Welcome to Gaia! ::

Animal Lover

13,300 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
CH1YO
Paillettes et Glitter
If homosexuality was a choice than there would be no homosexuals.
If homosexuality was a choice, people wouldn't chose to be homosexual and face the dangers of being attacked late at night by bigot ********. face constant bullying at their schools cause some to take their own lives, or chose to be denied the rights promised in the constitution that heterosexuals freely recieve.
Homosexuality is innate.

If eating lots of pies was a choice than there would be no people who eat lots of pies.
If eating lots of pies was a choice, people wouldn't chose to be eat lots of pies and face the dangers of cardiovascular disease by overindulgence. face constant bullying at their schools cause some to take their own lives.
Eating lots of pies is innate.
Seriously. rolleyes Did you even attempt to make sense with that post?

Q: How exactly does sexual orientation compare to "eating lots of pies"?
A: It doesn't.

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
CH1YO

You clearly do not understand what sexuality is. Not a preference, not a diet or a choice to eat or not eat something.
It's not a craving or a whim.

Clearly, homosexuality is a joke to you.

Is your sexuality innate, or is it something you can grow out of, decide or deny?
CH1YO
Of the three, sexuality is a preference; is not innate and is the result of choices made in infancy.

I agree with this statement. I consider sexuality a preference, not just something you choose, or are born with. It's something that's embedded into your psychology through life and such.
keeping my secrets
CH1YO
Paillettes et Glitter
If homosexuality was a choice, people wouldn't chose to be homosexual and face the dangers of being attacked late at night by bigot ********. face constant bullying at their schools cause some to take their own lives, or chose to be denied the rights promised in the constitution that heterosexuals freely recieve.
Homosexuality is innate.

If eating lots of pies was a choice than there would be no people who eat lots of pies.
If eating lots of pies was a choice, people wouldn't chose to be eat lots of pies and face the dangers of cardiovascular disease by overindulgence. face constant bullying at their schools cause some to take their own lives.

It's only a bad argument when someone else makes it?
XxrationalsexybitchxX
You clearly do not understand what sexuality is. Not a preference, not a diet or a choice to eat or not eat something.
It's not a craving or a whim.

Clearly.

XxrationalsexybitchxX
Clearly, homosexuality is a joke to you.

Clearly.

XxrationalsexybitchxX
Is your sexuality innate, or is it something you can grow out of, decide or deny?

No, no, yes.
teh son-of a gun
CH1YO
Of the three, sexuality is a preference; is not innate and is the result of choices made in infancy.

I agree with this statement. I consider sexuality a preference, not just something you choose, or are born with. It's something that's embedded into your psychology through life and such.

Correct.
Benjamin is Broken
CH1YO
Benjamin is Broken
CH1YO
Benjamin is Broken
I would say that the attraction is innate,

Why would you say that?

Before I explain, let me just say that I don't have scientific evidence to back up my claims. I also am not a psychology or sociology expert, or even major. My statements are merely my opinion. Moving on.

Well, I think of it this way. I cannot recall choosing to be heterosexual. I never woke up one day and said, "Hey, I think I'm going to be attracted to girls." I just was. Between boys and girls, I just naturally found that I was attracted to girls. I have talked to heterosexual and homosexual friends alike, and they all say the same thing: I just felt more attracted to (insert sex here). So if I didn't choose to be heterosexual, why should I assume that anyone of a different orientation chose their orientation? That makes no sense to me.

When did you start being attracted to girls?

Edit: I never started being attracted to girls. I was. I don't know when I realized I was attracted to girls, because that's not exactly something I record.

So, you were always attracted to girls? Even before you knew what a girl was?

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
CH1YO

No, one starts being physically and emotionally attracted to males or females or both the moment one starts to differentiate the sexes. Which was around age four in my case, maybe earlier. I remember having crushes on boys at this early age, and later on, I would chase after them.

Does that mean anything to you?

Animal Lover

13,300 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
XxrationalsexybitchxX
CH1YO

No, one starts being physically and emotionally attracted to males or females or both the moment one starts to differentiate the sexes. Which was around age four in my case, maybe earlier. I remember having crushes on boys at this early age, and later on, I would chase after them.

Ditto this. I remember having "crushes" on girls as early as 6 years old. yum_puddi

Animal Lover

13,300 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
CH1YO
keeping my secrets
CH1YO
Paillettes et Glitter
Homosexuality is innate.

It's only a bad argument when someone else makes it?
It's a bad argument when you switch out something such as sexual orientation which is innate (whether you believe in "born this way" or that it develops over time) with something that is not.

With the "eating lots of pies": Even if a person happens to have a genetic or neurological predisposition to addictive behaviors (such as overeating and eating disorders), there are ways to effectively treat the physical effects of this. The treatment of these is generally a positive thing.

Sexual orientation--on the other hand--has shown over time to be unchangeable, and that attempts at "treatment" are harmful rather than healthful.
XxrationalsexybitchxX
CH1YO

Social generation of sexuality, Q.E.D..

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
keeping my secrets
Ditto this. I remember having "crushes" on girls as early as 6 years old. yum_puddi

emotion_brofist

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
CH1YO

stare
Not genetic, right?
keeping my secrets
It's a bad argument when you switch out something such as sexual orientation which is innate (whether you believe in "born this way" or that it develops over time) with something that is not.

That's a hollow tautology.

Homosexuality is innate because: proof.

Eating lots of pies is innate because: proof.

No, they're different.

Why?

A-priori knowledge sans-proof.

keeping my secrets
With the "eating lots of pies": Even if a person happens to have a genetic or neurological predisposition to addictive behaviors (such as overeating and eating disorders), there are ways to effectively treat the physical effects of this. The treatment of these is generally a positive thing.

Behaviour is not an effect of predisposition.

keeping my secrets
Sexual orientation--on the other hand--has shown over time to be unchangeable, and that attempts at "treatment" are harmful rather than healthful.

Unsubstantiated claims to inconclusive proof are not worth much.
XxrationalsexybitchxX
CH1YO

stare
Not genetic, right?

Correct.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers