Welcome to Gaia! ::

She has a body like an hourglass...
We all know what bullying is. Basically when an action is taken to offend or make someone feel inferior. It can also be words, of course. From what I see, bullying occurs everywhere. And by everywhere, I mean everywhere. Kids are doing it not only offline, but especially on (shitty) websites like Facebook. But why do people do it?

Discuss, LD:
1. Why do people bully in the first place?
2. Have you ever bullied? If so, why did you choose to pick on said person?
3. Have you ever been bullied? What was your experience like?
4. Have you ever known anyone who has been bullied?
5. Ways to prevent bullying
6. Where does bullying mostly happen? (eg. school, the internet, the neighborhood, etc.)
7. What's the most common type of bullying?

I actually used to be a victim of bullying for a while, and I think the reason people bully is that they're just mean-spirited. The most efficient way to get them to back off is to stand up to them. Let them know that you don't like being treated the way you are, and that you deserve respect. Whatever you do, the worse thing that you could do is insult the bully back. That's just sinking down to their level. Do your best to ignore them, and if things go to far, you need to seek some help. Fast.
As for the most common type of bullying, I would say rumors are quite common nowadays. It's mostly indirect bullying, you know how kids are, always gossiping about each other, judging their friends like there's no tomorrow. Personally, I think it's quite a low thing to do. Judging others just makes you seem like a snobby twerp. If you don't genuinely know the person, then don't spread rumors about them. That could cause a whole lot of trouble, I'm not even joking there.

...and a mind like a diamond.
I've only seen like 2 people get bullied at my school like all the time.
The first guy named is Chris & he's like REALLY OVERWEIGHT, So they make fun of him. And also because he smells like asscrack.

I don't think people should be bullied. If I don't like someone, I just ignore them & pretend they ain't there.

Aged Codger

9,675 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Racketeering Raskolnikov
How to stop bullying: A comprehensive guide

Step One: If someone attempts to bully you, beat the s**t out of them.

THE END
Bite their ear off. Nobody messes wit' th' crazy kids that bites people's ears off

3,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Trader 100
Kaptain K Rool
Racketeering Raskolnikov
How to stop bullying: A comprehensive guide

Step One: If someone attempts to bully you, beat the s**t out of them.

THE END
Bite their ear off. Nobody messes wit' th' crazy kids that bites people's ears off
I like your point, but society wont progress like that. But yea breaking a bully's nose Is just plain awesome.

Ideal guide:
Step 1- Talk with them. Shout if nessessary.
Step 2- Talk to teachers. If they are useless and say stuff like 'not everyone will like you' or 'it's part of life',
Step 3- Talk to parents. Tehy're adults. So ppl will pay more attention to them ¬_¬
Step 4- If none of that works, take the matter in your own hands. Literally. Break faces. Yes literally. They will understand they should really stop messing with you. So forget you are shy or peaceful. They attack you for no reason, so do the same. They ambush you, so do the same.

I was bullied in school and highschool. I got as angry as Hulk. I fought them and I lost, but I did break noses and scared the living crap of them. Let your inner evil come out, even if it's fake. Make them fear you. With the years fear turns to respect. And in my case, some bullies are not bullies anymore, and some are even my friends.

your big bro's Significant Otter

Icy Rogue

Monty Rockfist
Ideal guide:
I'm not sure I agree with this. I got by fine middle school and onwards by ignoring them. Talking to bullies just gives them the attention they want.
Monty Rockfist
Step 2- Talk to teachers.
Step 3- Talk to parents. Tehy're adults. So ppl will pay more attention to them ¬_¬
If they don't stop bothering you, then this.
Monty Rockfist
Step 4- If none of that works, take the matter in your own hands. Literally. Break faces.
Is tempting but would not recommend. Just escalates things.
Monty Rockfist
Make them fear you. With the years fear turns to respect. And in my case, some bullies are not bullies anymore, and some are even my friends.
Do not understand how this is possible.

3,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Trader 100
soracious wonk
Monty Rockfist
Ideal guide:
I'm not sure I agree with this. I got by fine middle school and onwards by ignoring them. Talking to bullies just gives them the attention they want.
Monty Rockfist
Step 2- Talk to teachers.
If they don't stop bothering you, then this.
Monty Rockfist
Step 4- If none of that works, take the matter in your own hands. Literally. Break faces.
Is tempting but would not recommend. Just escalates things.
Monty Rockfist
Make them fear you. With the years fear turns to respect. And in my case, some bullies are not bullies anymore, and some are even my friends.
Do not understand how this is possible.

Fighting is not recommended indeed. But When everything and everyone is useless, you wont have another option then to use their methods against them. You gotta show them they cant just step on you.
Bullies understood it wasnt a good idea to mess with, and they learned to respect me. As years passed by they stopped being jerks. I don't see how that's difficult to understand.

your big bro's Significant Otter

Icy Rogue

Monty Rockfist

Fighting is not recommended indeed. But When everything and everyone is useless, you wont have another option then to use their methods against them. You gotta show them they cant just step on you.
Bullies understood it wasnt a good idea to mess with, and they learned to respect me. As years passed by they stopped being jerks. I don't see how that's difficult to understand.

I suppose if you are being attacked and have no other options, it is recommended that you fight back. I also suppose you are more forgiving than I am.

3,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Trader 100
soracious wonk
Monty Rockfist

I suppose if you are being attacked and have no other options, it is recommended that you fight back. I also suppose you are more forgiving than I am.

forgiving... sure... Well some guys have chilled down. With other bullies :I'm watching you:
( ¬_¬) F¨¨
Of course bullies are neverending so obviously, I'm always watching
1. Why do people bully in the first place?
Power play.

2. Have you ever bullied? If so, why did you choose to pick on said person?
To get an advantage that I thought outweighed the disadvantages.

3. Have you ever been bullied? What was your experience like?
Yes, I fight back unproportionatly.

4. Have you ever known anyone who has been bullied?
yes

5. Ways to prevent bullying
Achieve navana

6. Where does bullying mostly happen? (eg. school, the internet, the neighborhood, etc.)
Relationships

7. What's the most common type of bullying?
Stupid bullying

Timely Elder

14,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
bullying is a need for control.
it can start with feeling inferior at home or in a social setting.
needing to control someone else with fear and pain is a way to get back the control they lost.
its also a defense mechanism.
someone can feel in that their normal life is in distress if something interfears with their oppinion of normal.
years back there were stories about open homosexuals being killed just for being gay.
those people felt that their vision of normal was being challenged.
people are raised a certain way and told right from wrong.
to certain individuals challenging that means challenging them personally and they resort to bullying so they can get their way

this is a very immature way of dealing with insecureness and they don't think they are doing wrong. if you are being bullied talk to someone about it because it isnt ok to put up with being harassed on a daily basis and most of the time its more than one person getting bullied by the same person.

Timely Elder

14,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
and i know this sounds simple, but the key to avoid being bullied is to not be a victim.
simple i know but to some people its easier being a victim than actually dealing with it.

Shirtless Reveler

Madame ecrivain
and i know this sounds simple, but the key to avoid being bullied is to not be a victim.
simple i know but to some people its easier being a victim than actually dealing with it.

Care to elaborate on this? I don't quite understand what you mean by "not becoming a victim". If they're bullied, then they're a victim, REGARDLESS of whether or not they fight back, if that was what you were talking about. Victims that fight back are still victims, yes?

And for those of you who are going to retaliate using violence, I can tell you right here and now that it's not going to work. You pull a roundhouse kick on a bully, he or she will simply get even more frustrated and go on to bully some other kid. All you're doing is creating more victims.

Timely Elder

14,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Pudding Earl
Madame ecrivain

Care to elaborate on this? I don't quite understand what you mean by "not becoming a victim". If they're bullied, then they're a victim, REGARDLESS of whether or not they fight back, if that was what you were talking about. Victims that fight back are still victims, yes?

And for those of you who are going to retaliate using violence, I can tell you right here and now that it's not going to work. You pull a roundhouse kick on a bully, he or she will simply get even more frustrated and go on to bully some other kid. All you're doing is creating more victims.

what i mean is if you are being bullied, dont be afraid. bullies belittle people into thinking they are less than what they really are and that gives the bully to over power the victim and it then gives them a sense of gratification.

what i mean by dont be the victim is dont become apart of some torturous crime circle. yes, being bullied and picked on is something we all have been oppressed under and can get tricky, but not telling anyone about it out of fear is exactly what the bully in question wants. a way to get their ego back without getting in trouble or getting in the way of his or her moral code.

Timely Elder

14,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
victims dont always stay victims.
some turn into survivors. but they can only do that if they do something about it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff