Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Prophet

6,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Didn't we always promise....

My original account, Depression Fairy, was hacked into and only my avatar and items were sold in the market place for a gold each...

I lost several dozen high priced items and my 7ook+

I was hacked Tuesday, and a week ago I thought I was hacked, but found my items in my storage after I sent a report and thought it must have been a glitch...
I know that I should not have assumed after finding the items that it was a glitch, and changed my password.

I know who the hacker is, because I confronted him in real life and he admitted to it.
He was my ex-boyfriend, and he did this about an hour after I un-friended him...
I didn't give him the password, I check my gaia and it auto-saved it.... I thought I deleted it, but I was wrong.

I have to remake my email, facebook, and several other accounts because of him...
So, I guess my question is... Because I made the first hacking report, will the second be ignored since I thought it was a glitch?

Together, forever....

Kindly Gaian

Reports are not usually ignored,
that's why people are discouraged from filing multiple reports for a single case; they add more reports that all have to be checked,
thus making it take longer for staff to go through all of them.

If you feel that the first report you filed is no longer necessary,
what you can do is contact a moderator with the reference number of that report, and ask for the report to be deleted/removed.
There is a green link at the top of each forum labelled 'View Forum Moderators',
you can pm a mod from there.

It shouldn't affect your other report, but it will save the staff some time.

Beloved Prophet

6,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100

I was feeling discouraged because I have not been sent anything from gaia for either report to my email.

Together, forever....

Salty Sweetheart

Hichou Fujiwara

I was feeling discouraged because I have not been sent anything from gaia for either report to my email.

Together, forever....

It could take two weeks to a month. If it takes a very very long time, over a month, them PM a mod with the reference number to check the status of the investigation.

Beloved Prophet

6,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
rinlee
Hichou Fujiwara

Together, forever....

It could take two weeks to a month. If it takes a very very long time, over a month, them PM a mod with the reference number to check the status of the investigation.

Where do I get the reference number?
I have only gotten the screen that says I sent the report... then nothing.

Together, forever....

Salty Sweetheart

Hichou Fujiwara
rinlee
Hichou Fujiwara

Together, forever....

Together, forever....

Head over to the Contact Us page, and find 'My Tickets'. Each ticket has a number, which we call the reference number for tickets. The number is along the left margin of the ticket info.

Beloved Prophet

6,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
rinlee
Hichou Fujiwara
rinlee
Hichou Fujiwara

Together, forever....

Together, forever....

Head over to the Contact Us page, and find 'My Tickets'. Each ticket has a number, which we call the reference number for tickets. The number is along the left margin of the ticket info.

It isn't letting me login to the account anymore...
I changed the password, but it won't send a recovery code to my email....

Together, forever....

Salty Sweetheart

Hichou Fujiwara

It isn't letting me login to the account anymore...
I changed the password, but it won't send a recovery code to my email....

Together, forever....

I don't entirely understand what you said...
Your font colour is very, very light as well.

Beloved Pirate

rinlee

Uh, tickets aren't reports... they are completely different systems, so you wouldn't be able to see a report in the "My Tickets" window.
@OP: As long as you got a reference number, that means that the report was filed. If the page just refreshed, then you didn't fill out the boxes correctly; each box needs to be filled in, even if it is with "I don't know". And do you mean that the account you filed the hacking report is no longer accessible to you? Sounds like the hacker still had access to your account or e-mail and was able to get on it again. Might need to file a hacking report from the account you are on now and explain that you completely lost access to the account? First might want to ask PM a moderator, though, to be sure what the correct action is at this point... There is a green "view forum moderators" link at the top of any forum...

Salty Sweetheart

Navashuryn

Whoops! I realize my mistake now. Thank you for fixing that.

Beloved Prophet

6,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
No, the hacker is still logged on.
The email I have hasn't gotten anything from gaia though.

And the Tickets say I don't have a report, but the screen said it sent the report.

I am just going to ask if they can check the logs in the MP for the items, refill out a report.
I am mainly upset 'cuz I had the auto cash set up...
And my cell is suppose to get texts when I am logged out for PMs and the Market sales...
How do I undo that?
Do I have to get a new debit card and be done with it?

And sorry, I keep forgetting to turn of the text.

Beloved Pirate

Hichou Fujiwara
No, the hacker is still logged on.
The email I have hasn't gotten anything from gaia though.

And the Tickets say I don't have a report, but the screen said it sent the report.

I am just going to ask if they can check the logs in the MP for the items, refill out a report.
I am mainly upset 'cuz I had the auto cash set up...
And my cell is suppose to get texts when I am logged out for PMs and the Market sales...
How do I undo that?
Do I have to get a new debit card and be done with it?

And sorry, I keep forgetting to turn of the text.

Read what I posted; reports are not tickets, so the ticket window wouldn't show you your report. As long as the page didn't refresh, then the report was sent. Which account did you send the report from? If it is on the account you are on now, then a moderator would be able to look it up, it just will take them a while to find it for you.
As for the rest of what you posted... What e-mail are you exactly looking for? Did you check the junk mail? As far as the Cash and stuff, if you have a hacking report on file for the actual hacking, the moderator who gets assigned to your report will work hard to return it to the way it was before you were hacked... They are able to see trades, marketplace transactions, etc., and for the most part they can reverse the transactions. There isn't a 100% recovery guaranteed, but moderators try their best to do what they can.

Beloved Prophet

6,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
I forgot what I changed the password for and clicked the forgot password button, but it hasn't sent it to my email yet... that was last night at like 1opm.

I got a blue gift box and wanted to gift it to this account... I think I should just let the hacker have it instead, huh?

I refilled on on this account, because I don't know if the other one sent or not.
They should be able to fix most of it then?
What about the people that bought the items in the market place, I asked someone if I could have some of the items back and they resold it...
What happens then?

Beloved Pirate

Silently Content
My other account was just hacked. What is the forum to report it? I have never before been hacked...

You really should have posted your own thread asking this, instead of necroing a long answered thread, since that is against the rules of this forum. However, to answer your question, the link to file a hacking report can be found near the bottom of the Forum Directory. Fill out the report as best as you can, leaving no boxes blank, even if it is with "I don't know". You will know you have filled it out properly when it takes you to another page and gives you a reference number. Keep hold of that number, and if you haven't heard anything back, you may PM a moderator with that number and ask for a status update.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff