Welcome to Gaia! ::

Big Trash

35,140 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Marathon 300
So, as of today, I came online to find I received a WARNING to my account about TROLLING. Okay, okay, lemme say this, I have had my fair share of fun times, doing stupid crap but by no means this time was I under the intention of TROLLING any one.

I am not going to name drop the mod here, just merely say that I was Warned. I have wrote a response to the moderator, but I would like ANOTHER mod to deal with this. To at LEAST explain to me HOW my opinion is trolling and tell me that no longer should I state these opinons.

What is trolling?

I would say a post meant to create an adverse reaction, to create drama.

What did I say?

There are more than enough people who can reach the higher tiers without GC. I did so, all of my friends did so. Venders can do so, artists can do so. That is a broad assumption that most "rich" Gaian's don't have the means without the use of money.

I am not in this to attack you but if you are lacking money, make a marketable trade. Do something that helps you get gold, instead of crying about how poor and depressed you are.

This was in RESPONSE to another user saying that it was IMPOSSIBLE to get anywhere without the use of GAIACASH. I merely responded to him. NOW, Let me pick out some choice things that make it OBVIOUS I wasn't trolling.

-----------------------------

There are more than enough people who can reach the higher tiers without GC. I did so, all of my friends did so. Venders can do so, artists can do so. That is a broad assumption that most "rich" Gaian's don't have the means without the use of money. <-------------- valid argument, no name calling or trying to incite arguement or riot here!

I am not in this to attack you but if you are lacking money, make a marketable trade. Do something that helps you get gold, instead of crying about how poor and depressed you are. (NOW I DIDN'T KNOW TOUGH LOVE = TROLLING. MY BAD GAIA.)

I need someone to contest this warning to, or someone who at least sees what I am saying. I am a friggen adult here, I don't "TROLL" any more and if I do it's nothing malicious.

This is wrong and I want this fixed.

Relentless Glitch

You may PM another moderator for a second opinion or go directly to the admins via the email usertalk@gaiaonline.com.

PM any Site Moderator
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Could be on the other side if you are using a browser add-on.
This link is found in all the forums.

Big Trash

35,140 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Marathon 300
Dalia Royce
Thank you, my brain is kind of rattled after seeing that. I mean I have gotten fair warnings and not contested them, but this one, this one is unfathomable.
Sometimes, directly aggressive statements towards another user like calling them pathetic or hun does rank a flaming or trolling label. I would know this on a personal level. When you called the other user 'poor and depressed', they may have seen it as being over the top and thus slapped the charge on you. I'm not sure of the exact reasoning for this case, but it can be good to respond to that moderator for some clarification. It's probably something about keeping Gaia a happy and fun place for all people and judging people for their financial lot and their feelings runs counter to those vaunted ideals.

Big Trash

35,140 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Marathon 300
Tessa Illyanovich
But it wasn't even calling him in general poor or depressed, you was a very broad statement not associated toward the user or anyone in general. (Or maybe it was, I don't remember. But even he had called himself poor in his post, talking about how depressed he was...)

I understand how they would have taken it, but it wasn't my intent to be seen that way. I mean, but trolling and a warning? Why couldn't someone have just taken down my post and moved on? I mean is that much worse than all of these other people who go around posting nasty things? I just don't see the charge.

Relentless Glitch

l-l a r l o t
Tessa Illyanovich
But it wasn't even calling him in general poor or depressed, you was a very broad statement not associated toward the user or anyone in general.

I understand how they would have taken it, but it wasn't my intent to be seen that way. I mean, but trolling and a warning? Why couldn't someone have just taken down my post and moved on? I mean is that worse than all of these other people who go around posting nasty things? I just don't see the charge.

Looks like the person may have reported it and made a good case that they were personally and terribly offended by the comment and that could make all the difference. I have to admit, your statement had been quite harsh and didn't really give a general feel than a very personally-directed observation of that person. They probably even used the discrimination card. I agree with Tessa. Go speak with the moderator and ask them to explain why your action warranted a heftier warning. Could be a accumulation of past offenses? Could be multiple people reported you? Only they would know since every report or sanction will have some notes attached that other mods could see.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff