Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hmm. You know, I never really thought about it as people being confused and in limbo between sexualities.

But now that I do think about, that makes more sense.

1,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Shikamaru Chidori
I believe that the bisexual lifestyle exists. But as a Christian, I find it to be immoral. I don't mean to criticize anyone here who's bisexual, but that's what I believe, and here's why:

1. Contrary to popular belief, homosexuality and bisexuality are not lifestyles you're born with. They're both choices made by a person to engage in those lifestyles, in a clear, discerning mind. There is nothing confusing about it.

2. God did not intend for it to be, "two men", "two women", or any combination of 2 and 1. It was specifically, "One man, and one woman". It wasn't Adam and Steve, or Amanda and Eve, but Adam and Eve.

3. Bisexuality exhibits a longing to belong to a certain class of person, without discernment of the consequences of joining said class. Often, I see people in my state who want to be gay or lesbian or bisexual, without realizing what kind of dangers they're putting themselves into, such as sexually transmitted diseases, public ridicule or disloyalties, or even physical violence from the people they long to be like (according to a poll done by scientists at the University of Pheonix, violence in homosexual or bisexual relationships skyrocketed by over 70% within the past 2 years).
User Image
User Image

So rather than be just another mindless religious robot, mindlessly and aimlessly and blindly believing that all of this is in the hands of some spooky incompetent father figure who doesn't give a s**t, I decided to look around for something else to worship. Something I could really count on.

User Image
I don't choose a sexuality, I don't proclaim it for attendtion. I like who i like whether sex doesn't matter.
sometimes people think your BI when your a little too friendly with your own sex. but that doent mean that their gay or something. God made only two sexes a male and a female, a man and a woman..nothing in between. that's just my opinion.. peace!
spark0808
sometimes people think your BI when your a little too friendly with your own sex. but that doent mean that their gay or something. God made only two sexes a male and a female, a man and a woman..nothing in between. that's just my opinion.. peace!

Uh, yes he did...

Celestial Shapeshifter

24,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
Maybe I'm a romantic but...

You can be attracted to anyone - of either gender - with varying levels of attraction depending on the person himself/herself. The person refers to the being he/she is "inside" - their spirit or soul or whatever you refer to your core essence as - not necessarily superficial features, colour or gender.

I don't think that same sex couples should actually engage in intercourse, but I do understand how you can love and want to live out your life with someone of the same gender. I believe sex is for procreation - it just happens to be "fun" because if it wasn't, people wouldn't want to do it as much.

I don't support the thought that someday the whole world be gay and nobody will be having children and the world will end. O_O Saying that is usually just an excuse to cover your own discomfort or to justify hatred. (Btw, I've never heard any homosexuals saying: Down with the straights! If there were never new people in the world, who would there be have a relationship with, gay or otherwise. >< Bah. Not logical.)

For all those who keep quoting "Adam and Eve", you also say "God is love". Fine. Let me just say this: stop confusing "love" and "sex". They are NOT the same thing. The media has successfully convinced us that "sex" is the natural consequence of "love". Sex sells, like all other 'feel good' wares are good money earners.

Sex can be the consequence of attraction, like a sale to the shop can be the result of the advertisement you watch on TV, but it doesn't have to be. Yes, we want to act on our 'natural' and even unnatural impulses, but we never have to...

P.S. It's a long post, but it's wanted to say... razz
Dana C Scott
(Btw, I've never heard any homosexuals saying: Down with the straights!)

They exist. In an activist guild I used to be a part of a few years ago we had a huge problem with GLBT people degrading heterosexual people and calling them "breeders". It was a mess.
MrDevil69
Heres my take on this topic I believe that everyone is bi sexual. They dont pick and choose there sexual orientation. Many of the early psychologist believe this to.

Nope. Khunn is open minded enough that he tried dating men when he was in his early twenties. He is, in fact, still friends with an ex-boyfriend - even though the relationship ended with "I'm really sorry. I've tried. I like you very, very much, but there's not the slightest bit of sexual attraction." And Khunn's ex-boyfriend is a smart, good-looking, nice man - all of which Khunn recognizes. But no sexual attraction.
For the most part I notice that most people that are bisexual usually go for the same sex, but don't want to admit that they are gay. Like I said for the most part, sometimes there are people that are genuinely bisexual, but all that I have seen have been putting up a front of not being gay when they really are.

5,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
It's a difficult subject, really.

I do believe some people can just be confused, they're growing into who they will be as adults, but others, including myself, genuinly do like boys and girls.

Ever since I was in elementary school, I found myself attracted to both genders and that continues today. It wasn't until middle school that I found there was a name for it: Bisexuality. Today I am proud of who I am and support gay rights.

So, some people are confused. They're still finding themselves and their sexual preference is included in this so they may find that they're under the label of bisexuality some time along that path.

Yes, it is real and yes, some people, not all people, are confused.

Confused probably isn't an appropriate word anyway. lol

7,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
fioce
Shikamaru Chidori
1. Contrary to popular belief, homosexuality and bisexuality are not lifestyles you're born with. They're both choices made by a person to engage in those lifestyles, in a clear, discerning mind. There is nothing confusing about it.

As far as I've been able to tell in the last ... oh, twenty five years since I hit puberty, my sexual orientation is not a "lifestyle" nor is it a choice.

Quote:
2. God did not intend for it to be, "two men", "two women", or any combination of 2 and 1. It was specifically, "One man, and one woman". It wasn't Adam and Steve, or Amanda and Eve, but Adam and Eve.

I like Ishtar SO much better. And she's older than YHWH, too.

Quote:
3. Bisexuality exhibits a longing to belong to a certain class of person, without discernment of the consequences of joining said class. Often, I see people in my state who want to be gay or lesbian or bisexual, without realizing what kind of dangers they're putting themselves into, such as sexually transmitted diseases, public ridicule or disloyalties, or even physical violence from the people they long to be like (according to a poll done by scientists at the University of Pheonix, violence in homosexual or bisexual relationships skyrocketed by over 70% within the past 2 years).

I don't long to belong to any "class of people". Bisexuality is a sexual attraction to both genders. Actually ... I sort of lie. When I was in my early teens, the one thing I longed to be was just like my friends - I wanted to have sexual thoughts *just* about boys, like every other teen girl I knew. Sexual thoughts for girls was terrifying and *not* welcome at all. Because, kids, if you think there is "public ridicule" now, just try and imagine what it was like in the early 80s.

As a bisexual woman, why am I in more danger of sexually transmitted diseases? And what is a "bisexual" relationship? Am I in a bisexual relationship when I'm with a man, or when I'm with a woman?

The reason you are in more danger is because if you look at the numbers, as well as faith-based resources, you'll find that the number of homosexuals, bisexuals, and pansexuals (most of whom are not Christians) who have STD's are more than 20 times greater than the limited number of heterosexuals who do (again, based on the fact that the majority of Christians are heterosexual). The faith-based reason for this? STD's are the consequences of sexual sin. God tells us in His word many times over /not/ to engage in a sexual relationship other than "One man, one woman" inside a legal marriage. I can go further on the subject, if anyone's willing to message me about it.
Shikamaru Chidori
fioce
Shikamaru Chidori

As far as I've been able to tell in the last ... oh, twenty five years since I hit puberty, my sexual orientation is not a "lifestyle" nor is it a choice.

Quote:

I like Ishtar SO much better. And she's older than YHWH, too.

Quote:

I don't long to belong to any "class of people". Bisexuality is a sexual attraction to both genders. Actually ... I sort of lie. When I was in my early teens, the one thing I longed to be was just like my friends - I wanted to have sexual thoughts *just* about boys, like every other teen girl I knew. Sexual thoughts for girls was terrifying and *not* welcome at all. Because, kids, if you think there is "public ridicule" now, just try and imagine what it was like in the early 80s.

As a bisexual woman, why am I in more danger of sexually transmitted diseases? And what is a "bisexual" relationship? Am I in a bisexual relationship when I'm with a man, or when I'm with a woman?

The reason you are in more danger is because if you look at the numbers, as well as faith-based resources, you'll find that the number of homosexuals, bisexuals, and pansexuals (most of whom are not Christians) who have STD's are more than 20 times greater than the limited number of heterosexuals who do (again, based on the fact that the majority of Christians are heterosexual). The faith-based reason for this? STD's are the consequences of sexual sin. God tells us in His word many times over /not/ to engage in a sexual relationship other than "One man, one woman" inside a legal marriage. I can go further on the subject, if anyone's willing to message me about it.

Provide sources for your statistics please.

I'm attracted to people.
        I don't see "genders."
        I do see certain physical traits I like; Whether it's a nice curvy body.... Or firm big muscles.
        Whoever sparks my interest, is who I'll go for.

Bisexuals, are bisexuals.
        It's the ones who pretend to be Bi for attention, or to follow a certain "trend" (like emo, for example) that are ruining the true bi's image.
        neutral
Although my religion condemns anything other than heterosexuality, I personally believe that sexual preference is not always a choice, as some people say. "You choose to be gay/bi." Not necessarily true. That is like saying my brother chooses to have Cerebral Palsy, which he didn't. If he had the choice, he'd rather be able to walk than be confined to a wheelchair.

As far as bisexuality goes, I've had quite a few bisexual boyfriends. And that's fine. However, I don't believe bisexuals should receive special treatment just because they do not choose to go same or opposite. A person who is bisexual likes both males and females and therefore should date one person, regardless of gender. There is no excuse for dating one of each. That would be the equivalent of myself, a heterosexual female, dating two males. That's not fair.
Rikki Rottenheart
Although my religion condemns anything other than heterosexuality, I personally believe that sexual preference is not always a choice, as some people say. "You choose to be gay/bi." Not necessarily true. That is like saying my brother chooses to have Cerebral Palsy, which he didn't. If he had the choice, he'd rather be able to walk than be confined to a wheelchair.

As far as bisexuality goes, I've had quite a few bisexual boyfriends. And that's fine. However, I don't believe bisexuals should receive special treatment just because they do not choose to go same or opposite. A person who is bisexual likes both males and females and therefore should date one person, regardless of gender. There is no excuse for dating one of each. That would be the equivalent of myself, a heterosexual female, dating two males. That's not fair.

If the two males were okay with it, what would be the problem?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff