Welcome to Gaia! ::

well for some weird reason my girlfriend has been acting weird lately..
like out of nowhere she starts doing things without being conscious of what she's doing..
like the lights are on but nobody's home..what happens is she wont talk and her eyes go all empty looking..the first time this happened she ended up walking to the lake without knowing it and she had no memory of what had happened..right now she is playing minecraft without knowing it and its scary because we dont know how to get her back to normal when she goes all weird.. if you can provide any useful information on this and how to reverse it i would really appreciate it..thank you

ANSWER: A SPIRIT.

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
Go to a psychologist, not the Gaia forums.

It could be anything. It could be medical, or it could be any of a dozen psychological disorders. It's not something to be treated or discussed on an Internet forum. See an actual doctor if it's an issue.
Maybe she was so off put by your lack of capitalization?
Without further examples and prolonged deviations of standard behavior, no objective conclusion can be made. Also some examples of the deviation would help.

Basically what I am saying is that further studies need to be made.

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
I think you should know that only a few here have bachelor's degrees, or any grad school education so the number of people who can reply as professionals is limited. I have a BA in psych plus some grad school, but my schooling has not focused much on abnormal psych. The situation you are describing is only somewhat similar to several problems I have heard of. It sounds a little bit dissociative but there might be more to it than just that and I know I might be wrong given how little I do know about her situation. I think that it would be difficult to assess the problem without knowing other relevant information. Does she have a personal or family history of mental illness? Serious medical condition (Some medical conditions affect the brain)? Are there any legal or illegal drugs she consumes on a regular basis? Are there any major stresses affecting her other than this problem? How often and how long do these episodes occur? I think you should see about getting her to schedule an appointment with a doctor or psychologist to get a better idea what needs to be done as they can recommend seeking therapy or medication based on a more detailed history. Having the answers ready for the questions I asked would be a good start to preparing, since they are bound to ask similar questions and then a few more. To get the best help possible, they need to see her in person and you or one of her family members can fill in the gaps of what she does when her problem occurs.
[Castration Pop]
Without further examples and prolonged deviations of standard behavior, no objective conclusion can be made. Also some examples of the deviation would help.

What does lack of capitalization have to do with anything??

anyway, thank you for your input but the problem was already solved earlier..it was a spirit that had taken over her body but we managed to get it out and now it stays with us..
Project Light
Go to a psychologist, not the Gaia forums.

It could be anything. It could be medical, or it could be any of a dozen psychological disorders. It's not something to be treated or discussed on an Internet forum. See an actual doctor if it's an issue.

It was a spirit that took over her body..we got it out and now its with us..
AliKat1988
I think you should know that only a few here have bachelor's degrees, or any grad school education so the number of people who can reply as professionals is limited. I have a BA in psych plus some grad school, but my schooling has not focused much on abnormal psych. The situation you are describing is only somewhat similar to several problems I have heard of. It sounds a little bit dissociative but there might be more to it than just that and I know I might be wrong given how little I do know about her situation. I think that it would be difficult to assess the problem without knowing other relevant information. Does she have a personal or family history of mental illness? Serious medical condition (Some medical conditions affect the brain)? Are there any legal or illegal drugs she consumes on a regular basis? Are there any major stresses affecting her other than this problem? How often and how long do these episodes occur? I think you should see about getting her to schedule an appointment with a doctor or psychologist to get a better idea what needs to be done as they can recommend seeking therapy or medication based on a more detailed history. Having the answers ready for the questions I asked would be a good start to preparing, since they are bound to ask similar questions and then a few more. To get the best help possible, they need to see her in person and you or one of her family members can fill in the gaps of what she does when her problem occurs.

We found the answer to the cause and it was just a spirit that took over her body but he meant no harm so he stayed with us...
Servent of KoRn
[Castration Pop]

anyway, thank you for your input but the problem was already solved earlier..it was a spirit that had taken over her body but we managed to get it out and now it stays with us..

It makes my eyes hurt. And be sure to feed that thing that organic food. Otherwise it might eat your soul to get the nutrition it needs.

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
Servent of KoRn
[Castration Pop]

It's been ages since I've visited the forums, but do trolls get banned?

Spirits don't exist, OP. She was willfully 'zoning out.'

But at least she has no medical disorder, so have fun with your games. I'd recommend you don't feign a need for help in the future, though.

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Servent of KoRn
AliKat1988

We found the answer to the cause and it was just a spirit that took over her body but he meant no harm so he stayed with us...

YOUR POST IS STUPID.
Servent of KoRn

Glad to hear things worked out for her. Enjoy your new pet spirit!
Maybe shes posessed?
Gill_Of_Octane
Maybe shes posessed?

she was but we took the spirit out..he meant no harm which was good..
you know spirits exist? or are you just messing with me? I dont mean sound rude or anything
but i just hate when people are dicks on here...
Phallic Wonderland
Servent of KoRn
AliKat1988

YOUR POST IS STUPID.

umm okay..thats nice to know razz
[Castration Pop]
Servent of KoRn
[Castration Pop]

It makes my eyes hurt. And be sure to feed that thing that organic food. Otherwise it might eat your soul to get the nutrition it needs.

Hahah! no..Spirits dont eat souls my friend..Besides he (the spirit) wouldnt harm me or my little family I've got..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff