Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Shopper

Hi there!
I'm fairly new to Gaia and was looking for a little help. How come when you buy an object, you can only use one of it's "parts" ? For example, the item "White Dwarf Prognosticator" you can't wear both the boots and the Staff, you have to pick one or the another. So my questions;
-Why does it do this?
-Are all items like this?
-If no to the above, then how can you tell which items do and do not do this?

Thanks a bunch!!
-Screechy

Big Noob

Most premium act that way since 2004. It's a business strategy for Gaia to get better profits and it's not likely to change. There are items that do give the whole look though. Look for items with "The Look" in their names in the MP. I think there are a few in the Cash Shop.

Cheery Cutie-Pie

15,050 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
I believe they do that so its realistic, not to mention it makes people buy more so they can wear more than one pose. I think all the items do that .

Edit surprised h yeah the look items..forgot about those.. they’re the only ones that don’t do that and you can wear all the items at once

Shadowy Hunter

16,050 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
So yes - for each 1 item you can equip 1 pose from it. So if you want two poses connected to the item then you need to own two gonk . It's like this for all items. It does kinda suck but it has always been this way for gaia sad .

Hope that helps. biggrin

Shirtless Shopper

Sevalle
Most premium act that way since 2004. It's a business strategy for Gaia to get better profits and it's not likely to change. There are items that do give the whole look though. Look for items with "The Look" in their names in the MP. I think there are a few in the Cash Shop.

Tsuki_Kirkland
I believe they do that so its realistic, not to mention it makes people buy more so they can wear more than one pose. I think all the items do that .

Edit surprised h yeah the look items..forgot about those.. they’re the only ones that don’t do that and you can wear all the items at once

Thanks a bunch!!! (: heart

Omnipresent Elder

Sevalle

HDMl
Time Waits For No One

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
So the items weren't like this in 2003?

Shirtless Shopper

EternalSpark1000
So yes - for each 1 item you can equip 1 pose from it. So if you want two poses connected to the item then you need to own two gonk . It's like this for all items. It does kinda suck but it has always been this way for gaia sad .

Hope that helps. biggrin

Yes very much so, thank you smile heart

Big Noob

HDMI
Sevalle

HDMl
Time Waits For No One

I don't think there were multi-pose items back then. I may have missed them.

Omnipresent Elder

Sevalle
HDMI
Sevalle

HDMl
Time Waits For No One

I don't think there were multi-pose items back then. I may have missed them.

HDMl
Time Waits For No One

Ah, you're right, thanks.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

13,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Megathread 100
There are some (very few) items that will have a pose that pairs up a few items that are also separate poses in that item, together.

Such as the corset and sugar spun dress are separate poses in Biancamella, but they have another pose for the dress and corset together.

This is also true for items in Alruna's Rose and Fremere's Guard among others. You'll most often see this happen in older Evolving Items, though.

Gaian

I assume the realism effect
but it does get anoying having like 8 of a MC or PI on ya :/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces