predominantly an INTJ.

but i have some ENFJ traits at times.

so i guess its safe to say im an XNXJ

Profitable Gekko

6,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
I guess I'm an ambivert. I'll get really chatty if I am interested, but if no one is interesting enough I'll slink off and be alone.

Lucky Noob

Ambivert. I think I might've been an extrovert in another life, but my predominately introverted upbringing tempered that inclination.

I personally favor introverts over extroverts, though.

Apocalyptic Fairy

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
sixii
Ambivert. I think I might've been an extrovert in another life, but my predominately introverted upbringing tempered that inclination.

You know, I never did get notified for this.

Anyways, why the preference? o: Just curious.

Lucky Noob

The Psychotic Artist
sixii

You know, I never did get notified for this.

Anyways, why the preference? o: Just curious.
Because extroverts don't listen when they're wrong. A lot more of them are dumb as piss, too.
Introvert. I usually get tired of people, because they have little depth to them. A bit too ordinary than anything else, which everyone including myself falls under, unfortunately.

Partying Gekko

10,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I'm am ambvalent. But I would qualify that it is more that different situations bring out different aspects of my personality and put me at ease so that I will be more extroverted

Golden Fatcat

8,600 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Generous 100
  • Jack-pot 100
I'm definitely extroverted, since when I can't get enough social interaction I get really depressed. I am fun and outgoing, social, talkative, friendly, and I have an easy time getting along with others and doing group oriented projects. While I do work well on my own just fine I prefer to do it in the company of others. smile
I'd say ambivert. I went a long stretch considering myself an introvert, and then a long stretch considering myself an extrovert. It can change. It's not really something that you are born with and keep until you die.

Have to remember, being introverted =/= being shy. They're different. You can be extroverted and shy, you can also be introverted and not shy at all. I assumed when I was younger than because I was shy and quiet and enjoyed reading and other solitary things, I must be an introvert. In the same vein, when I went to college and shook the shyness, I wanted to talk to and meet everyone - so I decided I must be an extrovert.

But if you think of it in another way, you may be surprised. The way it was finally explained to me, was that everyone has sort of a pool of energy. Introverted people spend energy when they're around other people, and eventually run out and need to retreat and spend time on their own to recoup. In other words, an introvert when placed in a party or with a group of friends, would eventually grow tired of the company and need to leave and have 'me time'.

An extrovert receives energy from other people just as fast as they spend it in social situations, so they don't feel drained by social interactions, but energized. This doesn't mean they never want time to themselves - but they're less likely to feel like they're going to go insane if they don't get it.

The way I see myself is not quite being able to receive energy as fast as I spend it. Haha. I do feel energized from social interactions, and I love meeting new people. However after a long stretch I do eventually get drained. I'm not able to gather social energy anymore, and want to be around less people or work on something on my own. I'm not a true introvert because I need social interaction to feel truly energized and get depressed if I'm on my own for more than a few days. However I'm also not a true extrovert because the opposite also applies.

This also doesn't mean that introverts don't like being around people necessarily. If I took a test now [and in fact in my most recent test] I was somewhere around 50/40 to introverted. So technically that gives me an introverted personality - but I still crave social interaction.

Definitely many shades of grey.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games