Welcome to Gaia! ::

I searched briefly and could not locate a repeat post, so I have decided to take it apon myself to request the sanity behind the choice of the spotlight avatars.
For over a year now, Gaia spotlight has been reserved for those with avatars that have gone beyond the rest, searching for an excellent combination of matching colors and items, without making it too cluttered, and making an overall excellent looking avatar. They are placed on the front page of gaia, showing a symbolism of something for new joiners or even oldbies to look up, smile and say, " That's an interesting avatar."
I mean no disrespect to the people on the first page of gaia, as a matter of fact I commend them for being lucky to be placed on the front page, but I'm requesting, and will even start a petition if need be, that new avatars be instated as the avatar spotlight.

2,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
How are they chosen ? eek
I remember seeing a vote button somewhere a long time ago xp
but I think they're changed every week, it's not always the same person sweatdrop
It's more like every month, and I thought there was a voting system too, but I'm uncertain.
Kao-chan
How are they chosen ? eek
I remember seeing a vote button somewhere a long time ago xp
but I think they're changed every week, it's not always the same person sweatdrop
It was done by the admins, in prehistoric Gaia, recently they added the [Vote] button, but that dissapeared too.
The admin chose these avatars, and I doubt a petition will get rid of them. Plus, there was a thread about this the day they were change. Sorry, come back in a month and they should be changed.
there have been many, MANY boards like this. You should've seen the AT (avatar talk, located as a sub forum in the general discussion area)

And I uh...share your pain too. I believe the mods (or who ever) sent out a message apoligizing, saying that they had before displayed better avatars, but had changed or something.

Aged Member

9,400 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
If admins did the random thing of 50 users avatar.. but the avatar talk section why they could ask the experts... stare
TierranWraith
The admin chose these avatars, and I doubt a petition will get rid of them. Plus, there was a thread about this the day they were change. Sorry, come back in a month and they should be changed.

3nodding

I guess we'll just have to live with it.
<center>We can't do much about it, the admins choose this time. And with the voting buttons the avatars are still just as bad, sadly. ^^;;

Sorry if I sound rude, but that's my opinion.
</center>

2,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
but the admins can't see every avatar on gaia, it's just random @.@
Are they really that bad? sweatdrop I see nothing wrong with them, and the admins just decided to choose something different.

But does it really matter? Everyone seems to be making such a huge deal out of nothing.

Petitions never work, and for that? That just seems so silly... sweatdrop

And I'm not saying anyone is wrong for their opinion, people are free to like and dislike the avatars. But I just wonder how someone might feel (Even though you mean no disrespect) If they were in avatar spotlight, just to have a ton of people getting angry and saying that their style sucks? I know it's just pixels... but if for some reason I was picked for AS, and people got angry at that, I would be hurt. :\

Ah well, sorry for the ramble. ^^;;
the admins generate a random list of 50 avatars..the ylook at them all ...and decide which oens look the best out of the 50...this is how it has been doen for a while...
Naryuu
Are they really that bad? sweatdrop I see nothing wrong with them, and the admins just decided to choose something different.

And does it really matter? Everyone seems to be making such a huge deal out of nothing.

And petitions never work, and for that? That just seems so silly... sweatdrop

And I'm not saying anyone is wrong for their opinion, people are free to like and dislike the avatars. But I just wonder how someone might feel (Even though you mean no disrespect) If they were in avatar spotlight, just to have a ton of people getting angry and saying that their style sucks? I know it's just pixels... but if for some reason I was picked for AS, and people got angry at that, I would be hurt. :\

Ah well, sorry for the ramble. ^^;;

<center>Aye, that makes alot of sense, and alot of people have thought of that. Including me, but I still can't bring myself to like them.</center>
Naryuu

They're just really plain and boring. They both have Jacked up items, which aren't that rare seeing how long we could Trick or Treat, and how many people used mules to get 5 or 6 sets of items. The avatars are just kinda boring, and have stuff put on randomly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff