Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Flip-Flopper

Its not about the countries XD, its about the athletes and the sport
tomoyo_claire
woot!! althout its pretty awesome that GB came third on the medal table. kudos to them, great opening and closing.
I thought Russia came in third?

Aged Gaian

Mr Snookie
tomoyo_claire
woot!! althout its pretty awesome that GB came third on the medal table. kudos to them, great opening and closing.
They placed third for gold medals, but for over all medals, Russia is third.
Jaw Massaging
Mr Snookie
tomoyo_claire
They placed third for gold medals, but for over all medals, Russia is third.
Ah, I was wondering
I am glad that USA has been trying their best in the Olympics, but just because they have more gold medals than everyone else, doesn't mean they are better than other countries. Everyone has tried their best and that's all that matters.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
I think all the teams were wonderful this year, even if they didn’t win lots of medals. They all did their best and showed how great their nation’s athletes are while inspiring a new generation which is better than any medal.

4,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
i agree that team usa is the best team ever in the polympics!! heart

Sunilu's Prince

Bachelorette

Yeah it is about everyone as a nation coming together and displaying their talents and I must admit a lot of countries have done really good this year. However, USA is the best so stop hating. talk2hand
*inserts speech for butthurt people about how every one is a winner at the Olympics..blah de blah.*

Aged Gaian

Abducted and Probed
Yeah it is about everyone as a nation coming together and displaying their talents and I must admit a lot of countries have done really good this year. However, USA is the best so stop hating. talk2hand
*inserts speech for butthurt people about how every one is a winner at the Olympics..blah de blah.*
Lmao, it's so true though.
In Beijing we did good, but we only had 36 gold medals total.
And this year we won medals and broke records in sports that we didn't necessarily do so good in.
So we definitely upped our game and our athletes got better.
So I'm excited to see what we'll be doing in Rio and possibly Tokyo emotion_awesome

Interesting Seeker

Jaw Massaging
104 medals:
46 gold
29 silver
29 bronze

Our athletes went out there to win and made us so proud breaking records.
They really are the best and they showed that hard work and dedication works. And it works best when you love it and you're having fun doing it.
(I'm making a comparison to China's methods...)

Good job to all of the athletes that participated in the Olympics, but great job USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liberal Streaker

3,950 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Caerthakatha
Jaw Massaging
Caerthakatha

I don't think it's entirely fair, though: considering there are countries with three athletes, I don't
      think it's fair to say how great countries like China, America and Great Britain are as sporting
      nations when they're sending in hundreds of athletes and have three athletes in every race.

Life's not fair neutral

But neither is outnumbering people and claiming it's down to pure skill. The athletes who won
      did so well, but there were many, many, many American athletes who probably absolutely failed
      to countries smaller than them and were not given media attention for such reasons. If the size
      of teams was limited to one team / one athlete per event, the big countries wouldn't do nearly
      as well.

I honestly didn't realise Americans were so unsportsmanlike.

So what you're saying is that the big countries are actually terrible at sports only win due to sheer numbers. Haha okay.

Feral Hellhound

20,600 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
Cinnamon.Flavoured.Condom

That in and of itself is a flawed way of tallying medals.
In order to have USA be first, we'd have to have 300,000 people participating in the olympics.
You cannot have 300,000 people from one country participating in the olympics.
Take your skewed statistics elsewhere and let USA revel in the well-deserved spotlight.

Hilarious Member

Jaw Massaging
104 medals:
46 gold
29 silver
29 bronze
jnegjnjna;a;a;a;ag
Our athletes went out there to win and made us so proud breaking records.
They really are the best and they showed that hard work and dedication works. And it works best when you love it and you're having fun doing it.
(I'm making a comparison to China's methods...)

Hilarious Member

Hilarious Member

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas