Welcome to Gaia! ::

How do you generally feel about female body hair, or the association of body hair with femininity?

It's generally disgusting. 0.088235294117647 8.8% [ 3 ]
It's more gross on others than on myself. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
It's more gross on myself than on others. 0.11764705882353 11.8% [ 4 ]
It can be tolerated, but to a certain extent. 0.11764705882353 11.8% [ 4 ]
It can be tolerated, and it's no bother. 0.35294117647059 35.3% [ 12 ]
I like it more on others than on myself. 0.029411764705882 2.9% [ 1 ]
I like it more on myself than on others. 0.029411764705882 2.9% [ 1 ]
I generally love it. 0.26470588235294 26.5% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 34 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 12 >

Heroic Senshi

10,950 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
Kelso The Great
CandiedSteel

Honestly I find men with chest hair more attractive than without. Without I think of them as young boys over men, and I like MEN not BOYS!
I have pretty much mastered the nether region shaving. Shaving anything it is best to go with the direction the hair grows rather than against it to avoid razor burn and ingrown hairs.
Honestly, some of the best razors I have ever used were 6 blades from the dollar store. They lasted months and were still sharp enough to use.
Kids will always be kids and there will always be cruelty, but it is part of the experience of growing up.
I have always dyed my hair crazy colors and had piercings and now I have tattoos, so to me, much of that doesn't matter. I have awesome black and grey portraits of the Bride and Frankenstein's monster above my knees.

Yes, I prefer hair on men as well, for the same reason actually. emotion_awesome
Ooo, okay, I will definitely try that, those ingrowns can be so annoying. emotion_puke
That is an interesting view you mentioned, that those experiences are part of growing up.
I don't want to deviate from the topic forum I started, so I'll keep it related to body hair.
So any type of harassment or abuse about body hair should be tolerated as experience?

Rainbow Unicorn

CandiedSteel
Junnypug
CandiedSteel
Junnypug
I don't have much facial hair so I probably won't but if I had I'd def. grow it out for fun xD

That brings me to some interesting questions: Body hair stratifies groups into 'hairy' and 'hairless', the latter being the social norm. Harassment against the 'hairy' by 'hairless' is common, but is deemed as sexual harassment, which could lead to all sorts of formal consequences. Would the reverse, 'hairy' harassing 'hairless', face formal consequences, or even be considered sexual harassment? If so, would that act have more or less punishment?
All right, I'm just going to let you know, you may feel ticklish where the mustache is, and that is normal, no need to fret about it, no concern necessary. emotion_awesome
I'd think people would rage more at me for harassing hairless people in such case, just because society is pretty narrow-minded rather than reverse

I could see that scenario play out more often than not, since hairlessness is the norm. cat_emo
However, I do not see harassment towards someone for being hairless be deemed as sexual harassment as often as harassment towards someone who is hairy.
Indeed.

This again, it being the norm that everyone should follow. >.>

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
CandiedSteel

So any type of harassment or abuse about body hair should be tolerated as experience?

I put up with the name calling. Words never did much more that irritate me. But otherwise I wasn't afraid to knock some sense into fools. They usually knew not to mess with me after a while.
I never let anyone push me around, but most of my problems were with schools and staff than being bullied by my peers.

Heroic Senshi

10,950 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
Junnypug
CandiedSteel
Junnypug
CandiedSteel
Junnypug
I don't have much facial hair so I probably won't but if I had I'd def. grow it out for fun xD

That brings me to some interesting questions: Body hair stratifies groups into 'hairy' and 'hairless', the latter being the social norm. Harassment against the 'hairy' by 'hairless' is common, but is deemed as sexual harassment, which could lead to all sorts of formal consequences. Would the reverse, 'hairy' harassing 'hairless', face formal consequences, or even be considered sexual harassment? If so, would that act have more or less punishment?
All right, I'm just going to let you know, you may feel ticklish where the mustache is, and that is normal, no need to fret about it, no concern necessary. emotion_awesome
I'd think people would rage more at me for harassing hairless people in such case, just because society is pretty narrow-minded rather than reverse

I could see that scenario play out more often than not, since hairlessness is the norm. cat_emo
However, I do not see harassment towards someone for being hairless be deemed as sexual harassment as often as harassment towards someone who is hairy.
Indeed.

This again, it being the norm that everyone should follow. >.>

Yes, I wonder if this norm will ever cease to exist.
Well, thank you for responding in this thread, I had such a great discussion with you. emotion_bigheart
If you have any more insights or discussion questions you want to bring up, please feel free to do so. emotion_kirakira

Heroic Senshi

10,950 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
Kelso The Great
CandiedSteel

I put up with the name calling. Words never did much more that irritate me. But otherwise I wasn't afraid to knock some sense into fools. They usually knew not to mess with me after a while.
I never let anyone push me around, but most of my problems were with schools and staff than being bullied by my peers.

So it was not so much the peers that bothered you about your body hair, they were mainly adults?
Now that is very interesting; as a latent function, adults teach children how to function in society, both the goods and bads.
Actually, when I asked that question, I was asking the question as if it pertains to the general audience, more than just verbal harassment, but verbal abuse and even assault that are grounded in body hair issues, should all of that be put off as experience?
But your experience with harassment in body hair from adults is very interesting. emotion_jawdrop
What do you think of body hair harassment from adults, should that just be tolerated as well? What if it was more than just harassment? Should it be considered sexual harassment?

Heroic Senshi

10,950 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
Kawaii Romance
If a woman wants to keep her body hair, then she has the right to. I don't know why people think it's okay to police women's bodies just because they don't like something on it. If you don't like it, then you can ******** off.

Personally, though, I prefer shaving the hair off because I hate the feeling of prickly hairs on my legs and stuff. Plus, it helps me stay cool. I get warm very easily and sweat very easily.

Another person who posted in the thread also has health risks concerned with her body, which prevents her from shaving her body hair off.
She would be considered deviant about her body hair, even though it is a health risk emotion_8c . However, one must follow the norm, shaving, to try to avoid discrimination.

If you could not feel as warm as you do now, and not feel prickly, would you still shave?
If the social norm reversed, body hair is acceptable but shaving is not, would you still shave?

I also believe that body hair should be considered a right, and if so many believe that to be so, then it should be integrated more in health and body-related media, such as health, and beauty magazines. emotion_donotwant

Rainbow Unicorn

Probably it won't unless some famous person demands it.. :/ Wish we could go back to the 60s and 70s in terms of this lol

Heroic Senshi

10,950 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
Abbeon119
Sometimes I shave, and sometimes I don't. It just depends what I feel like, but I personally find hair, especially 'down below' hair more attractive than waxed/shaved on guys and girls.

I also have a preference to body hair, it just seems 'natural'. emotion_dealwithit
Someone posted earlier about body hair being a natural indicator that one has become an adult, to avoid trying to reproduce with the undeveloped.
It makes me curious, are those who prefer body hair, 'mature'?
I like body hair, I am an adult female, I like older mates, but I can be very bossy, haha, don't like facial hair, perhaps body hair is just a taste, or could it have a more deeper meaning? cat_eek
I'm quite lucky, as I am naturally blonde (dyed red) and have fair body hair, so you can barely see on me.

Quotable Kitten

CandiedSteel
Kawaii Romance
If a woman wants to keep her body hair, then she has the right to. I don't know why people think it's okay to police women's bodies just because they don't like something on it. If you don't like it, then you can ******** off.

Personally, though, I prefer shaving the hair off because I hate the feeling of prickly hairs on my legs and stuff. Plus, it helps me stay cool. I get warm very easily and sweat very easily.

Another person who posted in the thread also has health risks concerned with her body, which prevents her from shaving her body hair off.
She would be considered deviant about her body hair, even though it is a health risk emotion_8c . However, one must follow the norm, shaving, to try to avoid discrimination.

If you could not feel as warm as you do now, and not feel prickly, would you still shave?
If the social norm reversed, body hair is acceptable but shaving is not, would you still shave?

I also believe that body hair should be considered a right, and if so many believe that to be so, then it should be integrated more in health and body-related media, such as health, and beauty magazines. emotion_donotwant

I am just going to answer your two questions: yes and yes. I like having smooth skin. It makes me feel pretty and clean. I understand that for some women, body hair makes them feel pretty and clean. But I don't.

Heroic Senshi

10,950 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
Kawaii Romance
CandiedSteel
Kawaii Romance

I am just going to answer your two questions: yes and yes. I like having smooth skin. It makes me feel pretty and clean. I understand that for some women, body hair makes them feel pretty and clean. But I don't.

I see, I too, like to the smooth feeling, I just get too cold in the winter, I guess I regulate body hair according to seasons, haha. emotion_awesome
Well, thank you for your input! Please feel free to post any more thoughts on body hair in this thread. emotion_kirakira

Heroic Senshi

10,950 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
Abbeon119
I'm quite lucky, as I am naturally blonde (dyed red) and have fair body hair, so you can barely see on me.

That's quite interesting, what would society think about body hair that cannot be seen?
Would that still be considered body hair, or an exception to the shaving norm?
I noticed I had a mustache, but it was light, until I grew older, then I decided to shave it to avoid harassment. emotion_8c

Heroic Senshi

10,950 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
Junnypug
Probably it won't unless some famous person demands it.. :/ Wish we could go back to the 60s and 70s in terms of this lol

Haha, yes, those furry chests of the disco men. emotion_awesome
But were women regarded in this manner as well?
From the TV shows I have watched from the 60's and 70's, I have not seen any women with body hair. emotion_facepalm

Rainbow Unicorn

CandiedSteel
Junnypug

Haha, yes, those furry chests of the disco men. emotion_awesome
But were women regarded in this manner as well?
From the TV shows I have watched from the 60's and 70's, I have not seen any women with body hair. emotion_facepalm
Think it's more movie-wise.. but yea. Watch some pron or sex stuff from the decade :p or it's more japanese/european idk XD

yespls redface

idk, seems it was just accepted to have it during those times due to all the riot and feminism i guess, from the 80-90s onward all those models came and proclaimed shaving so. idk

Shameless Lover

~If a woman doesn't care to shave, more power to her. emotion_brofist

I personally always shave my armpits year round, but in the winter my legs rarely see the razor unless I have to wear a dress for some formal event.

My boyfriend tells me that my leg hair doesn't bother him at all.
He also jokes that as long as my armpit hair isn't longer than his, we're all good.
He also thinks that waxing all the hair from one's "downstairs" is a little off putting. He says that he wants to be with a woman, not a little girl. sweatdrop

I have friends from other countries and it seems to just be an American thing to want to wax a woman done until she's as bare as a new born baby. emotion_eyebrow

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff