Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So I'm making my profile out of scratch and I was doing great until i got to the part where you can add little images inside the panel boxes so there would be a picture besides the text about, recent visitors and so on.

The user who posted the profile topic was a little too vague for me with how to do it. He said to use this code ---> #id_about img

But I don't know if I also need to add the little things like the [] that you normally put around the img code, I don't know if I also need to add the = sign too.

So for example should it be like this -->
#id_about User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I don't even know, does anyone know?

Skilled Genius

little aishi chan
User Image

So I'm making my profile out of scratch and I was doing great until i got to the part where you can add little images inside the panel boxes so there would be a picture besides the text about, recent visitors and so on.

The user who posted the profile topic was a little too vague for me with how to do it. He said to use this code ---& #id_about img

But I don't know if I also need to add the little things like the [] that you normally put around the img code, I don't know if I also need to add the = sign too.

So for example should it be like this --&

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. It sounds like you just want to put an image in your about section and such. Just add the image with the BBcode image tags.

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Knight Yoshi
little aishi chan
User Image

The user who posted the profile topic was a little too vague for me with how to do it. He said to use this code ---& #id_about img

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. It sounds like you just want to put an image in your about section and such. Just add the image with the BBcode image tags.

User Image

Okay you know the panels on the profile page? About me, Recent visitors, Signature and such? Well apparently users can add images inside those panels so pictures will be beside the panel titles if that makes sense

Skilled Genius

little aishi chan
Knight Yoshi
little aishi chan
User Image

User Image

Okay you know the panels on the profile page? About me, Recent visitors, Signature and such? Well apparently users can add images inside those panels so pictures will be beside the panel titles if that makes sense
No, that doesn't make sense. It sounds like it's set as background images in some parts of the description, the switches to an actual image element.

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

Quote:
CURRENT PROFILE SYSTEM PANEL SELECTORS

These are the specific selectors for each panel.

To edit the header of a panel, you just add "h2' to it. I.E. the header of the About panel is #id_about h2. Likewise, to edit the links in a panel, you would just add "a"; i.e. #about a would affect only the links in the About panel. I would write them all out but I think it would just clutter the thread.

In addition to "h2" and "a", you can also add "img". "img" will affect only the images in that panel. For example, #id_signature img would affect only images in your signature panel.

I can't get any more clearer then that. The user makes it sound like you can have pictures next to the text in the panels on your profile.

Skilled Genius

little aishi chan
User Image

Quote:
CURRENT PROFILE SYSTEM PANEL SELECTORS

These are the specific selectors for each panel.

To edit the header of a panel, you just add "h2' to it. I.E. the header of the About panel is #id_about h2. Likewise, to edit the links in a panel, you would just add "a"; i.e. #about a would affect only the links in the About panel. I would write them all out but I think it would just clutter the thread.

In addition to "h2" and "a", you can also add "img". "img" will affect only the images in that panel. For example, #id_signature img would affect only images in your signature panel.

I can't get any more clearer then that. The user makes it sound like you can have pictures next to the text in the panels on your profile.
Do you mean like this?

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

Does anyone have any idea what I am talking about? Or did I just read it wrong? emotion_facepalm

Raider

Oh... I think I get what you mean, and it seems like you misinterpret the use of it. sweatdrop

The #id_about img doesn't actually help you add images into the panel, but more like changing the property (if it's the right word) of the contents (which in this case specifically target the images in the panel only instead of everything including words). sweatdrop

Say in the About Me section you have these:
TEXT TEXT TEXT

[img]Image Url here[/img][img]Image Url here[/img][img]Image Url here[/img][img]Image Url here[/img]

If you want to change the opacity of the About panel, you'd use this code:
#id_about {opacity: .5; }

But if you'd only want to change the opacity of the Images inside the About panel, you'd use:
#id_about img {opacity: .5; }

TL;DR: The #id_about img has nothing to do with adding images inside the panel. sweatdrop (Correct me if I'm wrong, Yoshi. )

If you want to change the BACKGROUND of the header (the color parts where it says the names of the panels to an image instead of plain color):

#id_SELECTOR h2 {background: url(' IMAGE URL HERE WITHOUT IMG TAGS ' ); }

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Traphyenna
Oh... I think I get what you mean, and it seems like you misinterpret the use of it. sweatdrop

The #id_about img doesn't actually help you add images into the panel, but more like changing the property (if it's the right word) of the contents (which in this case specifically target the images in the panel only instead of everything including words). sweatdrop

Say in the About Me section you have these:
TEXT TEXT TEXT

[img]Image Url here[/img][img]Image Url here[/img][img]Image Url here[/img][img]Image Url here[/img]

If you want to change the opacity of the About panel, you'd use this code:
#id_about {opacity: .5; }

But if you'd only want to change the opacity of the Images inside the About panel, you'd use:
#id_about img {opacity: .5; }

TL;DR: The #id_about img has nothing to do with adding images inside the panel. sweatdrop (Correct me if I'm wrong, Yoshi. )

If you want to change the BACKGROUND of the header (the color parts where it says the names of the panels to an image instead of plain color):

#id_SELECTOR h2 {background: url(' IMAGE URL HERE WITHOUT IMG TAGS ' ); }

User Image

Okay this is much better, thank you! So there is absolutely no way to put pictures into the panels at all? I know how to change the panle color, I was just wondering if we could also add more flare with picture next to the text. or do we just have to do those clip art pictures and resize them so it looks like it's in the panel?

Raider

little aishi chan

Okay this is much better, thank you! So there is absolutely no way to put pictures into the panels at all? I know how to change the panle color, I was just wondering if we could also add more flare with picture next to the text. or do we just have to do those clip art pictures and resize them so it looks like it's in the panel?

Like I previously mentioned, what you're trying to do is technically changing the background of the header or panel's into an image instead of color. If there's a specific way you want it to look like, you'd need to make an image with the proper size you want it to be (unless you want to fiddle around with the sizing code until you get it to how you want it).

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Traphyenna
little aishi chan

Like I previously mentioned, what you're trying to do is technically changing the background of the header or panel's into an image instead of color. If there's a specific way you want it to look like, you'd need to make an image with the proper size you want it to be (unless you want to fiddle around with the sizing code until you get it to how you want it).

User Image

Ah I get it now. thanks for the information. I think I'll just keep it at the color I have to now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff