Pacifique Suicidaires
couldn't agree more. Bl

I sat there flipping off the screen.

Dapper Darling

10,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
There is a difference between trying to replace, and giving a tribute. I was so happy to see Jessie J up there paying homage to Freddie. I would give my soul to be up there with Queen paying homage to the greatest singer/songwriter/musician of all time. No one could ever replace him, but we can all remember him
by trying our best to sing his iconic songs. Nobody can amount to his talent, but there is nothing wrong with someone paying tribute to this wonderful work of art of
a man.
Smexi Chex Mix
There is a difference between trying to replace, and giving a tribute. I was so happy to see Jessie J up there paying homage to Freddie. I would give my soul to be up there with Queen paying homage to the greatest singer/songwriter/musician of all time. No one could ever replace him, but we can all remember him
by trying our best to sing his iconic songs. Nobody can amount to his talent, but there is nothing wrong with someone paying tribute to this wonderful work of art of
a man.
Except when that "someone" can't write a song that deviates from G-D-Em-C to save her life. Seriously.

I have no problem with trying to appeal to young and old viewer demographics, but it didn't feel she really earned the moment. It felt cheapening, and monetary, and obvious to place such a "current" young pop singer beside four giant Mercury-laden monolithic monitors. If anything, the contrast reminded me just how far music has fallen.

But I digress.

Beloved Vampire

9,350 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Regular 100
I wish it could have been Matt Bellamy up there but I would like to know why they picked Jessie J; granted I quite like her voice but it didn't sound right with Queen should have got Patti Russo yeah she's American but she's one of the best female singers around

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
When she squealed... gonk

Rainbow Unicorn

this, wtf were you doing there at all?

all respect to brian may.

Distinct Fatcat

You know what was retarded? She sings 'doesn't matter about the money-money-money'
and she's singing on top of a ******** Rolls Royce

da fuq.

Dangerous Loiterer

S l y t h e r W i n
You know what was retarded? She sings 'doesn't matter about the money-money-money'

da fuq.

In front of the IOC and the Tories.

Distinct Fatcat

Caerthakatha
S l y t h e r W i n

da fuq.

In front of the IOC and the Tories.

Exactly. Jessie J must go away D<
i bet Freddie was turning in his grave! awful redface

Dapper Darling

10,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
M6
Smexi Chex Mix
a man.
Except when that "someone" can't write a song that deviates from G-D-Em-C to save her life. Seriously.

I have no problem with trying to appeal to young and old viewer demographics, but it didn't feel she really earned the moment. It felt cheapening, and monetary, and obvious to place such a "current" young pop singer beside four giant Mercury-laden monolithic monitors. If anything, the contrast reminded me just how far music has fallen.

But I digress.

I was actually hoping Muse would peform with Queen, but I like Jessie J because I was happy. Sure she may not be the best songwriter, but she worked hard to get where she's at, and I repsect that.
Everyone is acting like it was all about her, when it wasn't. People perform with Queen all the time, and sure they're not Freddie. Nobody can replace him, but she probably saw him as an idol, as do I, and was honoured to be considered to sing with Queen, let alone be chosen.
Now if it were Russell Brand up there, that would be awesome for me. I love that guy.

Sunilu's Prince

Bachelorette

S l y t h e r W i n

da fuq.

This!
Omg, both me and my mom were talking about this while it was going on.
How can you sing a song like that in those cars? ******** hilarious. lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces