Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello~ I have a very odd question today.

I have a LOT of characters to roleplay with, but my biggest issue is that 90% of them don't even get used. Not including the fact that 50% of the time Im not even roleplaying cause my roleplays either 1. die cause the other person is too busy, or 2. fall flat and both parties end up abandoning it cause it's too boring.

So Is it alright if I sold a few of my character ideas and gave the art to the new buyer on here? I can't seem to get interest anywhere else so I figured on a site that actually has roleplayers, it might work.

anyway.
generally, can I sell an OC of mine and simply gift the art to the winner?
I'm guessing No. Is the art original as well? Probably complicated in many ways and very susceptible to tripping one rule or another.

It's best to consult.
PM a Site Moderator
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
This link is found in all the forums.
okay thank you.
I'll do that now.

Stellar Succubus

If you are talking about selling an actual avatar used for RP, that is definitely against the rules.

If it's art you're selling, I believe it is okay so long as you sell it for gold.

Selling writing or original characters is less clear, I believe it would fall under offsite trading.

It would be a good idea to browse the rule stickies for each of the art forums, and especially the art shop forums, in case they provide any clarification as to what is acceptable for sale or trade.
VVhip
If you are talking about selling an actual avatar used for RP, that is definitely against the rules.

If it's art you're selling, I believe it is okay so long as you sell it for gold.

Selling writing or original characters is less clear, I believe it would fall under offsite trading.

It would be a good idea to browse the rule stickies for each of the art forums, and especially the art shop forums, in case they provide any clarification as to what is acceptable for sale or trade.

I've already contacted a mod about it and they said as long as I was not directly selling the art and gave credit to the artist for the art, I could sell the character.

It's an OC, used for RP yes. I've created it though and the art that represents the character was commissioned or gifted to me. They said so long as I was not right out selling the art, it was okay.

you must have your things backwards cause selling art done by others is wrong. :/

Stellar Succubus

Maiyun-Waya
VVhip

I've already contacted a mod about it and they said as long as I was not directly selling the art and gave credit to the artist for the art, I could sell the character.

It's an OC, used for RP yes. I've created it though and the art that represents the character was commissioned or gifted to me. They said so long as I was not right out selling the art, it was okay.

you must have your things backwards cause selling art done by others is wrong. :/

I thought you meant you'd created the art yourself. You hadn't made it clear that the art wasn't also created by you. That is definitely a big nono. smile

I'm glad to know you got adequate help, and thanks for posting the clarification in case someone else searches this topic for similar information ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff