Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cluttered Bear

68,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Invisibility 100
I think NBC cut out the end with The Who.

Liberal Fatcat

I really enjoyed it to say the least. (********) London is going out with a bang, and Im sure that no one in the city is going to be sleeping anytime soon after that party. The presentation from Rio was really nifty and fun, so its going to be interesting when we see their Opening ceremony.
Klatt

No, they're showing that after their crappy comedy

9,875 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
My favorite part of the closing ceremony was the reunion of the Spice Girls.....I thought they were great.....loved the last song too.....and the fire works.....am sad it has come to a close....congratulations to all the Athletes who made us proud......can't wait for the Winter Olympics.....only 18 months away.... whee

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
hpanna
Klatt

No, they're showing that after their crappy comedy

or after local news.

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
wss_ing
My favorite part of the closing ceremony was the reunion of the Spice Girls.....I thought they were great.....loved the last song too.....and the fire works.....am sad it has come to a close....congratulations to all the Athletes who made us proud......can't wait for the Winter Olympics.....only 18 months away.... whee

the return of curling!!!!!!!!! <3333333333333333

Friendly Friend

8,750 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
scullylam
WillyJo
scullylam
WillyJo
It's too much like a SuperBowl Half-Time Show... emotion_facepalm

yep. sadly it was showing how the day in the life of a londoner is, then wooohooo party for the athletes!!!!!!!!!!! then again, it was always a party.

True. x]
Though Annie Lennox has been the only really highlight for me...so far. neutral

yeah she was really great.

aaannnnnnddddd... nbc edits the ceremony to death, now showing a lame comedy show. *goes watch some shark week on discovery*

Tell me how it goes! xD
Though I'm digging this Brazil segment. It's pretty neat. x3
I will one day actually go to the ceremonies for the Olympics so I don't get the edited version...>.>

my life's goal right there. xD

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
WillyJo
scullylam
WillyJo
scullylam
WillyJo
It's too much like a SuperBowl Half-Time Show... emotion_facepalm

yep. sadly it was showing how the day in the life of a londoner is, then wooohooo party for the athletes!!!!!!!!!!! then again, it was always a party.

True. x]
Though Annie Lennox has been the only really highlight for me...so far. neutral

yeah she was really great.

aaannnnnnddddd... nbc edits the ceremony to death, now showing a lame comedy show. *goes watch some shark week on discovery*

Tell me how it goes! xD
Though I'm digging this Brazil segment. It's pretty neat. x3
I will one day actually go to the ceremonies for the Olympics so I don't get the edited version...>.>

my life's goal right there. xD

that is one awesome life goal. i think i'll copy you and add it as a goal too in life. biggrin actually, yeah it should be anyone's dream to do. be a part of the olympics. whether it be going to the ceremonies, an event, volunteer, carry the torch... being a part of the experience is something that is worth a life goal.

Friendly Friend

8,750 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
scullylam

that is one awesome life goal. i think i'll copy you and add it as a goal too in life. biggrin actually, yeah it should be anyone's dream to do. be a part of the olympics. whether it be going to the ceremonies, an event, volunteer, carry the torch... being a part of the experience is something that is worth a life goal.

I was really lucky to have my city host the Olympics, though it was ten years ago and I was only seven. (2002 Salt Lake City Winter Olympics) I did go watch the torch light up after the ceremony from outside the Stadium...and hold one of the torches for lighting the flame...but that's it xD
Though I want to experience it again, but hopefully INSIDE the stadium this time. xD

Codebreaking Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
gum disease
I KNEW ONE DIRECTION WERE GOING TO BE PLAYING. Ughhhh.
It's such an addictive song though and I love Zayn. ; A;

Anyway, it was wubbish. I liked the dancing and stuff but the blokes singing were really wubbish.
They sounded knackered and BBC's sound was really bad, we thought our TV was acting dodgy.

Opening ceremony > closing ceremony IMO.

Agreed! Watched it streaming through NBC's site when it was live and.... yeah, there were some moments here and there but it didn't hold a candle to the Opening. Shame really. sad

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
WillyJo
scullylam

I was really lucky to have my city host the Olympics, though it was ten years ago and I was only seven. (2002 Salt Lake City Winter Olympics) I did go watch the torch light up after the ceremony from outside the Stadium...and hold one of the torches for lighting the flame...but that's it xD
Though I want to experience it again, but hopefully INSIDE the stadium this time. xD

OMG YOU'RE SO LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry i spazzed there. >> i was down in provo at that time. saw the torch go by campus. i went to a run through of a medal ceremony downtown slc and went to a hockey game too. xd but still, even though i was near some of the action, i wasn't a part OF the action. i guess, lacked having olympic spirit. xd i did have a roommate that missed months of school because she was working that whole for the games, doing tour group or something. and my older sister ended up being chosen as a torch bearer, and the one who nominated her ended up getting to carry the torch too. still, you had the flame in your hands, well close to. emotion_kirakira

Friendly Friend

8,750 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
scullylam

OMG YOU'RE SO LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry i spazzed there. >> i was down in provo at that time. saw the torch go by campus. i went to a run through of a medal ceremony downtown slc and went to a hockey game too. xd but still, even though i was near some of the action, i wasn't a part OF the action. i guess, lacked having olympic spirit. xd i did have a roommate that missed months of school because she was working that whole for the games, doing tour group or something. and my older sister ended up being chosen as a torch bearer, and the one who nominated her ended up getting to carry the torch too. still, you had the flame in your hands, well close to. emotion_kirakira

Woah that's crazy! We were practically in the same city! xD You're more lucky than I am! I never even went to any of the games! -.- Unlike my sister who got to go to the Snowboarding finals. Looking back on it now, I really wished I was more involved in the spirit. Though I remember the new Gateway mall being built. But Hopefully in the future I can experience it all over again! It was truly magical in Salt Lake City! Especially sitting on my friend's roof, on a school night, in the middle of winter, to watch the Closing Ceremony fireworks. biggrin

...memories.

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
WillyJo
scullylam

Woah that's crazy! We were practically in the same city! xD You're more lucky than I am! I never even went to any of the games! -.- Unlike my sister who got to go to the Snowboarding finals. Looking back on it now, I really wished I was more involved in the spirit. Though I remember the new Gateway mall being built. But Hopefully in the future I can experience it all over again! It was truly magical in Salt Lake City! Especially sitting on my friend's roof, on a school night, in the middle of winter, to watch the Closing Ceremony fireworks. biggrin

...memories.

i remember going to the gateway mall and roots had their store there. seems athletes roamed around there even and i never knew. xd course even better but wished was longer was having that lone week off from school. for shame byu would close because of snowfall, but they did for the olympics. *haahaa* still, that is awesome you saw the fireworks in person. had to be amazing.

Dapper Prophet

Is anyone else pissed that nbc cut off muse
Im so disappointed

mad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items