Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Loiterer

Vestal
Caerthakatha
Vestal
Caerthakatha

One thing I think I've established from this is that Emile Sandé is cheaper to hire than Adele.

Oh god, I nearly spat out my drink laughing.

On the other hand her 'Abide' was beautiful.

It was, but there's no need for her to be used for every song. The song she sang this ceremony
      didn't suit her at all.

I was enjoying the Olympics until now, and now my mood is ruined again. I thought I could be
      genuinely proud of my country, and then they gather shitty pop acts on top of moving vehicles
      and don't even bother to drive them into the Thames.

:strokes head:

Switch it off?

I can't; my little sister who wants to ******** One Direction is forcing me to watch and screaming at
      me for not liking them. This is literally torture for me.

Caerthakatha
Vestal
Caerthakatha
Vestal
Caerthakatha

One thing I think I've established from this is that Emile Sandé is cheaper to hire than Adele.

It was, but there's no need for her to be used for every song. The song she sang this ceremony
      didn't suit her at all.

I was enjoying the Olympics until now, and now my mood is ruined again. I thought I could be
      genuinely proud of my country, and then they gather shitty pop acts on top of moving vehicles

Switch it off?

I can't; my little sister who wants to ******** One Direction is forcing me to watch and screaming at

Cough. Well that's disturbing.

And oh god can George please, please stop gyrating/singing songs where he pretends to be straight.

Magnetic Friend

Personally, I think the games were inspiring but not because of the ceromonies or something that was put together more so the stories and struggles of the althletes. I also really enjoyed the sense of global community and how for 17 days all these nations were brought together to celebrate and embrace their different strengths and talents. I think it's been a mainly positive experience and I'm glad Britain got to be a big part of that.

I'll definately look out for more of the sports I've watched, I hope there is more funding put into sports that aren't as well known/shown in the UK.

Vestal
serpent bluesky
It's kind of cringeworthy so far...I do like watching the althletes though.
I am going to miss watching the different events, probably one of the only times that such a vatiety of sporting events will be shown on British television.

Same, I love watching the athletes grin and muck around, but this is quite acutely cringe.
Guess we'll have to go and look for them now - but I think our lot might just have pulled off this inspiring a generation gig, and I'm a natural cynic.

Dangerous Loiterer

Vestal
Caerthakatha
Vestal
Caerthakatha
Vestal
Caerthakatha

didn't suit her at all.

Switch it off?

Cough. Well that's disturbing.

And oh god can George please, please stop gyrating/singing songs where he pretends to be straight.

It is. She's fourteen, though, so what else can you expect?

But she's also six feet tall and has a body identical to that of my former rugby-playing dad. I
      literally cannot leave my seat, and she's threatening to shut me up.

Magnetic Friend

I wish the focal point wasn't music...it's just like a glorified concert now :/

Dangerous Loiterer

serpent bluesky

It's a glorified circlejerk designed to make everybody miserable.

The more I watch the live acts, the more convinced I am that One Direction were syncing.

serpent bluesky

Definitely. And I agree with your earlier post. What is extraordinary about the Olympics is the athletes, what they achieve and how far they go to achieve it.

I know fashion is a British institution and I'm not knocking the women themselves but it's depressing to have to look at that vogue style frailty after the astonishing physiques the olympians strive for an attain.

Dangerous Loiterer

Vestal
serpent bluesky

Definitely. And I agree with your earlier post. What is extraordinary about the Olympics is the athletes, what they achieve and how far they go to achieve it.

I know fashion is a British institution and I'm not knocking the women themselves but it's depressing to have to look at that vogue style frailty after the astonishing physiques the olympians strive for an attain.

I also find it interesting that they showed them next to Photoshopped pictures and then didn't show
      a close-up of even one of them...

Dangerous Loiterer

Why the ******** is Russell Brand there?! I thought we'd finally got rid of him by sending him to America.

The man is like a boomerang. A sex boomerang.

Caerthakatha
serpent bluesky

The more I watch the live acts, the more convinced I am that One Direction were syncing.

It's a real pity, especially compared to the talent and sincerity of the choirs in the opening ceremony. George was definitely synching and then forgot that he was supposed to be singing. I nearly died.

Magnetic Friend

Caerthakatha
serpent bluesky

Yes, it seems very unconnected like random bits here and there with nothing to tie everything together. I also believe that one direction were lip syncing I'd expect nothing less from them.

Melodious Gekko

12,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Champion 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
And then a clubbing octopus.

Dangerous Loiterer

Vestal
Caerthakatha
serpent bluesky

It's a real pity, especially compared to the talent and sincerity of the choirs in the opening ceremony. George was definitely synching and then forgot that he was supposed to be singing. I nearly died.

I wasn't really listening to George Michael, but my dad was remarking how well he was singing, so
      it's possible.

I want to emigrate. I'm sick of Beatles songs.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff