Welcome to Gaia! ::

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
Ya... I'm guessing the prices will skyrocket immediately after the boxes stop being available for free, and then drop drastically when everyone can open them. Unless it happens to be a whole bunch of highly desireable items, obviuosly. But that's what happens every time there's an event.

I'm trying to get extras to trade with people who got the wrong box by accident, or give away to people who weren't able to get a whole set/any because they couldn't make it on or have a friend get them any.
.....Well this is just like Helloween...the items were to easy to get so the prices started to go down like the second day in.....well not all that much...but anyway the items we get in will most likey be in high demand so the pirces will sky rocket and you'll make more money ^__^.
Theres been alot of hints, about other special events happening.
For example leon says, " I think I heard Rita coming"
Vanessa says * Have you seen the way Ian looks at Moria"
Moria says, " I think theres a X mas party later wanna go"
And theres so much more.
Quote:
If they're rare, people complain because they're too expensive. If they're common, people complain because they are too many of them. Can't please everyone.

More like can't please <b><i>anyone</i></b>.

rolleyes *sighs and goes back out*
Quote:
Theres been alot of hints, about other special events happening.
For example leon says, " I think I heard Rita coming"
Vanessa says * Have you seen the way Ian looks at Moria"
Moria says, " I think theres a X mas party later wanna go"
And theres so much more.

The "Have you seen the way Ian looks at Moira" has been there for a while.
Has it really? i had never noticed
Well, normally I'd be one to complain with you.
But since I've lately come to be so busy with other things, namely a health report over break and a portfolio I need to gather for an art school application, I haven't had all that much time to click buttons on Gaia, and so the best solution right now for me is to buy them off of others in the market for the going price.

If they're nice fun items, I can care less about what I can get for them.
Think about it this way: Say there are a million people on gaia and each person has a christmas gift. They would sell for very low because everyone already has one. But Gaia is constantly growing and changing. By next Christmas there will probably be a million-and-a-half members, so there will be half a million peple wanting the gifts all the old members have. The older members of Gaia aren't rich because they are on Gaia a lot, it's because they have old donation items and special event gifts that are worth hundreds of thousands of gold. Hold onto your items and they will be worth a fortune later.
Is it just me, or has the creater of this thread totally missed the idea of the event? The idea is to have fun, and get a few free items. It's not a get rich quick scheme. If you REALLY want to make alot of gold, follow these steps.
1. Get as many caroling items for free as possible.
2. Only open the ones you want (using a guide that will undoubtedly pop up as soon as they are open), and keep as many sealed as possible. 3. Wait 2 weeks to 2 months, the prices will now be about as low as they will ever be.
4. Buy as many as you can.
5. Wait until next december, and start to sell some of the items, but keep some still.
6. Wait until december of the year after that. If you are still on, the items will surely be worth at least 200k each.

5,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Bah. I managed to get one from each person 'cept those in the Gambino district. sweatdrop

The week turned out more hectic than I originally thought.

Still eager to see what's in them, though. 3nodding

bubbleangela's Husband

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
Quote:
Bah. I managed to get one from each person 'cept those in the Gambino district. sweatdrop

The week turned out more hectic than I originally thought.

Still eager to see what's in them, though. 3nodding

Same here, I know how you feel. My girlfriend and brother decide to work together with me and among the three of us we've completed the set six times so far. (5 kept among us, 1 sold for Fairy Wings... we got it on the market early.) biggrin

3,300 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
When does this event end? ninja
I've never gotten a giftbox for an event before. After Christmas day is over, will we still be able to open the gifts?
The caroling is fun and everythign but aggravating.. everytime I got to a store (even if it's just to buy something) I get logged off and I just want a set but I only have 2 presents cause I keep on getting loged off then when it does work it won't let me carol... so I guess it really sucks but it's fun in a way
Quote:
5. Wait until next december, and start to sell some of the items, but keep some still.
6. Wait until december of the year after that. If you are still on, the items will surely be worth at least 200k each.

Someone wasn't here last Christmas. xD Sure, the price could go up. But 200k, let's not get ahead of ourselves. History repeats itself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff