Welcome to Gaia! ::

hikarusama
Like everyone else was saying it depends on what she has, but it sounds like she has a multiple personality disorder and each different personality created their own accounts for facebook, myspace etc.

It doesn't really.

Beloved Noob

hikarusama
Like everyone else was saying it depends on what she has, but it sounds like she has a multiple personality disorder and each different personality created their own accounts for facebook, myspace etc.

CH1YO
It doesn't really.

I don't think she has that. People suffering from Multiple Personality are not aware they have other personalities. My past friend always have her imaginary friends talk to my friends via facebook or text while talking to her.
I have Asperger syndrome. I am aware that I have Asperger syndrome.

If I were delusional, I might not be aware that I was delusional; the thought that I wasn't delusional could be part of the delusion.

So it really depends on the variety, degree, and subject (if applicable) of the disorder.
Purplatious
I have Asperger syndrome. I am aware that I have Asperger syndrome.

Asperger's is, strictly speaking, a developmental disorder.

2,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I have depression and I started to tell something was off with myself. I also have a friend with bipolar personality disorder and she knew something was off with her as well. I think it depends on the disorder and how far gone they are into it. I think some phycological disorder people have the ability to become aware of when they are having a episode because of it. My friend with bipolar is starting to, she can tell when its no longer herself and its the disorder, but it takes her a little while first.
it's absolutely possibly to have one and not know it... depending on which one it is it's even more likely they wouldn't know... if they are delusional they will be 100% convinced that they don't have a psychotic issues and will fight you to the bitter end in the case of your friend and the fake friends on facebook it's possible either a. she is schizophrenic and created them to help ease her delusion cause they might be voices in her head or she could have latent/ on it's way out MPS and her alternate personalities created them but that's just 2 random possibilities off the top of my head there could be many other reasons but in short yes it's entirely possible to have a psychiatric issue and not know you do
A person can't diagnose themselves, but they can suspect something is wrong and if they are really interested they can look up their symptoms and get answers that way. But since symptoms overlap in different disorders, they can't diagnose themselves.

I have Borderline Personality Disorder and for months before my formal diagnosis I had known that there was something wrong with me, because apparently, it's not normal to hear voices or get uncontrollable anger or have frequent identity crisis.
I had a friend, she did the exact same thing when we were in high-school. She would make up these totally farfetched stories like she told us she was dating a celebrity and he flew all the way around the world to sneak into her bedroom every night, she went so far as to have fake phone conversations in front of us, she also told us she was friends with the devil.... She was pretty wierd. Shes a mom now.

Beloved Noob

XxMissJynx
I had a friend, she did the exact same thing when we were in high-school. She would make up these totally farfetched stories like she told us she was dating a celebrity and he flew all the way around the world to sneak into her bedroom every night, she went so far as to have fake phone conversations in front of us, she also told us she was friends with the devil.... She was pretty wierd. Shes a mom now.

My "friend" was like that too! She's faking phone conversations, and she did really well!
Belladonna de Grimoire
XxMissJynx

My "friend" was like that too! She's faking phone conversations, and she did really well!
Same with my friend! We confronted her and she eventually admitted that she wanted us to like her so she made stuff up to be cool. Thats probably what your friend was doing.

Dedicated Gaian

12,725 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Belladonna de Grimoire
I had a friend who told me and my other friends stories about her so-called friends. In her stories, I noticed that there are some things that are really impossible and some are really ridiculous. So I went through her back and investigated about that so-called friends. I checked their facebook accounts and I found out that her friends are posers made by her. They don't really exist. I kept that to myself because I thought If I tell it to my other friends, they'll think I'll ruin the friendship or I'm saying bad things to ruin her so I decided to wait until one of them discovers it.

After a year, one of my other friends confronted me about that and told me that something's wrong about our friend. She also noticed that there's something wrong with her stories and how unbelievable they are, so I told her what I know. We ignored her, and after some days, she finally knew that we knew her secret, yet she still talks to her poser account friends. I read one and she told her poser friend this.

Quote:
You know me. I always say to the people I met that I have a disorder. They know it in the beginning. Why can't they accept me? If they can't accept me, I won't accept them either

Please answer me guys. Is it really possible for people with disorders know that they have one, and yet still make it worse?

I have many psychological disorders. I have schizophrenia, ADD, Social Anxiety Disorder, and post tramatic stress disorder. I know I have it and yes, there are times when I do know it but am declining mentally. It just means that I need to adjust my medication because I have probably grown a tolerance for one or more. It just takes time to find the right fit. So, yes I have a few mental disorders and yes I am aware of it even in the bad times.

Beloved Noob

Kimya Delilah
A person can't diagnose themselves, but they can suspect something is wrong and if they are really interested they can look up their symptoms and get answers that way. But since symptoms overlap in different disorders, they can't diagnose themselves.

I have Borderline Personality Disorder and for months before my formal diagnosis I had known that there was something wrong with me, because apparently, it's not normal to hear voices or get uncontrollable anger or have frequent identity crisis.

The person I'm talking about told us that she has Borderline Personality Disorder. Can you tell me more something about that, only if it's okay with you. What are the symptoms? and what does your friends said or observed before you were diagnosed with that disorder?

Beloved Noob

XxMissJynx
Belladonna de Grimoire
XxMissJynx

Same with my friend! We confronted her and she eventually admitted that she wanted us to like her so she made stuff up to be cool. Thats probably what your friend was doing.

We are 8 in our group including her. 5 of us know about her lies and the other two are oblivious but they know that there is something wrong. We don't tell them what's really happening because we know that they will get really mad at her. We don't want that to happen, we don't want her to lose those two because that's all she has now. One of those two told my friend that my liar ex-friend "confessed", but still she doesn't tell her the truth. She just lied to her again. I'm afraid if we confront her, she will still insist her lies and we can't resolve anything. You're lucky with your friend. She admitted she's wrong

Beloved Noob

AngelsDreadedFear

I have many psychological disorders. I have schizophrenia, ADD, Social Anxiety Disorder, and post tramatic stress disorder. I know I have it and yes, there are times when I do know it but am declining mentally. It just means that I need to adjust my medication because I have probably grown a tolerance for one or more. It just takes time to find the right fit. So, yes I have a few mental disorders and yes I am aware of it even in the bad times.

Can you tell me more abut ADD? I was told I might have a mild ADD

Dedicated Gaian

12,725 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Belladonna de Grimoire
AngelsDreadedFear

Can you tell me more abut ADD? I was told I might have a mild ADD

ADD is where you can't concentrate very well so things like reading a book is a huge challange with out managing the ADD. I used to read a lot when I was younger but after a few years my concentration went down. I could not read anymore because it wouldn't regester in my mind. I am on Adderall now which helps with the ADD. Now I can read again. Another symptom of ADD is spacing out. For some reason that has not gotten any better and the next time I see my doctor I will bring it up. I don't know much about ADD because I was recently diagnosed with it and I haven't done my research. What I just told you is really all that I know at the moment.

I hope this was helpful. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces