Welcome to Gaia! ::

Robbing kim yuna from the gold. Good job.
Bravo, cheating throughout your victories, grats.

Manly Receiver

Yuna was robbed!

Wow.
Both Russians were overscored imo.

The gold medal winner had one slight mistake and the silver medalist was nearly flawless w/ a lead going in.
Homo Erect
Yuna was robbed!

Wow.
Both Russians were overscored imo.

The gold medal winner had one slight mistake and the silver medalist was nearly flawless w/ a lead going in.
russia overscored for no reason! She landed kn two feet! Yuna didnt yuna made a smaller mistake than her. Wtf. Russia will forever go down in history for cheating.
Side note I have nothing against adelina its the judges for russia, the russian judges who scored too high for no reason (whom im mad at ). Youre making a bad name for adelina you know.
i agree!!! and julia is all hype, she has no emotion when she skates :/ as for adelina i'm pretty sure she only won because it was the home country ...

Tipsy Prophet

Hey, people are just being decent and saving at least one Russian athlete from the teachings of Siberia. emotion_awesome

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Diidnt they say the judge for skating was married to some olympic official or something?

Loyal Trader

8,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
cheese_whine

Dangerous Friend

6,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Voter 100
Sotnikova's program was the most difficult - that's how they judge it.
I hear all this about her mistake, but I never saw it. What, she fell 1 time? Big deal. Her program was much more difficult and she pulled it off beautifully. Even they judged the programs before the girls even skated.

Adelina deserved the gold. And the judges are international - not Russians.
raspberry shot
I hear all this about her mistake, but I never saw it. What, she fell 1 time? Big deal. Her program was much more difficult and she pulled it off beautifully. Even they judged the programs before the girls even skated.

Its more difficult than Yuna's but not Mao asada. Mao did the hardest jump for this skating event yet she scored lower than Adelina, Mao also made no mistakes. Adelina made at least two and she didn't even do the hardest jump so why did adelina make 149 close to Yuna kim's record with mistakes... While Mao executed a clean and the hardest program for this Olympics yet she earned a 142.. Uh... Some of the judges are russians.... I am not saying this accusation is real, I am just saying some are russians. Here http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/thesochinetwork/figure-skating-fix-claims-gain-momentum-winner-pictured-155053742.html
and at 3:10 in adelina's video she made the mistake. Where did a spun instead of a full on jump and than proceeded to land on two feet.

Greedy Millionaire

6,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Statustician 100
Kim should have totally taken Gold ><

Ruthless Roisterer

8,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
MaxweII

I know you clarified this later in the forums, but honestly labeling the entire nation for the actions of but a few is very dense if you ask me. I am with you in saying that Yuna Kim deserved the Gold, but your delivery is rather critical and carries a sense of judgemental ideals. The following might be a fair taste of the medicine and acid you spewed out:

I walk through my school campus and the number of fellow Americans who come up to me bagging on me for "just being Russian" and that "Russian are cheaters and thieves and should go die, your opinions aren't worth [insert cuss words here] just because you are Russian" is alarming and uncalled for, even if I didn't even support Adelina.

I don't see how this is any different.

I have a question for you, that is tied into a multiple of ideas:

Should the Japanese hate and judge all Americans for nuking their nation twice, even though after the first Japan was already calling for peace?

Should the Filipinos hate and judge all Americans for the torture and war crimes committed throughout the war for Filipino independence?

Should Vietnamese hate or judge all Americans for dropping tons of bombs throughout their nation, forever scarring their land, or hate and judge them for dropping Agent Orange on them?

Should the Russians hate or judge all Germans for invading their nation, killing large portions of their population, and committing war crimes in Russia, and vice-versa in the Russian counter-offensive into Germany?

Believe me, if this olympics had taken place in America and it was an American who won the gold over Yuna Kim, would the outcry have been this big? It is the very same double-standard that is applied to the Russia vs. US Men's Hockey Scandal; it is obvious to even the Korean community that surrounds me here in Fullerton CA that Russia should have won.

Cheers!

-Mari

P.s. I respect your opinion and I do agree with the fact that Yuna Kim should have won. I respect you, but not your usage of untrue blanket statements.

Dangerous Friend

6,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Voter 100
MaxweII
raspberry shot

Its more difficult than Yuna's but not Mao asada. Mao did the hardest jump for this skating event yet she scored lower than Adelina, Mao also made no mistakes. Adelina made at least two and she didn't even do the hardest jump so why did adelina make 149 close to Yuna kim's record with mistakes... While Mao executed a clean and the hardest program for this Olympics yet she earned a 142.. Uh... Some of the judges are russians.... I am not saying this accusation is real, I am just saying some are russians. Here http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/thesochinetwork/figure-skating-fix-claims-gain-momentum-winner-pictured-155053742.html
and at 3:10 in adelina's video she made the mistake. Where did a spun instead of a full on jump and than proceeded to land on two feet.

I saw the judging of the programs before the skating began, and, like I said, Sotnikova's was more difficult. I don't care who the judges are, unless they are all Russian, which they are not. So what you're saying doesn't matter to me, and it doesn't matter to the Olympics committee, because Sotnikova won, and that's that.

Golden Astronomer

11,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Versatile Gawker

7,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Gender Swap 100
MaxweII

3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces