Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Waffles

Ever since I was in kindergarten, I can remember having little crushes on men who are old enough to be my father, and it's stayed with me til today. I am currently 18, and I have a major crush on someone who's around 47. I search for novels that feature student teacher relationships. I love the Thorn Birds. I'm really attracted to that sort of paternal-like relationship between an older guy and a younger girl.
I don't really think it's "daddy problems" or anything. My relationship with my dad is okay.
Can someone tell me why I'm not interested in guys my own age?
Are any of you guys facing the same thing? Please share.
fuya momo
Ever since I was in kindergarten, I can remember having little crushes on men who are old enough to be my father, and it's stayed with me til today. I am currently 18, and I have a major crush on someone who's around 47. I search for novels that feature student teacher relationships. I love the Thorn Birds. I'm really attracted to that sort of paternal-like relationship between an older guy and a younger girl.
I don't really think it's "daddy problems" or anything. My relationship with my dad is okay.
I don't think anyone here can tell you why you feel a certain way. At least not without lengthy conversation.

If you don't like the way you feel, then talking to a psychologist would be worthwhile. You should come out feeling either like you can get away from those feelings, or be more comfortable with them.

There's nothing inherently wrong with being attracted to anyone ever. Acting on attractions can be wrong, but in your particular case it wouldn't be illegal, though it might be slightly taboo. Personally I feel like love is love and if all parties involved are consenting adults, then it doesn't matter what other people think. That said, other people don't have to respond warmly toward it either.

Really though, you shouldn't feel too weird, and if you do talk to someone, you shouldn't have to feel weird and there's help out there smile

Blessed Explorer

6,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
fuya momo

It isn't a really uncommon fetish really, I wouldn't get too hung up about it. However if you go to a dating site looking for someone significantly older than you, it is best to be careful and screen your messages. While there are a lot of people who are looking for a normal relationship that happens to be between folks who happen to be much younger than them, there are also a whole lot of creepers who want a daddy relationship. Nothing wrong with age play as long as both people are into that, but it doesn't sound like you do. And if you do want that kind of thing more power to you, it doesn't mean you have 'daddy issues', just a fetish.

Shameless Man-Lover

You're eighteen. So, you're perfectly legal to have sex with whoever you want above eighteen. So, at least that's good on that end.

But really, it's fine. You will be judged for it. Most people will think you just want the guy's money. But, if you find someone who is genuine and that you care for and can be safe with. then go for it. Nothing is stopping you now. Just, be careful, even more so if you decide to do online dating (where you can met plenty of older man who won't look at your age too much, believe me). Make sure you get to know the guy before meeting up if you do. Meet in a public place, and tell your friend/family member/roommate you're going on a date and to check up on you in a few hours or whatever.

Sparkling Victory

6,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hero 100
It's your personal preference so if you want to know why you're not interested in guys your age, you should compare the idea of an older man with a younger one and think about what makes the older ones different in your eyes.
You're most likely uninterested in guys your own age because they're not men, most men at that age are mature in every sense of the word (emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually) and know how to take care of and treat a woman.

Alien Spirit

It's taboo usually, but it's your life and your preference. Go for it. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas