Ambivert 0.25670498084291 25.7% [ 134 ]
Total Votes:[ 522 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20 21 22 > >>

Apocalyptic Fairy

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Are you an introvert, ambivert, or extrovert? Explain how your mind or thought process works?

Do you think you are born with what you are, or you can change it? Explain.

Do outside influences help form a person? Explain.

Definitions I am going by (I'm not getting in-depth with the definitions and it is VERY subjective matter):

Introvert:
A person predominantly concerned with their own thoughts and feelings rather than with external things. In other words, over-thinking and preferring to be alone. Usually think then talk.

Note: Being an introvert does NOT mean you are shy (they are two different things)

Extrovert: Outgoing, expressive. Etc. They like being around people and usually think as they talk.

Ambivert:
A person whose personality has a balance of extrovert and introvert features.

An article about introverts (talks about extroverts as well ) Revenge of the Introvert

P.s. People usually have all of these qualities, it's really more of the preference/dominate side.

08/26/11 Edit:

If I had known this thread would of had that many repliers, I would of made it more detailed.

Something I would like to add: Hope some of you feel less out of place. This thread seems to have helped a few a of you, given you more comfort.

4,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Contributor 150
Introvert.

Kinda sucks because the world we live in very much favors the extroverted personality type. Especially if you want to succeed. You need to network, meet people, be open. I do talk a lot with people I get to know, but I need lots of alone time too. I think a lot too.

Apocalyptic Fairy

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
attractive_today
Introvert.

Kinda sucks because the world we live in very much favors the extroverted personality type. Especially if you want to succeed. You need to network, meet people, be open. I do talk a lot with people I get to know, but I need lots of alone time too. I think a lot too.

Yes saddly and the sad truth is, every other person is an introvert. Society's such as the U.S. favors extroverts, society's such as what was Japan would favor the introvert.

4,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Contributor 150
The Psychotic Artist
attractive_today
Introvert.

Yes saddly and the sad truth is, every other person is an introvert. Society's such as the U.S. favors extroverts, society's such as what was Japan would favor the introvert.

I heard extroverts are actually more common...I think its best to have balance and be an Ambivert. I'm working on meeting new people and talking more...its tough but has to be done unfortunately.

I dont know as much about Japanese culture except it's more polite. If they favor introverts maybe I should move there biggrin
I say what I'm thinking, but I only think about important things. What does that make me?

Apocalyptic Fairy

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
attractive_today
The Psychotic Artist
attractive_today
Introvert.

I heard extroverts are actually more common...I think its best to have balance and be an Ambivert. I'm working on meeting new people and talking more...its tough but has to be done unfortunately.

I dont know as much about Japanese culture except it's more polite. If they favor introverts maybe I should move there biggrin

I was reading this article and several others biggrin

Revenge of the Introvert

That's kind of why I posted on here.

But yes, a balance probably is best. :] Likewise on my part. But..I simply like being alone. Lol

Apocalyptic Fairy

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
DXnobodyX
I say what I'm thinking, but I only think about important things. What does that make me?

Important is subjective don't you agree?
The Psychotic Artist
DXnobodyX

Important is subjective don't you agree?

Yes

Lovey-girly's Fangirl

Invisible Seeker

38,315 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
I am a very proud introvert.

And thank you for making the distinction about introverts not being shy- I have gotten called that all my life to the point where I want to strike the word out of existence.

I say (on my bad days) that I am going to have a shirt made that says "I am not shy, I just don't want to talk to you." or "I am not shy, I just do not like you." That might not sound very nice but some extroverts really do not understand the lines they cross with me.

I am rather burned out on people because I work in customer service and day after day of dealing with people who have no interest in being nice, polite, or pleased has worn on me over time. I keep saying I need to learn how to make money materialize from thin air just so I can get some quiet time before I go crazy. xD

Questionable Conversationalist

11,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I am a shy extrovert. I don't like to interupt others when they have the stage, nor do I act "myself" around people I don't know. (Which is a bugger in interviews)
But around people I am comfortable with I am very extroverted.

5,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Tycoon 200
I must say Introvert.

Apocalyptic Fairy

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
RadiantFlare
I am a very proud introvert.

And thank you for making the distinction about introverts not being shy- I have gotten called that all my life to the point where I want to strike the word out of existence.

I say (on my bad days) that I am going to have a shirt made that says "I am not shy, I just don't want to talk to you." or "I am not shy, I just do not like you." That might not sound very nice but some extroverts really do not understand the lines they cross with me.

I am rather burned out on people because I work in customer service and day after day of dealing with people who have no interest in being nice, polite, or pleased has worn on me over time. I keep saying I need to learn how to make money materialize from thin air just so I can get some quiet time before I go crazy. xD

I know what you mean. It angers me too, because I get those reactions. I'm not shy, I'd be the first to run around naked because it's fun. Lol But people don't seem to understand the difference. I like the article because it mentions how a shy person at the party will be at a corner, and the introvert as well. The difference is, the shy person wants to be out there but they cannot. The introvert would be there because they WANT to. :p It's sooo true.

Ew, customers. -__- I'd blow up on a few of them.

But, give the extroverts some credit. They have good people skills. Lol

Apocalyptic Fairy

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
Pippin Aelaera Nueth
I am a shy extrovert. I don't like to interupt others when they have the stage, nor do I act "myself" around people I don't know. (Which is a bugger in interviews)
But around people I am comfortable with I am very extroverted.

That's cool. Glad you posted. :p It's so different everyone, but it's not like everyone is either one or the other. Or a balance of both. You might lean on one side slightly more than another. But yeah, shy a different thing.

Apocalyptic Fairy

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
Nightrush
I must say Introvert.

Yeah? Elaborate? biggrin

5,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Tycoon 200
The Psychotic Artist
Nightrush
I must say Introvert.

Yeah? Elaborate? biggrin
I'm usually quite and always thinking about my problems, like the other day we went to this great river, while everyone is talking and jumping and having fun, I was just sitting down and like in my own thoughts just thinking...I've always been like this since I can remember...Just always thinking and it's always about problems.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff