Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chatty Gaian

8,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Hi, I'm trying to make a simple quest thread, easy to understand and use.
I know how to do most of the graphics and text and stuff but I'm baffled by one thing.
Is there a way to post the items you want, showing the picture,name, and direct link to it in the market, in a easy way? If that makes sense? sweatdrop

Athella's Fangirl

Lunatic

Head to the MP and search up the item. Right-click on the item's image and select "View image info" or "View image in a new tab" (depending on your browser and the options available). Copy the image's URL for the image. As to how to make the image clickable:
[url=MP LISTING URL HERE][img]IMAGE URL HERE[/img][/url]

Chatty Gaian

8,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Toriki-chi
Head to the MP and search up the item. Right-click on the item's image and select "View image info" or "View image in a new tab" (depending on your browser and the options available). Copy the image's URL for the image. As to how to make the image clickable:
[url=MP LISTING URL HERE][img]IMAGE URL HERE[/img][/url]
Thank you!

Stellar Succubus

Like so:

[url=MP URL of item][img]URL of item image[/img][/url]

Will show an image which will be clickable to the marketplace listing.

Simply put, you need to use an image as the link title, instead of words or just the link itself, but to do this you need to use the URL for the image, nested inside image tags for it to appear as an image in the forums.

Quote:
Go to the marketplace listing of the item you want
Right-click the main item image of the listing (don't worry, it won't appear that big when you link to it!)
click the "IMG" box in the post formatting section and paste your link in the box that appears, or, type:
[img][/img]

and paste the url you've just copied in the middle of the two tags.

Now, select/highlight the whole thing including the IMG tags.
Go back to your marketplace listing and copy the entire url in the browser bar at the top of your browser.
Go back to your post and make sure the IMG tags and url are highlighted. If not, do it now.
Now click "URL" box in your post formatting section and paste the url you've just copied in the box that appears.

Following those instructions, you should end up with code in your post that looks like this
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/100073/][img]http://s.cdn.gaiaonline.com/images/thumbnails/31b74928186e9.png[/img][/url]

Which will appear as a clickable image to the market listing like this

User Image

Note: make sure to turn off premium sparkle in your my gaia settings, or when you right click to get the image url, all you'll get is the animated premium sparkle overlay image.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff