Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Lord Mephisto
Rennie`
I wasn't impressed with the Closing Ceremony, probably because I was expecting something as great as the Opening Ceremony. I thought it was an epic fail on Jessie J, Tinnie Tempah and Taio Cruz's efforts on miming. I also noticed the sound was brilliant, but we bought a new surround system a few hours before and wasn't sure if it was our surround sound or the sound at the ceremony (although I do remember a support staff running around Madness).

I also found it a bit long winded, no structure, no flow and the ending dragged out a bit. Although when the cauldron slowly came down and extinguished I did choke a bit crying sad to see an amazing 2 weeks of sports finish so quickly.

As I'm writing this I'm watching Team GB's gold medalist, Mo Farah, playing on The Cube on ITV2 blaugh

Yeah, I looked at who was in charge of the closing ceremony and realised it couldn't be in the same league as the opening... before it even started.

So I approached it thinking it would be complete s**t, so came out finding it okayish.

I don't think Jesse J was miming. No idea about the rappers but they sounded s**t during the disco so I shouldn't expect they were?

x

I hadn't ever watched a Closing Ceremony before so I wasn't sure what to expect, but I didn't overly keen on it. Maybe because I had high expectations from the Opening Ceremony.

I didn't like their song choice at all, but na my fiancé and I could see that her singing was out of time with the pre-recorded singing. Not to mention when all three stopped singing and you can still hear the pre-recorded stuff, eek!

On a positive note I didn't know One Day Like This was sung by Elbow and my fiancé and I just decided to make it the song for our first dance whee

O.G. Trader

Rennie`
I hadn't ever watched a Closing Ceremony before so I wasn't sure what to expect, but I didn't overly keen on it. Maybe because I had high expectations from the Opening Ceremony.

I didn't like their song choice at all, but na my fiancé and I could see that her singing was out of time with the pre-recorded singing. Not to mention when all three stopped singing and you can still hear the pre-recorded stuff, eek!

On a positive note I didn't know One Day Like This was sung by Elbow and my fiancé and I just decided to make it the song for our first dance whee

I have, the last couple at least, but we weren't going to match China were we? Not in raw uniformity of 10.000 million slaves moving in time less their wives be hung drawn and quartered...

You think she was miming her own song? The disco part? or the Queen part?

Because I am usually really aware of that s**t, didn't notice it and will watch again on i player!

<3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces