Welcome to Gaia! ::

the u.s. shouldn't have even been in the finals. Canada outplayed them but the ref made such bad calls that it cost them the game, lol

Fashionable Firestarter

II Poffee II
shuddup sad

Japan should of won. They played nice and had real sportsmanship
USA played dirty, did you see how many times they grabbed them!?

Well first of all... We were just horny, that's all.

I'd also like to note that grabbing and grasping is simply a part of sports. If you've ever actually played, you'll know what I mean. When you get a bunch of people all trying to get one ball and score a point, s**t is goin' down.

CloudPhantom Z
the u.s. shouldn't have even been in the finals. Canada outplayed them but the ref made such bad calls that it cost them the game, lol

Don't blame the referee because your team didn't win. I can assure you that if Canada was as great as you claim, they could overcome the adversity of a shitty ref.

Distinct Fatcat

Alan Pistachio

lol

Dangerous Prophet

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
II Poffee II
scacchic
II Poffee II
shuddup sad

Don't be a sore loser.

Tell that to the US.
They've been a sore loser ever since '08
You're being a sore lose, shut up. It's not what it's about.

Swashbuckling Humorist

14,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Alan Pistachio
II Poffee II
shuddup sad

Given the extraordinary amount of ******** that occurs in the Olympic Village I doubt that. emotion_eyebrow

Profitable Sex Symbol

5,950 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
USA USA!!!!

Dapper Fatcat

II Poffee II
shuddup sad

You're weeaboo is showing.
GO USA!!!! HELL YEAH!!!!

Interesting Gaian

Saberie
II Poffee II
You're weeaboo is showing.

Quote:
You're being a sore lose, shut up. It's not what it's about.

Quote:
It is over!!! The women's soccer game is all over!!!! Redemption!!!!! USA USA

Quote:
The US are not sore losers. They highly respect the Japanese team, and as the commentators pointed out they US attitude was one of "Redemption" not one of "Revenge." It was a positive attitude at proving themselves again after being beaten.

Also in the pre-game press conference both teams were highly complimentary toward each other and the US commentators were the same, constantly praising Ohno and talking about how strong Japan was at cornering the US team and pinning them down in a small area. They also regularly talked about how the US can't lose focus and let up because Japan was very strong and would be right there to take over and score some goals.

If you want to talk about disrespecting the Japanese women's team then you need to look at Japan themselves. The men's soccer team flew over for the games in First Class while the women's team was stuck in economy. Note that the women's team took Silver while the men's team will at best take Bronze.

Quote:
I'm not sure what game you were watching then. Both sides got physical, and the US went down several times too. There was only one yellow card given to Abby Womback with only a few minutes of the game remaining. She mistimed a tackle and accidentally sent the Japanese player to the ground.

Hell, on at least one occasion I saw an American bend down to ask the Japanese player she hit if she was okay. The Japanese player nodded so she must have understood.

In fact, my husband who has been a diehard soccer/ football fan for sixteen years says this is the cleanest (as in no fouls or dives) game he has ever seen.

Quote:
Sadly, can't say much for people being so anti-American. It's really bumming me out, but I think of the USAWNT and feel a bit happy, they came so far. I hope they improve on their defense however. Though I can tell their power improved greatly since the FIFA tournament.

It is also great to know that the USA team and JPN team have such a high respect for one another. Unlike the poster above, the women understand they are facing off against one another because they are the best. They went through team after team to meet one another again. Felt like a cheesy anime "You can't lose! Because I want to be the one to beat you!!"

Quote:
It was the perfect finale: a team heartbroken by loss makes one of the best comebacks in all of sports

The reason why the US won is simple
Our team just wanted it more
That's why they overcame Canada, that's why after a year they reached the gold medal final
They were seeking redemption, and when you have a soccer team that hungry to win, nothing can stop them

What's even more spectacular is who we were so desperate to beat: Japan!
Japan is a team of incredible talent, spirit, and humble players
Everything about those women is 5-star
And the Americans recognized that. In fact, they respected it
Japan and the US are some of the few teams that have genuine respect and love for one another
If this were a final between Canada and Japan, for example, you can't really say the same for them
Why? Because they haven't faced a World Cup against other like the US and Japan had in last years final

That final brought a stunning victory to a broken nation, and a heartbreaking loss to a world champion.

This US game versus Japan was necessary
This US win against Japan was earned

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Thank you, smart people.
It was a really intense game. Japan played well, but the USA just played better. Don't know why people are getting so upset, grabbing happens in games, people just get caught up in the moment. I never saw anything that really looked like the USA was playing too rough.

Congrats to USA women's soccer team! Woohoo!

Sparkly Bloodsucker

2,500 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
SHUT UP. Usa won because they play rough. Japan Played normaly. ( i spelled that wrong)

Conservative Sex Symbol

We asians should've won xD ninja

Interesting Gaian

ImmortalDeathDemon
We asians should've won xD ninja

Quote:
SHUT UP. Usa won because they play rough. Japan Played normaly. ( i spelled that wrong)

Whatever helps you guys sleep at night. >_>
For calling the USA a bunch of sore losers, there are some real sore losers in here...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff