Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Ladykiller

12,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
I know for a fact I will sound very stupid asking this but...
I just logged in and saw a friend request for me. Wanting to know who the user is, I went to their profile and vaguely remembered them from rally. It said that they were offline. Then when I went to decline it directed me to the page that shows you the friend requests to you, the ones you requested for, and current friends. And the icon changed from the offline sleeping icon to the online one: 3nodding . This has been like that ever since. I think I'm being paranoid. But, the person became online immediately RIGHT after I went to their profile. I don't know if I should be worried or not. I sound paranoid, but I've been hacked before and I've heard about people being hacked by friends or whatnot so....should I be worried?

Beloved Pirate

There are a few possibilities of what is happening. If you check out your Account Preferences, you'll notice that there's an option there to show whether or not someone is online. Another possibility, though, is that they had been inactive for a period of time (like when someone is writing a very long message, etc.) and Gaia just registered them as "offline", then they either posted or otherwise became active so they registered as "online" again.

Invisible Ladykiller

12,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
Navashuryn
There are a few possibilities of what is happening. If you check out your Account Preferences, you'll notice that there's an option there to show whether or not someone is online. Another possibility, though, is that they had been inactive for a period of time (like when someone is writing a very long message, etc.) and Gaia just registered them as "offline", then they either posted or otherwise became active so they registered as "online" again.

Yes, well, on their profile, it shows their last login. It shows the date and the time logged in. When I checked the first time it was written as Today, 5:32pm. When I went back it was written as Today, 10:19pm, the exact time it was on my clock. And they have been a user for 3yrs now and has no forum posts. But yeah, they could be PMing a friend. I may just being paranoid. Thank you~

Wealthy Regular

12,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
xDR ELMOx
Navashuryn

Yes, well, on their profile, it shows their last login. It shows the date and the time logged in. When I checked the first time it was written as Today, 5:32pm. When I went back it was written as Today, 10:19pm, the exact time it was on my clock. And they have been a user for 3yrs now and has no forum posts. But yeah, they could be PMing a friend. I may just being paranoid. Thank you~
it could also just be coincidence that they came on then. i doubt you'll get hacked just because of a coincidence.

also, i know this is off-topic, but your text is VERY hard to read. i had to highlight it to be able to read it.

Invisible Ladykiller

12,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
Morbid Obesity
xDR ELMOx
Navashuryn

it could also just be coincidence that they came on then. i doubt you'll get hacked just because of a coincidence.

also, i know this is off-topic, but your text is VERY hard to read. i had to highlight it to be able to read it.

Thank you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games