Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Autobiographer

Anyone else find this a little tacky? I mean I understand why they'd want to capture everything from their perspective and have personal home videos and all... but I mean... it just looks kinda weird to me to see them being honored while holding up cell phones or iPads to film while they walk... Maybe it's just me....
Especially iPads...But I don't mind the cameras. It is an informal ceremony anyway

I don't understand why people would use their iPad as a camera

Beloved Autobiographer

hpanna
Especially iPads...But I don't mind the cameras. It is an informal ceromony anyway

I don't understand why people would use their iPad as a camera

Well the opening ceromony was a bit more 'professional' and they were doing it then, as well... I dunno. For some reason it looked odd to me. lol
well maybe they didn't have/bring cameras and just had their phones/ipads. and who cares what they use, they want to capture the memories

Beloved Autobiographer

murzmaid
well maybe they didn't have/bring cameras and just had their phones/ipads. and who cares what they use, they want to capture the memories

I guess. Like I said, just my thoughts on it. Also, I think if I were going to London I'd at least bring a pocket shooter. sweatdrop

Rainbow Smoker

16,500 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
I thought the same thing xD but I laughed at the same time when I saw that a lot of the athletes were using their phones and stuff like that. I'm not gonna lie I would've done the same thing O:
Well maybe because some of the athletes can't afford to buy a camera just for the olympics and they'd rather use their phones instead.

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Do remember that some of these athletes have Twitter accounts as well, so it's probably easier to use a phone for Twitter and taking pictures, whilst uploading these pictures onto Twitter and Facebook. Tbh a lot of people these days use their phones for taking pictures, unless you're a photographer most smart phones have all you need.

I didn't find it tacky, I think it's nice to have seen the athletes as excited about the Olympics as we were.

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
hashtags
Well maybe because some of the athletes can't afford to buy a camera just for the olympics and they'd rather use their phones instead.

I think in most cases that's true. One of our Judo athletes couldn't afford to fix her car to get to the Olympics and started a fund. Our female boxer got the Olympics by bus. A lot of athletes actually have full time jobs as well, the GB football striker works as a carer in her father's care home.
Rennie`
hashtags

I think in most cases that's true. One of our Judo athletes couldn't afford to fix her car to get to the Olympics and started a fund. Our female boxer got the Olympics by bus. A lot of athletes actually have full time jobs as well, the GB football striker works as a carer in her father's care home.

Exactly, the majority of athletes don't depend on their sports career for a living, it's just a hobby.
Some of them are still in college too.

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
hashtags
Rennie`
hashtags

Exactly, the majority of athletes don't depend on their sports career for a living, it's just a hobby.
Some of them are still in college too.

That's why I respect these athletes more then our football players who get paid £100k a week sweatdrop they complain they don't get paid enough some times!

7,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
The been doing it...they did it 4 years ago. They want to caputure the moment. Last night I did saw Ipad, that is just too big. Who knows maybe something happen to their phone. Let them enjoy it, it's there moment.

Informer

I find it funny, but it's totally understandable. Can't judge them because as everyone else has said, they're capturing the moment.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff