Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
But there are all those Americans who either go to work or school and can't get online for one of the caroling slots. And then there's family concerns, extra-curricular activities, church...

Everyone all over the world has a fairly equal chance at Gaia Standard Time influenced activities, I think. :3 It's just that personal schedules can lessen your own chances.
Things like this is why they should keep it up all night/day. ^^;; That'd make it so people in other countries had better shots...
Crap, these times are useless for us UK Gaians!
Meriko
But there are all those Americans who either go to work or school and can't get online for one of the caroling slots. And then there's family concerns, extra-curricular activities, church...

Everyone all over the world has a fairly equal chance at Gaia Standard Time influenced activities, I think. :3 It's just that personal schedules can lessen your own chances.
Yup. Some of us Americans are nocturnal.
I'll be gone or mostly gone for Christmas Eve and Christmas, so if there's any extra interesting events around the holiday itself, it's likely that I'll miss out. And I'm sure that there's lots of other people who will be doing the same thing. It seems fair enough to me, though. It's not Gaia's fault I have other obligations. whee
Meriko

That's rubbish.

Most of the British pobulation will be asleep throughout one of the sessions. You call that an equal chance?
And a lot of British people will be at work or at school, or taking part in something else during the other session.
Alright, that actually sounds like a fairly reasonable thing to happen and a nice way to have it set up. First it is going to be set up on Gaia time, so that means that it is going to happen twice every day that the event is on for, which means basically 6 times. This is also fair because not everyone has the same time zone as you, I know it might not seem too likely, but when it is your bed time, someone else might be just waking up, so in order to be fair to these people a set up like that would be required. This is sounding more than fair to me. Lets also consider the fact that right now we are on Christmas Holidays (I hope) which means that for most of us there isn't really a "Go to sleep because you have to be up for school tomorow" time. So, logically, if you were to have enough coffe you could stay up for all the time that you needed in order to accomplish the greater goal of getting gifts from all of the Non-Player-Characters. Now, to summerize, what I basically just said was, don't panic, it makes you look bad for not thinking about all of that, and me look bad for having to explain it.
Caz-chan

Exactly!

Tipsy Hunter

There's 2 caroling session a day, you just have to somehow find time to slip in and carol, and it last more than 1 day, so you should be able to get at least a gift or 2. People that spends more time on gaia are always rewarded more, it always been that way. >.o;;;

It's not exactly fair, but that's life for you. And limited time makes it more fun.
Skyblue
There's 2 caroling session a day, you just have to somehow find time to slip in and carol, and it last more than 1 day, so you should be able to get at least a gift or 2. People that spends more time on gaia are always rewarded more, it always been that way. >.o;;;

It's not exactly fair, but that's life for you. And limited time makes it more fun.

But the thing is, I could be on Gaia from 9am to 3am the next day (GMT) and still miss out on one of the sessions. neutral So don't give me that "people who spend more time on Gaia..." rubbish. The admins have just planned this out poorly, giving an unfair advantage to Americans.
ALSHDFRLKJ RAAAAAAAWWRRRRRRGH

LOBSTRA SMASH CITY

It's unfair to Australians and South Americans that they have songs like "dreaming of a white christmas" and stuff because it's summer for them during Christmas. WHY DON'T WE ALL LIVE ON A FLAT PLANE INSTEAD OF EARTH SO WE WILL ALL LIVE IN EQUALITY AS FAR AS TIME ZONES AND SEASONS ARE CONCERNED! While we're at it, let's wish everyone looked like grey blobs like in that episode of the fairly oddparents.

Oh god I'm so tired.

But seriously, life isn't fair, let's all cry about it. I'm serious. Crying about it will totally solve everything. cry

See? Problem solved.

I should really stop posting when I'm sick and quasi-delirious... whee
Longbow UK
Caz-chan

Exactly!

I feel so sory for you lot! gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas