Welcome to Gaia! ::

Conservative Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
but its way under 500? its like 400 and 200 so why did they block my siggy? im actually pretty angry about this/
♫ I just met you
And this is crazy

The size limitations also include byte size - as it says on the signature creation page your signature has to be under 100,000 bytes as well as less than 500x500 pixels.

You can check your signature size in your browser, or at a website such as checkyourfilesize.

Your current signature image is still over the byte size limit (535,532 bytes) and will likely be disabled again if you don't remove the image.

But here's my number
So call me maybe ♫

Conservative Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
Nocturnal Melodies__ix
♫ I just met you
And this is crazy

The size limitations also include byte size - as it says on the signature creation page your signature has to be under 100,000 bytes as well as less than 500x500 pixels.

You can check your signature size in your browser, or at a website such as checkyourfilesize.

Your current signature image is still over the byte size limit (535,532 bytes) and will likely be disabled again if you don't remove the image.

But here's my number
So call me maybe ♫

ell how do i reduce the byte size?
LoveIsMyPoison
Nocturnal Melodies__ix
♫ I just met you
And this is crazy

But here's my number
So call me maybe ♫

♫ And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

Sometimes changing the file type (for example, changing a png image to a jpeg image) can bring the file size down enough to make it within the limits. Changing the dimensions can also help reduce size.

With gif images it's much harder, as being huge is part of their nature. If you shrink the dimensions, the image becomes distorted, so that's often not a sufficient answer (plus most gif images need to be really tiny to be within the limits). Reducing the quality and cutting the number of frames can sometimes help, but if you don't personally know how to do that, hunting down someone that does can be time-consuming.

My personal suggestion for an oversized image of any kind is to use a thumbnail that's within the limits to link to the full size version. In the case of your signature, you could use a still image from the gif as a link to the animated one.
[url=Link to your gif here][img]Still image[/img][/url]

That way anyone that wants to see the moving image can click the still to see it, and you're still within the limits.

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am ♫

Devoted Gaian

14,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Marathon 300
LoveIsMyPoison
Nocturnal Melodies__ix
♫ I just met you
And this is crazy

But here's my number
So call me maybe ♫

Your image is now okay in bytesize but it is over in pixels
it says 600x 322 pixels
you will have to resize it to fit within the site's guidelines
online resizer

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items