Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Noob

Helloooo,

So I hope this is the right place to be posting about this, I don't expect a solution though. I did post my previous profile layout problem here and I received awesome assistance smile

Alright, so the multimedia that I have on my profile - in order for it to show just the 'play/pause' button, the link has to have "?version=2" on it(or something like that). My problem is that when the media plays on my profile, the sound changes a bit - like instead of it being 720p it sounds like its 420p or lower. Is it suppose to be like that when it's put under 'version=2' ?

Idk if that happens to everyone who uses that, I think it does. If it only happens to be, I wanna know why and what I can do to change it, otherwise, it's cool. At least it's playing my media rightfully.

Anyways, I'd appreciate the help, thank you !
whee

Big Bear

23,125 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Budding Witch 250
*supportive bump*

O.G. Gaian

It probably does happen like that, but keep in mind that, for the most part, your average listener actually isn't going to hear the difference -- and your average computer speaker, for that matter, isn't going to be producing a high enough quality of sound in the first place for the difference to be noticeable to someone who otherwise would be able to tell.

Remember that of all the digital media, sound is the most complex -- in other words, the most data-heavy. The more quality you want, the more bytes you're going to have to burn to get it. Playing the audio at a lower quality is a lot easier on the computer doing the streaming, so the solution in this case is really to take a few deep breaths and shrug it off.

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
(just adding on to faolan)

Version 2 uses the old AS2 embedding which youtube technically doesn't even support anymore, thus the lower quality. Alternatively, you can use Version 3, which uses AS3 and gives you higher video quality, but you lose out on the "button" look. AS3 looks best as a progress bar (like on my profile) or in a full video size.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Shy Noob

Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
(just adding on to faolan)

Version 2 uses the old AS2 embedding which youtube technically doesn't even support anymore, thus the lower quality. Alternatively, you can use Version 3, which uses AS3 and gives you higher video quality, but you lose out on the "button" look. AS3 looks best as a progress bar (like on my profile) or in a full video size.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Hmm yeah, I used version 3 but I lost the play/pause button so I just stuck with version 2 =/
I'm still learning on how to put my media like that, cus I'm thinking of changing like that just for hell of the quality, lol. Yeah, it's bothering me that much.

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
mischievous x3
Hmm yeah, I used version 3 but I lost the play/pause button so I just stuck with version 2 =/
I'm still learning on how to put my media like that, cus I'm thinking of changing like that just for hell of the quality, lol. Yeah, it's bothering me that much.
It doesn't need to be aligned to the bottom specifically like mine XD
Just basically a rectangle which is about 25~27px high and about 100px or longer can be used for the progress bar.
If you'd like to read more about AS3 parameters though, there's a mini guide (in construction) which covers it.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Shy Noob

Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
mischievous x3
It doesn't need to be aligned to the bottom specifically like mine XD
Just basically a rectangle which is about 25~27px high and about 100px or longer can be used for the progress bar.
If you'd like to read more about AS3 parameters though, there's a mini guide (in construction) which covers it.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Whoaa nice. Its made by you! Eeeek biggrin
Thank you so much for sharing, woot woot
heart heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items