Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
i was wondering since talking to one of my friends we some how got on the topic of humanity and he said he hated humanity so much that he wanted it wiped out from the world so i was wondering what are your opinions on the matter? it got me wondering does any one else feel this way?
Cowardice prompts the silliest statements.

3,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
which r u calling a coward me or my friend?

Gaian

ark_sasuke
i was wondering since talking to one of my friends we some how got on the topic of humanity and he said he hated humanity so much that he wanted it wiped out from the world so i was wondering what are your opinions on the matter? it got me wondering does any one else feel this way?

If you want humanity wiped from the face of the Earth, you should probably start with yourself.

Rulez: If you think you can fly, start from the ground up.
ark_sasuke
which r u calling a coward me or my friend?

In this instance your friend.

Dapper Reveler

Life's pretty good once you learn how to stop pretending it isn't.

Dapper Reveler

ark_sasuke
Tell your friend to start talking to girls and fight people he doesn't like.

Adored Admirer

Most of the time.
Hey! I've met a few humans!
And you know what? some of them are actually pretty cool people
Why does your friend think that way?
That was a pathetic thing to say.
ark_sasuke

I have met many people that think this way so your friend certainly isn't alone. Whether it is 'common' or not is hard to say, since most people have enough sense to realize that, whether they ultimately decide to do it or not, talking about it is just going to cause them more problems.

As to my own opinions, I can certainly sympathize with the idea that the world would be a much better place without humanity. From a philosophical standpoint, I would be hard pressed to state that we have done anything beneficial for anything but ourselves. That said, however, I don't think that any individual human has the right to carry out that judgement. That would be my ultimate conclusion to any debate on the topic. Just as I don't have the right to determine what you do with your life I also do not have the right to end it.

Along with what Avgvsto said, I would elaborate that all thoughts are possible, and at least for myself, I would prefer to focus on happier things and let the 'despicable humanity' thoughts drift by unnoticed. While I can understand their rationale, it is ultimately a self-defeating strategy that can only lead to frustration and anger. Reality selection is our friend. I am currently tuning the dial to a station of the clouds singing to me smile
Oh, thirteen year olds. You are hilarious.

Dedicated Informer

One could argue that humanity is a destructive force on anything but itself. And that it therefor would be better for the earth if there were no humans. This would justify the destruction of mankind for the benefit of all other life.

Lucky Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
lord_william_nilsson
One could argue that humanity is a destructive force on anything but itself. And that it therefor would be better for the earth if there were no humans. This would justify the destruction of mankind for the benefit of all other life.

I think that either Google or some asians are going to perfect AI. If Google does it, we have the terminator. xD...if Asians do it, then we get mecha godzilla/megaman or some sort of potentially catastrophic event but with a larger chance that they have a fail-safe if things go wrong. Then there's the tiny possibility of a random country deciding to actually create a doomsday device or World War III somehow breaking out.

I think humans are likely to end up wiping ourselves out or causing a reboot in addition to what you said. But otherwise I agree with it, on the acceptable assumption that scientists probably won't figure out a way to terraform things in mass any time soon, and even if they do, it just means we'll be galactic problems instead of specifically earthly destructive.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff