Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello Q&A Forum,

I'm posting this following issue according to what is happening to me right now, and that is receiving an IP address verification that is from an entirely different country from where I am from and now I am in a position unable to getting access into my accounts without forcing myself to verify that said IP address that isn't my own. ( I didn't verify it. )

I decided to look up where that IP address comes from and it has given me two locations, I took a screenshot of it to show a mod or Zero Omega himself, now that I've PM'd him hoping that he could help me.

Did anyone else has gone through this? It's my first time happening to me. And also what did you have to do to stop it?

I've always been careful with everything I do, so hopefully this better stops asap.

Thank you for taking your time reading this and hope this helps other unfortunate victim who could have fell for this.

GUYS ZERO OMEGA HAS FIXED THE ISSUE, if it still lets you try to verify that here you can know how to file ticket for it!

Help Center

PAFenix's Wife

Slumbering Enchantress

28,425 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Striking Knight 150
I just got a weird one, too. It's from my country, but a different state, and I traced it to something that brought up Prolexic Technologies. I double checked my IP on other sites, and this was the only one showing the new one. I was pretty stupid to verify it, I'm sure, but I didn't see any way around it to get into my own account.
Ayleria
I just got a weird one, too. It's from my country, but a different state, and I traced it to something that brought up Prolexic Technologies. I double checked my IP on other sites, and this was the only one showing the new one. I was pretty stupid to verify it, I'm sure, but I didn't see any way around it to get into my own account.

Did it show this?

User Image
Cause I guess we both have the same issue.

Shy Browser

To be safe I guess you both should change you're password's so it dosen't happen again.
Wait nvm zero omega posted something
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-news-updates/staff-updates/t.63632027_1197/#1197

PAFenix's Wife

Slumbering Enchantress

28,425 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Striking Knight 150
Darlin Cruel
Ayleria

Did it show this?

Cause I guess we both have the same issue.

Yes, actually! My IP was noted as almost the exact same as yours, minus the last three digits (which does mean it's from the same location).
Madorka
To be safe I guess you both should change you're password's so it dosen't happen again.
I'm waiting to do that but I want to see what response I would get from whoever helps me with this issue. I don't want to risk and mess up anything. Dx

But you're right! Thank you for reminding me this.

Shy Browser

Darlin Cruel
Madorka
I'm waiting to do that but I want to see what response I would get from whoever helps me with this issue. I don't want to risk and mess up anything. Dx

Aslo zero omega posted something I would change pw still though
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-news-updates/staff-updates/t.63632027_1197/#1197

PAFenix's Wife

Slumbering Enchantress

28,425 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Striking Knight 150
Madorka
Darlin Cruel
Madorka

I changed my password immediately since I first thought someone was hacking my account. I guess I'll change it again after they update us, though, in case there's a weird security breach while they are trying to fix it!
Madorka
Darlin Cruel
Madorka

I checked just now and thank you for letting me know! emotion_hug

Also Zero Omega has read my PM as well, so I'm glad he did and let everyone know about the following issue.

Moonlight Warrior

Oops! Accidentally verified the IP and just deleted the PM. I just assumed it was me since the logged ip times were times that I tried to log in. Went and changed my PW just in case. redface
Peppermint Elf
Oops! Accidentally verified the IP and just deleted the PM. I just assumed it was me since the logged ip times were times that I tried to log in. Went and changed my PW just in case. redface
Oh I hope nothing got stolen from you cause my friend told me that some of his friends lost items because of it. I'm not sure if its true or not.
Guys! Zero Omega has fixed the issue!

Moonlight Warrior

Darlin Cruel
Peppermint Elf
Oh I hope nothing got stolen from you cause my friend told me that some of his friends lost items because of it. I'm not sure if its true or not.
Nope. I didn't lose anything. Just checked my trade and gift history. Nada. Probably changed my pass before anything could happen. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff