an expert in nonsense rules it nonsensical, that's how you know it is.

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
Servent of KoRn
Gill_Of_Octane
Servent of KoRn
Gill_Of_Octane
Maybe shes posessed?

im amazed that you are the only one who actually got it right..somebody actually thinks outside the box in here..i came to he same conclusion right away at first but my guardian spirit and daughter (also a spirit) couldnt sense anything since they only sense things that mean any harm (like demons for example)
Not everyone here believes in spirits so they would not regard your explanation as plausible or even consider it as an option without prompting. BTW psychologists are known to be some of the least likely to endorse spiritual/religious claims, however tolerant they are. This is far from a new trend. Asking for professionals in psychology to analyze a case like what you discussed is not likely to get a spiritual explanation, even if the person does not ridicule your ideas. That is aside from the fact professionals of any sort are low in number here. It has nothing to do with thinking outside the box just skepticism.
Project Light
Born of Aphrodite
I'm clairvoyant and this sounds nonsensical...

If an expert in nonsense rules it nonsensical, that's how you know it is.

can I have your babies?
This is definitely cause for alarm, provided of course she is not doing this for attention. I'd first look into getting a basic mental health screening- designed to pinpoint important details you may overlook and also weed out exaggeration- with a psychologist or psychiatrist (in this case *not* a therapist or counselor, with the exception of your school counselor or nurse, whom can refer you to a competent professional).

We are not talking about putting her in a hospital or psych ward at this point. Due to the cost and records involved (can keep you from getting a job in the military, etc) we'd like to avoid this if possible and there's not much sign that it WILL be necessary yet.

I'm assuming she's awake when this happens, eh? We're not talking night terrors or anything?
Servent of KoRn
Project Light
Go to a psychologist, not the Gaia forums.

It could be anything. It could be medical, or it could be any of a dozen psychological disorders. It's not something to be treated or discussed on an Internet forum. See an actual doctor if it's an issue.

It was a spirit that took over her body..we got it out and now its with us..
Well... that's... Stay in school. Glad to hear the problem has passed.

I mentioned what a mental health screening is designed to do for a reason. Cheap and efficient.
Gill_Of_Octane
Servent of KoRn
Gill_Of_Octane
Maybe shes posessed?

Right out of a movie. Yes.

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
Captain Saeta
This is definitely cause for alarm,

No it's not. It's teenagers being teenagers.
Project Light
Captain Saeta

Discovered that as I read on. The initial response you quote there was based only on her first post which, if it's a serious one and is not for attention (as I said in my initial post), would be concerning to say the least.
Project Light
Captain Saeta

part of me dislikes you..anyway the problem was solved days ago..it was a spirit that possessed
her..i was very concerned for her safety at the time this was happening..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff