16,375 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • The Wolf Within 100
Tennis maybe?

Time-traveling Senshi

TwilightEye13
Tennis maybe?

Not at the service speed Samuel Groth can produce. His serves can get up to 163 miles. So I'd have to agree with the OP that curling just might be it. The only thing you have to watch out for is falling on the ice and possibly dropping the stone on your feet but since they don't set the stones on the ice for the competitions they're less likely to break a toe or foot that way. So a bruised tailbone could be the worst they get if they slip and fall.

The most dangerous sport winter or summer could very well be Equestrian eventing because of the toll it takes not on the ride but on the horse. For humans it has to be downhill skiing because they can reach up to 80 miles on the hill and a crash could be deadly. We've already seen what the free and alpine ski events have done to the body what with people being taken off the hill on sleds and the guy from Russia with the broken back. The sledding events and biking in the summer games would be in a close second for risk and danger.

LOL yes probably curling.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Your right it has to be curling.

Melodious Member

18,065 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
I agree. The worst injuries from curling are probably bruising your bottom from slipping on the ice (I've done that redface ) or pulling a muscle from all that sweeping.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
I don’t think there is one, there’s a danger in any sport you participate in.

Newbie Sweetheart

Sleeping.

Of course that's a sport!

Melodious Celebrator

I'm a bit biased, it's totally swimming! Heh, well, I suppose for Winter Olympics, curling most definitely fits the bill, but you know, a lot of curlers have problems with their knees after years of playing the sport (and many get knee surgery). If you take care of your body well, and don't have any stupid-and-most-often-easily-preventable accidents (crashes) with others in warm-up, then it's really hard to injure yourself in swimming. You've gotta have the right technique, though, 'cause some techniques out there can 'cause long-term strain on your body that shouldn't be there if you're doing it right. Drowning is not a concern Olympic swimmers have - they can easily float spending little to no energy to do so, being in complete control of the water around them (and it's a pool! Clear bottom, walls, etc). It's rare, but it has happened where someone has slipped on deck and injured themselves.

Swimming is probably one of the fairest sports (if not the fairest sport) in the Olympics - everyone has a separate lane (no one can affect your race by crashing into you), there's electronic touchpads on the walls to clock the time (and in the blocks for dive starts... which is really useful for relay transitions), there's a no-false-start rule (because, like in the skating events, they used to have the one-false-start-is-ok-but-then-everyone-is-on-the-hook-for-the-second-false-start rule, until people started setting off the first false start to put everyone on edge, so now it's just, no false starts at all, if you false start, you're disqualified), and the only real judging is for whether the stroke is done right (which is hard to get wrong when you've trained it so much; for example, you can get disqualified if you bring your arms out of the water separately during a butterfly race, or don't touch the wall with both hands at the same time during a breaststroke or butterfly race, or take multiple freestyle strokes into your backstroke turn, etc. But it's really hard to get disqualified for stroke violations in freestyle, 'cause as its name implies, you can kind of do anything with it).

Curling has a tad more human/other error involved than swimming, 'cause sometimes a rock will pick on debris on the ice and head a different direction, or the timekeeper will forget to start/stop a team's clock on time. But in swimming, there's nothing to interfere with a swimmer's race but themselves, and the judging is minimal (it's obvious if the swimmer misses the wall on a turn or makes a stroke violation... but those things are pretty much non-existent at the elite level... and as I mentioned before, the starting blocks at recent Olympics have sensors in them which help notify of disqualifications in relays for a swimmer diving before their teammate touches the wall). The lanes are equal and the water doesn't change from race to race (not like snow or wind) (well, if the pool hasn't been built in recent years, the outside lanes closest to the wall might get some wave-feedback, but the latest Olympics have built brand new pools that have edges that eliminate those waves... and newer laneropes also cut down on waves).

Shy Bookworm

I know someone who has cracked open their skull when they slipped on the ice trying to sweep...So it ain't curling!
I wouldn't say curling is safe at all..it's tested on animals!

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Definitely curling.
I think the skeleton is the least dangerous

Tipsy Prophet

Badminton.

Though the 1908 Olympic Poodle Clipping would have made the list, if it hadn't been an April Fools joke.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff