Welcome to Gaia! ::

Benevolent Lunatic

I was diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome 10 years ago.

I've never liked my head, neck, face or any of the things I own being touched.

And I still have a lot of trouble communicating with people.

Gaia was the closest I had to social interaction for years.
I am very much interested in learning and helping people who suffer from it, I would love to befriend anyone who wants a friend to talk to! I am currently trying to date someone who has it but..
My thread on life issues

It is rather complicated >.<

Greedy Kitten

angel of the hourglass
i have aspergers... but im honestly to emotionally exhausted right now to say my life story... maybe another day when i have the energy
Same here. Just came here since I have asperger's syndrome, so my interests were piqued.
Im Autistic. I got diagnosed with Non Verbal Learning disorder when i was five, and my mother thought I was fully retarded instead of just Autistic. So she kept on bringing me to doctor after doctor after doctor until they told her that yes, I was a retard. It was more of the fact that she thought it was worse than it was, and that she always believed the worse.

At the age of eighteen though, I was rediagnosed with PDD-NOs, mainly because of the fact that I seem like Im not even autistic at all, and that I somehow got better. Even though my mother was crazy and insane, she still believed that even though I got 'better' I still was retarded.

I am perfectly fine socially, and everyone who interacts with me without the influence of my own mother can see Im a creative, intelligent young woman who understood TLOTR books when she was in third grade and read them.

Sparkly Lunatic

ColinTheNice
I am 29 now and was diagnosed with Autism at the age of 14. Computers and cars are my specialty. The abuse I have encountered in 2008 was out of this world by another person with Autism that I had known as a so-called "friend" of 10 years. I only know one person with AS/Autism on here and now I can be friends with alot more. I have been on this site for many years and this is a whole new community I have never heard of.

I am curious, what exactly do you mean by 'computers and cars are my specialty'?
Do you build computers and cars? Or sell them?

Onion Princess's Other Half

Witty Fatcat

My brother, mum, and I are all Aspies.
I was never diagnosed with Autism, let alone Asperger's. I've had a lot of people ask me if I was, and through my own research, it seemed realistic. I don't claim that I do have it, but I definitely identify with those that do. My younger years were ridiculous regarding my actions, how I perceived people, and how i thought they perceived me. It led to a lot of instances of depression, and later, attempts on my life. I feel for the most part I'm pretty integrated with society now, though I feel like I would never had understood those around me if I hadn't tried smoking MJ. Not supporting that as an option if it's illegal where you are, it's just relevant.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff