Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that selling items and accounts from other sites (Neopets, Furcadia) was illegal on Gaia. Is there a thread about it or is it mentioned somewhere in the TOS? I can't seem to find it.
VII. NO RESALE OR REPRODUCTION OF SERVICE(S)
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of GAIA Online including, but not limited to your GAIA Online User ID. You are not allowed to reproduce any portions of the GAIA Online website outside of the scope of the GAIA Online Experience without prior consent from the creators of GAIA Online.

It falls under that category.

5,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Dressed Up 200
Should be in the ToS, but I've mainly seen it mentioned by Moderators.
Bolt3
VII. NO RESALE OR REPRODUCTION OF SERVICE(S)
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of GAIA Online including, but not limited to your GAIA Online User ID. You are not allowed to reproduce any portions of the GAIA Online website outside of the scope of the GAIA Online Experience without prior consent from the creators of GAIA Online.

It falls under that category.
Thank you very much. 3nodding

Hygienic Consumer

Quote:
Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.

I'm pretty sure the last six words of that clause make it against the rules for you to trade gaia gold for neopoints.
Actually, that's referring to re-selling parts of <i>Gaia</i>; as for selling accounts from different sites, it's stated in the ToS here:

Gaian ToS
<B>While using the Gaiaonline experience, the User may not:</b>

5. Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have the rights to.

6. Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.

You don't have the right to sell an account on another site. sweatdrop And it's solicitation. So either way, it's not allowed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff