Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Gekko

6,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
For some reason, gaia keeps on saying I can't send a rp profile to someone because it seems that their phishing for my password and private info?

What to do?
Not sure I understand. Are you saying that the site itself gives out a warning when you try to send a profile? Is this by PM?

Tipsy Gekko

6,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Yeah, that's exactly what it does.
It doesn't let me send the pm when I try, a red box pops up on top, and warns me about scams...
runes01
Yeah, that's exactly what it does.
It doesn't let me send the pm when I try, a red box pops up on top, and warns me about scams...
Okay. That does seem familiar now. It's probably how you formatted your PM where it appeared you are giving your password and name. There might be some information there that appeared to trigger the alarm. Is there another way to send the profile? Through a thread?

Fashionable Shapeshifter

9,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Yes you do need to beware of scam stuff they try to take over your account if the link is click

Tipsy Gekko

6,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Thanks ^_^

I see part of the problem now, cause there was a passcode to submit my profile, and I had to put my username on the profile.

I'll phrase it differently next.

Though, since it happened, will the person I tried sending the pm to get banned? I hope not!
runes01
Thanks ^_^

I see part of the problem now, cause there was a passcode to submit my profile, and I had to put my username on the profile.

I'll phrase it differently next.

Though, since it happened, will the person I tried sending the pm to get banned? I hope not!
Did you report the person? Probably not, if you didn't.
Maybe you can speak to that person regarding that passcode business?

Tipsy Gekko

6,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Yeah, I didn't report them, thanks god ^_^

Thanks a lot, UNSUB!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash