Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vermillion Citizen

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
return to us the theater option? i know it wasn't popular for a small while but i have seen posts from people asking them to bring it back even if its just for something like youtube. so is there any hope of something like this happening, or is everyone running head first into despair?

Valiant Jackling

There are two reason Gaia got rid of it

1) there wasn't a lot of use

2) People kept putting up copyrighted material that could get Gaia, as a company, in the hot seat.

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
Theater was a cool feature, but alas, it actually wasn't used all that much, and people were putting up copy-righted material that could land the company in hot water, so they removed it.

Sorry sad

Vermillion Citizen

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
hm well i think that time has passed, would be nice to see a return seeing that things have changed so much around here.

Helpful Gaian

It doesn't really matter that time had gone by when it comes to a feature that could get Gaia into a lot of legal hot water. Many things may have changed, but peoples propensity for doing less than legal stuff on the internet hasn't really changed.

User Image

User Image

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Jade the puppetmaster
hm well i think that time has passed, would be nice to see a return seeing that things have changed so much around here.
people were using it to watch copyrighted material illegally with friends. that could have gotten Gaia sued. if you want to suggest that feature get returned you're best off suggesting it AND a way to keep that from happening again if it is returned. because Gaia isn't going to bring something back that could easily land them in a copyright infringement lawsuit.

Vermillion Citizen

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
well what if they came up with a way to block copy write material from being shared on here, couldn't they put a type of fail safe in place to keep something like that from happening? put in place a method that would punish the people who would do such a thing. nothing over the top but just enough to make people think before they attempt something that could cause gaia to be sued.

Big Noob

I doubt Gaia would want to take the chance. Besides the feature may be some bandwidth drain and it doesn't really earn them a whole deal of money. You see, Gaia seems to enjoy abandoning features that do not get them a ton of money. There are just too many cons than pros for that feature to be returned.

If you want to discuss and encourage the return of this feature, feel free to drop by Site Feedback and let them know.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff