Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey everyone,

I'm utterly curious to know if Gaia plans of updating the Guild forums. They really need updating. They deserve updating. This would promote growth in these 'personalized hangouts' as I call them.
I want to know if they have any plans on adding features such as:

-Ability to add youtube videos with the youtube code. (this is especially vital for music guilds who would love to post music videos)

-Tip Post buttons would be nice.

-Ability to subscribe to a certain thread within a Guild.

-Quick reply buttons

-Like/Dislike buttons (not completely necessary, but would be a cool option)

So on and so forth, when are some Guild updates gonna happen?!?

Invisible Regular

There are a few posts about them over in the Spring Cleaning forums. However, it seems to be the general consensus that guilds aren't receiving updates in the near future, due to focusing energies elsewhere.
twiterpert
There are a few posts about them over in the Spring Cleaning forums. However, it seems to be the general consensus that guilds aren't receiving updates in the near future, due to focusing energies elsewhere.

I'll will look into this spring cleaning forum you speak of.

But I think it would be so much smarter to get in a guild update as quick as possible, and then focus on other stuff. Honestly I would be on a lot more if the guild features were polished a little. I think it would bring in more members + make more members stay on the site. Don't you? cry

Invisible Regular

Oh, I completely agree - guilds need some love. I do think there is a huge potential for retaining users if the guild interface was more polished.

But, it seems in recent years Gaia's been focusing on bringing in cash over the maintenance of old features. Rewriting old code is often more time consuming than just making something completely new - the people who wrote it may have left or the system used is outdated. Also, if a feature isn't pulling in as much traffic as they like, it is more often left to rot (Lotto, zOMG, VJ) than being revamped using user suggestions.

Well, at least they are trying to fix Alchemy, and Housing got a huge update for Christmas.This gives me hope that they are willing to look at the things we say and fix em. Fingers crossed for Guilds.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff