Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Noob

Did anyone else see them? I'm on a friend's laptop with no adblocker, so...but they were there, and now they aren't. I was logged off though, apparently, so maybe that has something to do with it.

That or Gaia backpedalled before anyone could really notice...o_O

But, yeah, there was an ad banner in about every 3 or 4 posts or so. Let me tell you a thing, Gaia, if you're actually planning to implement that bullshit, you've got a huge storm coming.

Edit: Apparently they only show up when not logged in. Odd...

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Pewpewkachu
... that might have had something to do with something I spotted earlier (dealing with this page)
It's also possible that the ads might have just gotten stuck inside of the posts due to some other formatting issue with your friend's computer?
If you see them again, taking screenshots would help . w . ;;

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Dapper Noob

I just tested logging back off, and they showed back up again...so apparently they only show up when not logged in...

A bit odd...

Dapper Noob

Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Pewpewkachu
... that might have had something to do with something I spotted earlier (dealing with this page)
It's also possible that the ads might have just gotten stuck inside of the posts due to some other formatting issue with your friend's computer?

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Nah, they weren't stuck. There were actually different ones in each post PLUS the normal ones that show up on the side and/or bottom.

Greedy Drake

Pewpewkachu
Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Pewpewkachu

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Nah, they weren't stuck. There were actually different ones in each post PLUS the normal ones that show up on the side and/or bottom.

im not an expert but I heard there was also Adware that injects ads into articles/posts. I know theres one that underlines words and links them to ad-sites if you click and puts a drop down when you hover over the word.

Dapper Noob

Jinglybell
Pewpewkachu
Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Pewpewkachu

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

im not an expert but I heard there was also Adware that injects ads into articles/posts. I know theres one that underlines words and links them to ad-sites if you click and puts a drop down when you hover over the word.

They would also be showing up when logged in if that was the case though, I'm sure. dunno, maybe they're trying to drive away lurkers...or something...or maybe they have MORE lurkers than actual active, logged-in members, and are trying to leech ad revenue off of them...

It's a mystery.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces